No worries, Simsane. I'm still playing the first version because I bought mine from shockwave. heh
The only time I buy organics is when they are on sale and have had absolutely no problems with health unless an illness hits just after I shut down for the night and it is left untreated for a while. I always praise "healthy" behaviors (working out, quick workout, enjoying sounds of nature, relaxing, etc.) and health always raises quickly.
Work room upgrades DO seem to make a difference in promotion speed.(I play 8 families on two windows logins.) I always have at least one of the two adults at master, usually both.
My experiment with salaries beginning at $15 resulted in several different ending pay grades with only a few maxing at $690. Unfortunately, my daughter fell ill just as they were all maxing out and I was barely able to run in and feed everyone, so I didn't have the time to make notes of all the job titles and master salaries as I had hoped.
Hopefully I can post a list of some that I do remember later today. Just glancing over the posts above I can say that the Online Store Operator definitely maxes at 690.