Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 289 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
chuusu, Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12
30713 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30713 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#181640 - 01/15/09 05:17 PM Re: iPod touch problem [Re: kesali]
terra Offline

This has happened to me twice. The first time I thought that I may have done something to reset the game, but after it happened the second time I'm sure that I didn't do anything. This used to be my favorite game, but now the thought of starting all over again makes me sad. I am using the iPhone 3G. I didn't mess around with the time settings.

Another problem that I have been having is that sometimes the game doesn't save. When this happens it doesn't reset the entire game, it just goes back to the point I was at previously.

Terra

#181666 - 01/16/09 04:21 PM Re: iPod touch problem [Re: kesali]
Mudshark Offline

The only way I have found to prevent this is to backup your phone. It will backup Fish Tycoon data, so that if your game resets, you can recover it with a backup restore.

#181979 - 01/21/09 06:05 AM Re: iPod touch problem [Re: Mudshark]
levandup Offline

It happened again after 3 weeks of playing real time (no messing with the time). This is getting real old. Please fix asap.

The only saving grace is that I did a backup last night and did a backup restore and got it all back but a few hours. Thank you so much Mudshark for the helpful hint. It saved me wanting to just junk this app.

#182265 - 01/25/09 05:07 AM Re: iPod touch problem [Re: levandup]
Krissykay8 Offline

Loc: Indiana
Please forgive me for sounding stupid, but I am new to my Iphone and I don't know how to back it up? (usb from phone to desktop??)

#182323 - 01/26/09 04:27 AM Re: iPod touch problem [Re: kesali]
Krissykay8 Offline

Loc: Indiana
I have fiddled with the time, but I have done that since day 1 and I have been playing for at least 6 weeks with no problem. Why does the time changing mess with the your game? I would do it and then not do it, but it worked just fine and then it restarted 3 times in 3 days. I was super bummed. But I have now downloaded plant tycoon to my desk top. It is fun!! smile

#182343 - 01/26/09 01:54 PM Re: iPod touch problem [Re: Krissykay8]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Our games have at their core a real-time engine that uses your device's system clock to determine everything that happens in the game. Many people like to change the clock to speed up the game, but it will usually cause problems for both the game and the computer at some point. The clock in a computer (and iPhones and iPods are computers) is used by every application and important system function, as well, and it's simply not wise to continually adjust the clock simply to make a game go faster.

#182711 - 01/31/09 05:37 AM Re: iPod touch problem [Re: kesali]
Norach Offline

I have an iPhone 3g and the game just restarted for the 4th time! I have not changed thd time on my phone at all. It has happened every time less than 12 hrs after completing all research for env and food. I've reinstalled twice, at this point I'm ready to give up and ask for a refund. As for iTunes rating, I will happily give this app 5 stars once this bug is fixed.

#183020 - 02/03/09 09:56 PM Re: iPod touch problem [Re: LadyCFII]
ednil Offline

Wow - you can't reproduce it? I can't get it to STOP happening. I've basically had to stop playing the game on my 1st gen iPhone because it happens every time I play (after 1 to 2 weeks of daily play). I never mess with the time. I just stop playing, do something else, and when i come back, everything i had is gone and the game starts at the tutorial again.

the only reason i keep playing is that my kid likes to look at the fish on my iphone.

if you want to have my MANY crash logs, i'd be happy to send them to you.

it's really a drag to lose all your data. I know it's a game, but it's really un-good.

-p_

#183235 - 02/07/09 05:25 AM Re: iPod touch problem [Re: kesali]
bebop Offline

Hi all,

Just reporting that the game has also reset twice for me. One time when we had created two magic fish, and another time when we had 4 magic fish. It just seemed totally random. We went back to access the game after being at the main iPhone screen, and instead of being in the tank like usual, we were back at the Menu Screen. Pressing 'Play' resulted in us entering the game back at the beginning with the tutorial messages being displayed.

The iPhone time was not changed at all, and there was plenty of space left on the iPhone. The firmware version is 2.2.

This is a really great game, but this flaw is extremely frustrating. It appears it is causing a number of customers significant grief.

Hopefully there will be a patch released soon.

Kind regards

#183284 - 02/08/09 06:14 AM Re: iPod touch problem [Re: bebop]
bebop Offline

Update: it just reset again last night.
Was playing the game and got an sms text message. A prompt appeared and I selected to view the text message. Upon returning to fish tycoon it had unfortunately reset.

I am assuming that if the game exits abruptly it doesn't save it's state properly.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter