Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 260 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Pearl8520, chuusu, Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty
30714 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30714 Members
76 Forums
19383 Topics
186934 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 8 of 19 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 18 19 >
Topic Options
#189472 - 04/27/09 08:17 PM Re: Tired/Exhausted [Re: Simsane]
Arthur Administrator Offline
Lead Designer

Loc: San Francisco
I will review the energy level management, and likely tweak this for an upcoming update.

#189492 - 04/27/09 08:36 PM Re: Tired/Exhausted [Re: Arthur]
Simsane Offline
Master

Loc: Washington State
Thank you, Arthur. I imagine it must be difficult to try to make it so there's a good balance. I have actually tried to make sure that my little guys play and just relax often throughout the day. I have bought all organic foods to see if that helped and have also tried vitamins. I praised them when they are exercising, thinking that if they are physically fit they will have more energy.

But when I really would like to play (often the evenings) they are so tired or exhausted no matter what I do.

Also, in my first family their kids are grown and gone and I have yet to see the item needed to repair the hose; which, since I haven't done that, it prevents me from being able to repair other things as well. I really do feel that the store should restock more frequently -- at least some of the items in the store anyway. wink

#189580 - 04/28/09 12:13 AM Re: Tired/Exhausted [Re: Simsane]
Arthur Administrator Offline
Lead Designer

Loc: San Francisco
I am likely to put in something to keep them a bit refreshed during the day. In testing, when we overdid this they would not sit still even for a moment at night. It IS a challenge to balance. smile

One thing to keep in mind, though: if you are like me and train at least one to be a work-a-holic, that one will be exhausted often. Frequent naps help. That's working as intended and is just like real life, isn't it...

Edited by Arthur (04/28/09 12:13 AM)

#189601 - 04/28/09 01:08 AM Re: Tired/Exhausted [Re: Arthur]
Simsane Offline
Master

Loc: Washington State
Well, my favorite family is my very first family and, unfortunately, the husband just died and the mother's only dislike was "solitude" so I had to have the grown daughter move in because I couldn't manage to get the mother happy again.

But they were both workaholics somewhat. They are also the ones that I tried so hard to praise them for exercising -- no matter what type of exercising they were doing. I did notice that, over time, they seemed to balance out somewhat at least. I also learned that they seem to get more "quality" sleep if they can use the hammock, but if it's raining they can't of course.

I think I understand what you guys were trying to do when it comes to their energy level -- where if they work hard they tire more easily, if they eat properly they have more energy, etc. And too be honest with you, as frustrating as it is for me as a player, I can see that there must be a TON of variables to that coding and it must be really difficult to find the "perfect" balance.

To make sure you realize that I also see the "good" things that you guys have done with this game.

I love that when they find a collectible, whether new or not, you can move them as soon as they have picked it up and they don't lose it. Same with emptying the garbage.

I find it amazing and amusing that there are so many interations! Brushing hair and teeth. Flossing. Putting on deodorant. Washing and drying their hair. Doing laundry. Straightening the closet. Dusting the furniture. Cleaning the nightstand. Fixing the router and the computers. Cooking, eating, cleaning up after a meal and doing the dishes. Oh, and let's not forget turning the stove and television off.

Jumping on beds, writing on walls, rolling and playing in the dirt, poking the plants, playing board games, studying and doing homework.

The list just goes on and on -- I loved the VV games, but you guys "OUTDID" yourselves on this one! I thank you all!

#189606 - 04/28/09 01:48 AM Re: Tired/Exhausted [Re: Vicki S]
CoCo4u Offline

I think you need to keep praising them when it says they are "going to bed". Maybe that'll make them go to bed when ever you turn off the game.

#189672 - 04/28/09 05:05 AM Re: Tired/Exhausted [Re: Vicki S]
VV Newbie Offline

I can't get ANY of my peeps to go to bed! I am tired and I want to go to bed but I don't want to leave them up all nite! They are all "A little bit weak".

When you talk about shutting down for the nite are you talking about putting the game on pause or just quitting?

I feel like I have SOOO many questions! smile

#189673 - 04/28/09 05:07 AM Re: Tired/Exhausted [Re: CoCo4u]
LauraW Offline

I have tried it all..praising them when they go to bed, quitting the game after getting them to sleep at night...even the stuff to make them sleepy. But nothing seems to work. I finally started over and was doing fine until I quit for the night. I went back and found them exhausted, unable to stay in bed. I imagine that I will have to toss that family too. I loved the other games but am very disappointed in this one. I am sorry..its a great concept, but it makes the game unplayable for me. What was fun about the others is that I could leave it running in the background while I worked on other things and come back to see what happened. Now I have to constantly micromanage them to keep them rested. I hope the changes help.

#189674 - 04/28/09 05:10 AM Re: Tired/Exhausted [Re: CoCo4u]
VV Newbie Offline

Originally Posted By: CoCo4u
I think you need to keep praising them when it says they are "going to bed". Maybe that'll make them go to bed when ever you turn off the game.

I would but I can't get them there! hahaha

And when you turn off the game do you mean put it on pause?

#189677 - 04/28/09 05:20 AM Re: Tired/Exhausted [Re: VV Newbie]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
When I turn off my game I just exit the program, I don't pause the game. Then I leave it alone for a MINIMUM of 6-8 hours. (i.e. I don't open it again to check what they are doing...I just leave it closed.) I always make sure that I leave plenty of food for them first. My people are always elated when I open the game (usually the next morning) and aren't exhausted until really late at night (real time)
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#189678 - 04/28/09 05:22 AM Re: Tired/Exhausted [Re: Xay]
VV Newbie Offline

Thanks.

Just checked them. I have 2 watching tv but its not on! lol! Guess they must be really tired!

Edited by VV Newbie (04/28/09 05:23 AM)

Page 8 of 19 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 18 19 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter