Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 191 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
chuusu, Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12
30713 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30713 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 11 of 12 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 >
Topic Options
#210746 - 09/24/09 08:48 PM Re: LOST REMOTE??? [Re: DasDarling]
Annthewhofan Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Northwest, England
In one of my families the TV remote is missing entirely. I looked everywhere for it and even outside surrounding areas and it is nowhere to be seen. I believe that one of the kids have hidden it so I not able to locate it, or is this some sort of bug. The remote is lost forever? I'm as confused as they are.

#210751 - 09/24/09 10:17 PM Re: LOST REMOTE??? [Re: Annthewhofan]
Cheron Offline
Expert

Loc: Who are these kids, and why ar...
I entirely lost the remote one time too. So I renamed the bbq.png file to remote.png file, which turned the remote image into the barbecue image. I had no trouble finding it then and when it was put back on the coffee table, I renamed the image file back to remote.png. It turned out that it was sitting on the side of one of the kids beds which in the mod I'm using is black, I couldn't see it because it was black too! Any large .png file will work to replace the remote.png so you can find it, just make sure you make a backup of remote.png first so you can rename it back after it's located.

Renaming the remote.png file only helps in locating the remote. I understand there is also a glitch on the remote where it can't be picked up from in the bushes outside.

#210754 - 09/24/09 11:17 PM Re: LOST REMOTE??? [Re: Cheron]
Annthewhofan Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

I will do that and see how it goes the only thing that this one is on my laptop and not my computer. I believe that I could get the mod and put it on a disk to transfer it to my laptop. I got it on my computer as well but none have I lost the remote at least.

#210763 - 09/25/09 04:54 AM Re: LOST REMOTE??? [Re: Annthewhofan]
Cheron Offline
Expert

Loc: Who are these kids, and why ar...
Hi Ann, you don't need a mod to locate the remote, all you need are the original image files which installed when you originally installed the game on your laptop. In Windows look for your .png files in the IMAGES folder under PROGRAM FILES\VIRTUAL FAMILIES. It is best to make a separate folder called something like BACKUP IMAGES or IMAGES BACKUP and copy all of the files from your IMAGES folder into your backup folder, the backed up image files are sacred ground and one day you may be happy you have copies of these original files. You'll find the .png files you need in the IMAGES folder. Good luck.

#210785 - 09/25/09 11:54 PM Re: LOST REMOTE??? [Re: Cheron]
Annthewhofan Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Thank you I found the remote and if I not read the first post I would not have thought of looking at the right far end of the screen. It was a very tricky remover to get someone to pick it up. I had to pause the game and lucky enough there was a weed next to it in the same area. So I dropped one family member behind the tool tray just beyond the weed and she retrieved it. Now they can watch TV after not for the last 3 days. grin

#211449 - 10/11/09 02:51 AM Re: Lost Remote? [Re: PrettyKitty97]
gusmom Offline

I've lost the remote from all 5 families at the same time. What is that?

#212753 - 11/25/09 12:03 AM Re: Lost Remote?
poofy Offline
Expert

Loc: Kentucky
The remote for the TV is gone. I cant find it anywhere. Can anyone tell me how to get it back

#220287 - 03/17/10 11:12 PM Help with remote
Zelena Offline
Adviser

Loc: Bucharest, Romania
The remote its under the tray,
Anyone know how can I get it from there please?

Attachments
Remote.jpg

Whenever you set out to do something, something else must be done first.

#220289 - 03/17/10 11:24 PM Re: Help with remote [Re: Zelena]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
This thread and post will assist you.
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#220290 - 03/17/10 11:37 PM Re: Help with remote [Re: Xay]
Zelena Offline
Adviser

Loc: Bucharest, Romania
Thank you, dont have any kid frown

Whenever you set out to do something, something else must be done first.

Page 11 of 12 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter