Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 193 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
chuusu, Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12
30713 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30713 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 10 of 19 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 18 19 >
Topic Options
#189914 - 04/29/09 12:49 AM Re: Tired/Exhausted [Re: esther1981]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
You can certainly do all those things, but understand that it will make your peeps tired (just like if your parents kept coming into your room all night long, turning on the light, and checking on you and your stuff). laugh

#189916 - 04/29/09 12:53 AM Re: Tired/Exhausted [Re: LadyCFII]
esther1981 Offline
Master

Loc: Marion, Ohio
lol i see ur point! maybe i will TRY and i did say try to let them sleep all night. it will be hard tho!!

#189920 - 04/29/09 01:06 AM Re: Tired/Exhausted [Re: esther1981]
LauraW Offline

Lady, while my little people appear to be getting a little more rest, they certainly do not sleep all night, even if I don't check in at all. The little bars do not fill all the way and after an hour or so, they are tired again. I don't check on them at night.

I wonder about the issue someone is having running two games and waking one family up while playing the other. I am going to try this but hope it isn't a huge problem.

#189922 - 04/29/09 01:16 AM Re: Tired/Exhausted [Re: Xay]
knksmiles Offline
Master

Originally Posted By: Xay
When I turn off my game I just exit the program, I don't pause the game. Then I leave it alone for a MINIMUM of 6-8 hours. (i.e. I don't open it again to check what they are doing...I just leave it closed.) I always make sure that I leave plenty of food for them first. My people are always elated when I open the game (usually the next morning) and aren't exhausted until really late at night (real time)

I have done the same thing from the beginning and have had no problems with exhaustion until 9 to 10 PM. I am exhausted by then since I get up between 4-6 AM, as, I think do my peeps. My husband, who works a late swing shift stopped checking on his peeps in the middle of their night and has stopped having problems with them being over tired and exhausted. Each morning, their energy level is back near the top.

#189923 - 04/29/09 01:19 AM Re: Tired/Exhausted [Re: LadyCFII]
SoulSmilen Offline
Adviser

Loc: Texas
Ahhhh, that might be the difference all in itself. Lady, is simply not waking them up at night to check on them a good part of the reason some of us are not having these issues? Your comment about letting them sleep without interruption and it taking a couple days to see the benefits makes sense, too.

Along these lines...

- I've never paused the game
- I never switched from day to night or back (it runs normal time)
- I keep 2000 units of food in the fridge because I don't play from 10pm one night until 6'ish pm the next evening
- Even though I know they prepare meals when they're alone through the day, I still initiate it when I open it up, bringing the level to full green bar, even if it takes sitting someone down a 2nd time
- Once I shut it down around 10 when they go to sleep, I don't open it back up to check on them; they don't see my until the next evening and their energy levels are always over 3/4 of the way (except for the 1 test family)
- I did play late into the morning over the weekend, but again, once they were in bed, that was it.

It stands to reason that if they're being checked on after going to sleep at night, and then being put BACK to bed, praising them, only to wake them up again when checking to see if they're asleep, and praising again.. would cause a repetitive cycle of sleeplessness and confusion and that would cause the exhaustion...? In the process, it seems that it would untrain them to go to bed.

I'm going to try this with the test family who has no exhaustion issues and see if this causes some.

***Back to the drawing board***

#189924 - 04/29/09 01:23 AM Re: Tired/Exhausted [Re: knksmiles]
SoulSmilen Offline
Adviser

Loc: Texas
Originally Posted By: knksmiles
Originally Posted By: Xay
When I turn off my game I just exit the program, I don't pause the game. Then I leave it alone for a MINIMUM of 6-8 hours. (i.e. I don't open it again to check what they are doing...I just leave it closed.) I always make sure that I leave plenty of food for them first. My people are always elated when I open the game (usually the next morning) and aren't exhausted until really late at night (real time)

I have done the same thing from the beginning and have had no problems with exhaustion until 9 to 10 PM. I am exhausted by then since I get up between 4-6 AM, as, I think do my peeps. My husband, who works a late swing shift stopped checking on his peeps in the middle of their night and has stopped having problems with them being over tired and exhausted. Each morning, their energy level is back near the top.

Woops.. looks like I was posting while these two were being posted.

Now that I've read them, I'm glad to see you two are not having issues either; I was beginning to wonder if I was in la-la land. crazy

#189950 - 04/29/09 03:38 AM Re: Tired/Exhausted [Re: SoulSmilen]
Goldenth Offline

I have the same problem that all of you are having, but the thing is that as time passes they get older. And is just a waste to struggle with this issue when they can be working on their careers and other things. The fun of the game is to see them progress the can achieve doing the things meant to be for the game. If for example, it takes them 8 human hours to recover their energy what's the point of playing, by the time they recover it they&#8217;ll be too old, and as they get older it gets harder for them to work already. So sleep problem is a glitch and should be address further. The whole point of the forum is to be able to give opinions that will make this game better furthermore and now that is being tested by us is the time to mention it. Other than that so far the game is good and entertaining

Keep up the good work LDW!!! and thanks for all your hard work and effort

#189956 - 04/29/09 04:28 AM Re: Tired/Exhausted [Re: Goldenth]
teris Offline

I can't play the game at all because of the tired/exhaustion thing. No matter what time I try playing, even if they are relatively replenished, their sleep levels seem to sink so quickly. I have done EVERYTHING that I have read about here in the forums. Nothing seems to really help. I am at a complete loss... frown

Edited by teris (04/29/09 04:30 AM)

#189958 - 04/29/09 04:41 AM Re: Tired/Exhausted [Re: SoulSmilen]
virtualbrenda Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: SoulSmilen
Bren, that makes sense on the food/weak thing, thanks for the confirmation. I wasn't sure if people were saying being weak was tied to being tired/exhausted or not.

I'm not trying to be difficult, I would just really like to know where the differences are for those that have issues and those that don't.

I do have one of the fathers in one family that gets exhausted sometimes, but like I said, it doesn't affect game play at all, and his health is still full tilt. All it takes is one nap session and he's back to work with no issues. I see this as being pretty much inline with real life.

Regarding putting a family to sleep only to have them get out of bed and wander around after switching to another slot... how does one know they do that? LOL Is there a spy camera in their house? wink

Glad that helped a little SoulSmilen.

Regarding the switching game slot. When you put your peeps to bed and stay in the game, they will stay in bed for at least 10 - 15 minutes. I've put them all to bed, immediately changed game slot, then changed back (so probably a 30 second change), and the peeps are all up watching TV or doing something else. No-one is in bed. It's like when you make a stew in VV and change game slot & it immediately disappears.

But I've read the rest of the thread, and while I'm not having huge issues while I had the one Family, I'm going to try and not turn the game on when it's their 'night time' (day time) to see if improves the 2nd Family. I had them on reverse - so one I wanted to play during the day as day, and one I wanted to play at night as day, but I don't think it's going to work out??

#189964 - 04/29/09 05:30 AM Re: Tired/Exhausted [Re: LadyCFII]
miskinsincap Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Turkey
Originally Posted By: LadyCFII
The key to giving your peeps enough rest is to let them sleep overnight without checking on them or bothering them. Most 'real' people sleep many consecutive hours a day. When you keep checking on your peeps, they think you want them to be awake so you can play with them. They'll try to get fitful bouts of resting in, but it won't be enough. Just turn the game off (without pausing) and let them get some rest. It should work wonders after a day or so of that. laugh

But Lady, they don't get 8 hours of sleep; they get years of sleep in game time, like virtual sleeping beauties. I really don't want to leave and come back to find them years older. Much can happen in 4 (or 8?) years, kids can leave home, mother can pass child bearing age, they may get sick and perhaps die. I really want to witness how the family evolves, and I really feel that there should be a way for us to be able to do that rather than closing the game and so closing our eyes.

And there's another problem about it. I usually leave the game about 3 AM and come back next day afternoon. So no matter how I set the day/night, they'll still get half of their night's sleep. And it's quite impractical for me to adjust my life according to my virtual family grin

So, my little people are constantly taking naps (naps seems to replenish more energy) when they're tired. Their energy bar is usually half full, but it's the best solution I could find without leaving them alone all night.

Page 10 of 19 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 18 19 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter