Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 193 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
chuusu, Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12
30713 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30713 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#203505 - 07/16/09 12:59 AM Re: My new childrens bedroom [Re: MissKathy]
BayouBlonde Offline
Master

Loc: Louisiana
I'm so glad your little peeps are enjoying the food! I tried to work on some Asian meals today and for the first time I couldn't concentrate because thinking about the menu had me just dieing to go cook. lol

A bump map basically has the effect of adding a textured look to a surface. They can be used for all sorts of things. I was just thinking that it would give the wall a bit of a textured appearance without changing the overall color of it. I can't really tell you how to use a bump map unless you're using GIMP. lol Lyssa and Lewanda are great help with the other programs though. I don't even know which program Moonlyght uses. hehe

#203506 - 07/16/09 01:09 AM Re: My new childrens bedroom [Re: MissKathy]
Lewanda Offline
Legend

Loc: Ky
Actually Miss Kathy, the only thing that is too bright is the wall, and it can be fixed very easily by lowering the hue a bit. I love all the colors you have in the rug and beds. All in all I think you did an awesome job on it.

#203510 - 07/16/09 01:37 AM Re: My new childrens bedroom [Re: BayouBlonde]
*Moonlyght* Offline
Guru

Loc: São Paulo, Brazil
Originally Posted By: BayouBlonde
I I can't really tell you how to use a bump map unless you're using GIMP. lol Lyssa and Lewanda are great help with the other programs though. I don't even know which program Moonlyght uses. hehe

Hi! smile

I use Adobe Photoshop Portable. It's really nice 'cause it's light to load. smile

#203520 - 07/16/09 01:52 AM Re: My new childrens bedroom [Re: *Moonlyght*]
Lyssaria Offline
Legend

Loc: Suburban Isola
LOL you didn't change it? I could've sworn I saw a different rug.. lots more solid colors and brighter. In any case, I still wouldn't change it the way it looks, I love everything about it. smile It's such a playful room and it'll definitely give a strong contrast to the other rooms depending on the mods used.

#203745 - 07/17/09 02:42 AM Re: My new childrens bedroom [Re: *Moonlyght*]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
Originally Posted By: *Moonlyght*
Originally Posted By: BayouBlonde
I I can't really tell you how to use a bump map unless you're using GIMP. lol Lyssa and Lewanda are great help with the other programs though. I don't even know which program Moonlyght uses. hehe

Hi! smile

I use Adobe Photoshop Portable. It's really nice 'cause it's light to load. smile

I have Photoshop 6.0 Although I have a Mac, I run it on a Windows Partition. However, I've noticed my computer getting really hot after only 1 hour of working on the mods so shut down so it can cool off.

BayouBlonde, I downloaded Gimp about 2 weeks ago and... wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I guess I just need to take the time and figure out how to use it. I don't even know how to create a new layer but I did paint some pretty pillows when practicing. Gimp's gradient tool works differently from my Photoshops gradient tool.

Lewanda: Your mods are AWESOME!

Lyssaria: Thank you for the fountain light. I'm glad you said that it would work with all fountain mods because I plan on modding tomorrow and will be adding BayouBlonde's new fountain to my map. smile By the way, I'd read your thoughts when you were first contemplating opening the gate... then the next day I saw you had actually done it! Cracked me up!!! Is there anything you can't do? You go girl!!! laugh

Attachments
pillows.jpg

Description: Pillow practice

#203750 - 07/17/09 03:05 AM Re: My new childrens bedroom [Re: MissKathy]
pebbles22 Offline
Adviser

Loc: NV
MissKathy

I am so excited for you to get your kids room done! I am going to start a whole new game just so that I can have it! So, get it done really super fast!!! lol *kidding* I just wanted to give you a little pep talk.

Jennifer

#203751 - 07/17/09 03:21 AM Re: My new childrens bedroom [Re: pebbles22]
Lyssaria Offline
Legend

Loc: Suburban Isola
Thanks Kathy! smile Getting the light on the fountain took 15+ tries which involves opening and closing the game >_< It distracted me from my poor golden retriever mod, but I'm about to submit that now. smile

I love the colors on those pillows! they also look so shiny and silky, I just want to pounce them grin

#204012 - 07/18/09 05:57 AM Re: My new childrens bedroom [Re: pebbles22]
Lead Tester

Originally Posted By: pebbles22
MissKathy

I am so excited for you to get your kids room done! I am going to start a whole new game just so that I can have it! So, get it done really super fast!!! lol *kidding* I just wanted to give you a little pep talk.

Jennifer

I'll work on it for you this weekend smile At least straightening up the alignments.

#204013 - 07/18/09 05:58 AM Re: My new childrens bedroom [Re: Lyssaria]
Lead Tester

Originally Posted By: Lyssaria
Thanks Kathy! smile Getting the light on the fountain took 15+ tries which involves opening and closing the game >_< It distracted me from my poor golden retriever mod, but I'm about to submit that now. smile

I love the colors on those pillows! they also look so shiny and silky, I just want to pounce them grin

Thank you Lyssaria, I have no idea how I did it! LOL! It was my first attempt at using Gimp.

#204022 - 07/18/09 06:39 AM Re: My new childrens bedroom [Re: MissKathy]
Lewanda Offline
Legend

Loc: Ky
Miss Kathy, I just posted a little tut for littlewindbird on how to get your maps perfectly straight.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter