Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 201 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Pearl8520, chuusu, Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty
30714 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30714 Members
76 Forums
19383 Topics
186934 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 11 of 19 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 18 19 >
Topic Options
#189968 - 04/29/09 06:04 AM Re: Tired/Exhausted [Re: miskinsincap]
Jeania Offline

Loc: Minnesota/Wisconsin USA
Aye, there's a few things that might want to be looked at smile

The game plays in real time, so being able to pause (and fast forward :p) would help, along with a look at the energy composition.

Also, perhaps either an increase in wages (or how often they are paid?) and a lowered amount in the food. lol granted, food in rl is expensive, but cripes, lol you have to buy so much when you log back on. (plus if you have lower than 2000 they croak Oo and the organic costs an arm and a leg, specially the meat).

But aside from looking at those, another look at adding a fast forward:

If we could pause when we sleep (and some of us work, have kids, husbands, and other icky rl things wink ) and then fast forward so that we can enjoy the game more when we can play, I think it would help a lot.

And someone on *Shoutbox was just mentioning something I forgot about:

When women have birth, they become exhausted (which is understandable) but their health drop to half lol. (quoted from Marian Frae).

And yes, I work mine too much maybe >.> But they don't make much money, and most of my income is seeming to come from selling the collectibles. But I can't seem to have them going off and playing if they can't afford to keep the food 'in line' lol. Thanks to a tip from someone else on finding out what's making them sick as I'd fill them with meds and they'd be like 'nope' lol, so that's saving me some money.

I absolutely love this game smile I am hoping that all those points are being looked at ^^ And nice to meet you guys ^_^

edit: and yes, going to try some of the tips you all wrote, but still think some of the issues could stand to be looked at :p

Edited by Jeania (04/29/09 06:06 AM)

#189983 - 04/29/09 07:06 AM Re: Tired/Exhausted [Re: Jeania]
SoulSmilen Offline
Adviser

Loc: Texas
This whole thing is very frustrating for me because I DON'T want a fix.. lol It will change the whole dynamics of the way I play the game and I don't see how it will be better in my particular case. Don't try to fix what isn't broke! C'este la vie, eh?

LDW, if you're going to do other fixes, can you do one that doesn't have this one but has the rest? Eh, I know you can't do that, but it's going to suck that I won't have the rest of the updates. I will go cry now. cry smile

#189986 - 04/29/09 07:12 AM Re: Tired/Exhausted [Re: SoulSmilen]
virtualbrenda Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: SoulSmilen
This whole thing is very frustrating for me because I DON'T want a fix.. lol It will change the whole dynamics of the way I play the game and I don't see how it will be better in my particular case. Don't try to fix what isn't broke! C'este la vie, eh?

LDW, if you're going to do other fixes, can you do one that doesn't have this one but has the rest? Eh, I know you can't do that, but it's going to suck that I won't have the rest of the updates. I will go cry now. cry smile

I agree I don't want a fix if it means the game forces sleep on the peeps and makes the energy bar easy. As it is, it makes it a more challenging game, and I know that with the right workaround, you can get your family well rested.

The only thing I'd like fixed, if it's possible, is the sudden change in peeps when you change to another game slot.

I love this game just as it is (with the exception of what I just said & maybe slow time so they age slower). laugh

#189992 - 04/29/09 07:21 AM Re: Tired/Exhausted [Re: virtualbrenda]
SoulSmilen Offline
Adviser

Originally Posted By: bren
Originally Posted By: SoulSmilen

I agree I don't want a fix if it means the game forces sleep on the peeps and makes the energy bar easy. As it is, it makes it a more challenging game, and I know that with the right workaround, you can get your family well rested.

The only thing I'd like fixed, if it's possible, is the sudden change in peeps when you change to another game slot.

I love this game just as it is (with the exception of what I just said & maybe slow time so they age slower). laugh

Bren, I think I love you!! LOL
I wish more of the same opinion would chime in.

:going to recruit people:

shocked

#189997 - 04/29/09 07:39 AM Re: Tired/Exhausted [Re: miskinsincap]
Simsane Offline
Master

Loc: Washington State
I made sure that last night I put them to bed then exited the game and did not reopen it again. I have so far done the same thing tonight and, as I'm tired myself tonight, I'm sure that will be the case. This morning when I opened the game, they were only about 3/4 full of energy and this evening after dinner was cleaned up and I sat down and opened the game back up (it was about 8:00 - 8:15) some of them were exhausted and some were tired but became exhaused very quickly. I'm happy that there are people who don't seem to have any problems, but for me at least, this issue is definitely making the game less enjoyable. I did pause the game one time -- the very first night I had it, which was last Saturday night because I didn't know how much food they needed to get through the night and I was going to be busy on Sunday morning. I have not paused it even once since then though. I'm only saying this because it sounds like some people feel that pausing the game causes problems.

Maybe I should completely uninstall it using Add/Remove programs and then re-download it and start again? I have already tried wiping out 3 of my 4 families and starting with new ones, but it hasn't helped. Does anyone know if pausing it that first night may have caused a permanent sleep issue?

Edited by Simsane (04/29/09 07:41 AM)
Edit Reason: correct a misspelling

#189998 - 04/29/09 07:58 AM Re: Tired/Exhausted [Re: Simsane]
SoulSmilen Offline
Adviser

I don't think it's any one thing, and I can understand that pausing it gets more years out of their lives, so I can see that point of view, for sure.

I doubt that uninstalling will help, and would highly doubt something could permanently effect the outcome from one action, especially in a game where the characters are trainable. I learned a lot tonight in the shout box and another place how different folks are playing, and because of all the dynamics and versatility in how we do things, there is no "One size fits all" answer. What makes it work for one might be the exact thing that makes it NOT work for someone else.

I just hope they find a happy medium and take into consideration that there are people who ARE happy with it the way it is and will most likely never post because of that. There are people that tend to post only when there are issues, so that's what is represented here.

I said it in another post of mine and I'll say it again.. there's no way LDW can make all of us happy, so it makes sense that a fix will be done for the majority, and that's ok. It's how life works! smile

That dern mileage and the way it varies... hehe

#189999 - 04/29/09 08:07 AM Re: Tired/Exhausted [Re: Simsane]
virtualbrenda Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Simsane
I made sure that last night I put them to bed then exited the game and did not reopen it again. I have so far done the same thing tonight and, as I'm tired myself tonight, I'm sure that will be the case. This morning when I opened the game, they were only about 3/4 full of energy and this evening after dinner was cleaned up and I sat down and opened the game back up (it was about 8:00 - 8:15) some of them were exhausted and some were tired but became exhaused very quickly. I'm happy that there are people who don't seem to have any problems, but for me at least, this issue is definitely making the game less enjoyable. I did pause the game one time -- the very first night I had it, which was last Saturday night because I didn't know how much food they needed to get through the night and I was going to be busy on Sunday morning. I have not paused it even once since then though. I'm only saying this because it sounds like some people feel that pausing the game causes problems.

Maybe I should completely uninstall it using Add/Remove programs and then re-download it and start again? I have already tried wiping out 3 of my 4 families and starting with new ones, but it hasn't helped. Does anyone know if pausing it that first night may have caused a permanent sleep issue?

I don't think uninstalling would make any difference. I found my 1st gen family were always tired, but my 2nd gen family have been a breeze to get rested.

The new family I started, they seem to be doing ok as the first gen - so maybe it's just like we are, individual peeps have lower energy, or maybe you work them longer than we do. Or their job may make them more tired. I think just like real life, some peeps are going to have a more tiring day than others. It does keep the game fresh & exciting.

I wouldn't keep deleting families. I would try to get one gen through, and you may find as I did, the 2nd gen are a little easier to handle.

And no problems agreeing SoulSmilen. I do love this game as it is apart from a couple of little issues. I don't want to see it become so easy to maintain it takes the involvement out of it. It's one thing I do love about it. It's harder than the VV series, or at least I think it is.

#190001 - 04/29/09 08:13 AM Re: Tired/Exhausted [Re: virtualbrenda]
Marian Frae Offline

Posing a question here... for those of you complaining about the exhaustion and stuff(which I have some issues... but nothing I'd want to be fixed. It's just... they make me think of me when it comes to sleeping *glances at clock and winces*)- are you dragging them straight back to bed when they wake up? Because then it's NO WONDER they're not getting any better. There are some things in this game(like collecting and taking out garbage) that can be interrupted but still be counted as done... and others that have to be played till status changes(like pulling a weed... and guess what? "Going to bed" and "Taking a nap").

EDIT: O_o" Holy [censored]... THAT shouldn't happen. My woman just went to bed "Tired" and woke up "Exhausted".

Edited by Marian Frae (04/29/09 08:18 AM)

#190002 - 04/29/09 08:28 AM Re: Tired/Exhausted [Re: Marian Frae]
Simsane Offline
Master

Loc: Washington State
SoulSmilen and Bren, thanks for the advice. I still have the daughter from my very first family (well, her and her husband and kids) but familes 2, 3 and 4 were wiped out and restarted. I will just keep trying to figure things out. Here it is 12:35 in the morning where I live and I'm still up (just about to go to bed though) but I closed my game around 10:20 tonight and haven't reopened it since. Hopefully after a few nights like that they will start having more energy. It's just that I was disappointed that when I tried to play around 8:00 to 8:30 this evening they were either really tired or already exhausted, but I kept at it anyway until almost 10:30. Now, as I said, I won't open the game before tomorrow morning and hopefully they will have more energy tomorrow.

Marian Frae, when my peeps voluntarily nap during the day, I leave them alone until I see they are up again on their own. I will play another family member instead. I have even put some of them into the hammock throughout the day and purposely left them alone until I noticed they were back up on their own, so I have been trying to let them sleep and just playing the family members that have more energy.

I have also been stopping my "workaholics" and trying to make them watch t.v., read, dance, etc. to force them to relax more. Maybe everyone that says they don't want it changed is right -- it's just a more challenging game in that we have to learn to work with them as individuals. I just wish that I actually had more time to play them when they weren't tired. It's too bad that I couldn't make their morning start when I was ready to start playing, but that would probably mean changing my computer's clock which I really don't want to do. I know that with all the VV games, I never once changed the clock, I just played it the hard way. smile

Edited by Simsane (04/29/09 08:29 AM)

#190010 - 04/29/09 09:21 AM Re: Tired/Exhausted [Re: Simsane]
virtualbrenda Offline
Expert

I can certainly relate to having to play the game when it suits the Family, not you, but that's why I reversed time as I play only at night. I just check in during the day as I'm busy then. Would that work better for you Simsane? Their day is your night time?

And re the energy bar. I never get a full energy bar. It gets just over half or at best 3/4 full. Are you trying for a full energy bar like you can do with the others?

Page 11 of 19 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 18 19 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter