Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 201 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Pearl8520, chuusu, Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty
30714 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30714 Members
76 Forums
19383 Topics
186934 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 16 of 19 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 >
Topic Options
#191074 - 05/02/09 07:16 PM Re: Tired/Exhausted [Re: Simsane]
virtualbrenda Offline
Expert

Well Simsane, I'm not sure if they are fixed, or they just recovered with naps during the day. laugh

They certainly seem to nap a lot less, but I have a test family on night while I'm playing my usual families on day, and the child goes to bed, but the parents are still walking around exhausted. This is a new family started after .02, so I'm not sure what is normal as I usually don't play their night time, but thought I'd give it a go to see what happens.

I'm glad the switching day to night worked for you. It's always nice to have the game work with you. I'm glad your peeps are doing well, and those triplets will keep you busy. I had boy triplets, but they're 14 now and have stopped all that naughty stuff. smile

#191080 - 05/02/09 07:24 PM Re: Tired/Exhausted [Re: virtualbrenda]
Simsane Offline
Master

Loc: Washington State
Yea, these are boy triplets and two of them seem to be really well behaved but one wants to do all the "naughty" stuff like writing on the walls, jumping on the bed, hiding the toys, etc. laugh They are all 4 right now and they have an older brother who is 7. The older brother also wants to write on walls, bang pots, dig to China, etc. So he and the one triplet do keep me busy -- picking them up and plopping them down somewhere else like the sandbox or the toys so I can use the green hand on them there instead of having to use the red hand on them for whatever it was that they were doing.

I have 3 families where I've switched day/night and then one where I haven't switched so I can play during the day too. The one family that I haven't switched seems to be having problems too. I think that the way the game is set up, that when your families should be sleeping, you are not supposed to even open the game. So, it may turn out that I will have to just have ALL my families on the same time schedule, but there are times when I like to sit down to play earlier in the day so that's why I left one family as is instead of switching the hours around. I just did this yesterday though, so I haven't had much time to test it to see what will happen in the long run.

#191140 - 05/02/09 11:26 PM Re: Tired/Exhausted [Re: Vicki S]
Lewanda Offline
Legend

Loc: Ky
They're most energized in the morning hours. It's not much fun to play after 5 or so, as they are tired or exhausted for 12 virtual years (or 12 hours for us). This is something I wish they'd change about the game.

#191143 - 05/02/09 11:52 PM Re: Tired/Exhausted [Re: Lewanda]
DDF Offline

I have an idea for the exhaustion in the evening hours. If the developers could make the energy drink last say...oh for 4 hrs. and make it readily available in the GROCERY section so you could buy as many as you need, then you could use it for the exhaustion hours so that most of us night owls could play. It wouldn't effect the way the game runs for those of you that are happy with it as it is. You could use the energy drinks, or not, depending on when you choose to play.

#191238 - 05/03/09 09:56 AM NIGHT/DAY PROBLEM/Re: Tired/Exhausted [Re: DDF]
Lewanda Offline
Legend

Loc: Ky
The whole problem of the NIGHT/DAY thing is that these little peeps have 12 virtual hours of night, and it's no fun to play with them when they're so exhausted. Nothing you do after about 5 or 6 really helps...Even the naps only have a small temporary effect.

I love playing in the hours between 6 AM and 4 PM, because they're energized. From late afternoon and evening hours the game just isn't any fun to play. I like to play the game a bit at different times of the day, and would like the evening hours to be as much fun as the morning hours with it.

#191241 - 05/03/09 11:00 AM NIGHT/DAY PROBLEM/Re: Tired/Exhausted [Re: Lewanda]
Simsane Offline
Master

Loc: Washington State
Lewanda, I mostly play during the evening hours and into the early morning hours myself. I was having the same problem as you until I switched the day/night. So, for my first family I switched day to night, then my second and third families as well. I do keep the 4th and 5th families on the original day when it's day where I live and night when it's night where I live so I can play them off and on throughout my day, but the other three families are sleeping then and I start playing them around 5:00 in the evening and then play them off and on until I go to bed. It's been working out fine for me.

#191260 - 05/03/09 03:30 PM Re: Tired/Exhausted [Re: Simsane]
virtualbrenda Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Simsane
Yea, these are boy triplets and two of them seem to be really well behaved but one wants to do all the "naughty" stuff like writing on the walls, jumping on the bed, hiding the toys, etc. laugh They are all 4 right now and they have an older brother who is 7. The older brother also wants to write on walls, bang pots, dig to China, etc. So he and the one triplet do keep me busy -- picking them up and plopping them down somewhere else like the sandbox or the toys so I can use the green hand on them there instead of having to use the red hand on them for whatever it was that they were doing.

I'm just mean & spank them with the red glove, but not for many things. Just the two that would annoy me in real life, banging dishes & writing on the wall. I love jumping on beds, even if it's naughty. laugh

Originally Posted By: Simsane
I have 3 families where I've switched day/night and then one where I haven't switched so I can play during the day too. The one family that I haven't switched seems to be having problems too. I think that the way the game is set up, that when your families should be sleeping, you are not supposed to even open the game. So, it may turn out that I will have to just have ALL my families on the same time schedule, but there are times when I like to sit down to play earlier in the day so that's why I left one family as is instead of switching the hours around. I just did this yesterday though, so I haven't had much time to test it to see what will happen in the long run.

That's exactly what I have done Simsane. What started out as a test "their night" family during my night has turned into my day playing family. Of course the house isn't as well run or as clean because I don't get as time during the day, but it's there to play daytime if I want to. Plus it's interesting to see how it goes pretty bad when you're not keeping an eye on it regularly. Socks, weeds, garbage with flies, toilet clogged & hungry!

But I am happy to report, since downloading the update and switching it off for the night, the original family I have had since day one is less tired & exhausted. It must have needed to be rebooted. I also have two other families reversed, as you do, that I started before this latest update and they are also working out well. Love all the new actions.

#191385 - 05/03/09 08:36 PM Re: Tired/Exhausted [Re: knksmiles]
afamilysomeday Offline
Trainee

Loc: Canada
One of my ppl is a bit blue. How can I make them feel better? Another one of of my ppl is a bit sick but because I don't have the full version, I cannot buy any meds...Is there anything O can do instead?

#191388 - 05/03/09 08:43 PM Re: Tired/Exhausted [Re: afamilysomeday]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
afamilysomeday, you can praise the "blue" person occasionally and they will eventually get happy again. However, since you only have the Mac trial version, I don't believe there's anything you can do about the sick one unless you purchase the game.

Edited by Xay (05/03/09 08:49 PM)
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#191800 - 05/05/09 02:05 AM Re: Tired/Exhausted [Re: Xay]
Badger55 Offline

Loc: NoDak, USA
Nothing I do stops both people from becoming exhausted and losing energy down to a bare slice of color on the energy bar indicator. I have no cures for this. What can I do?

Page 16 of 19 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter