Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
1 registered (GAmethyst), 92 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 6 of 12 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12 >
Topic Options
#17842 - 03/08/06 10:42 AM Re: Fish Tracker
TheVillageIdiot Offline
Sage

Loc: Island of Isola
Quote:

I was wondering if anyone has been having problems with the fish not being alphabatized correctly? I've been noticing that every now and then when I enter some fish it gets shifted into the middle of another group...if anyone has found a fix for this please let me know

This program has been very helpful, and has made breeding fish more fun for me...thanks!

I have not had this problem. You do know that you can sort your fish by any column, right? The program defaults to the very first column be sorted (FinType). By clicking on any of the column headings will resort your list in alphabetical order for that column. So if I want to sort by body I just click on the “Body” column and presto, my list is not listed by alphabetical order for all my fish body. You can do the same for price, Parent1body ect.

#17843 - 03/08/06 05:41 PM Re: Fish Tracker
belleebutton Offline
Trainee

This is definitely a great program! Thanks so much for making it available to us. I was stumped on how to keep track and this is perfect.

#17844 - 03/09/06 06:28 AM Re: Fish Tracker
Livven Offline

I'm sorry I think I was unclear about what problem I was having. I'm having no problems with each line being alphabetical, but when I find the same fish for instance Speckled Goldbulb, I try to keep tabs on how many different ways to breed that fish. So, when I hit fin type to organize alphabetically everything is great, but when I look at the body tab it's hard to decipher how many of those fish I have found since in this case goldbulb is placed randomly throughout the body tab.

ack...hope that made more sense.

#17845 - 03/09/06 10:23 AM Re: Fish Tracker
TheVillageIdiot Offline
Sage

Loc: Island of Isola
Quote:

I'm sorry I think I was unclear about what problem I was having. I'm having no problems with each line being alphabetical, but when I find the same fish for instance Speckled Goldbulb, I try to keep tabs on how many different ways to breed that fish. So, when I hit fin type to organize alphabetically everything is great, but when I look at the body tab it's hard to decipher how many of those fish I have found since in this case goldbulb is placed randomly throughout the body tab.

ack...hope that made more sense.

Ok, gotcha. Here is what you need to do. In the Query entry line put this in:
FINTYPE=CANARY AND BODY=GOLDSHARK

Using this in the query box will only show the fishes that have a fin type of canary and body of a gold shark. I think this will give you what you are looking for.

Make sure what you are typing in the query filed is capitalized, or it will not work. You can do the same thing with parent1fintype, parent1body, parent2fintype and parent2body and add as many as you like.

Using this feature makes this a very powerful tool.

Let us know how it works out, ok?

#17846 - 03/10/06 03:50 AM Re: Fish Tracker
Livven Offline

Thanks so much! That answered my question, and more. I hadn't taken advantage of the query function before, so now I have more work to do~ Off to find more fishies

#17847 - 04/05/06 07:24 PM Re: Fish Tracker
art2d2 Offline

I got 273 but no program or keeping track just going 4 it
HA Ha

#17848 - 04/06/06 09:33 PM Re: Fish Tracker
Mavorick Offline

Loc: USA, CA
Sounds sweet, count me in!

#17849 - 04/06/06 09:42 PM Re: Fish Tracker
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
The program is available for download in this post, which is located in the Fish Tycoon Guide section of the forums.

#17850 - 04/11/06 01:49 AM Re: Fish Tracker
mwparker Offline

i have been working on taking pictures of each fish, and its cross breeds, and fin types (this is turning out to be a major undertaking) my whole ideal about doin this was to be able to build a website with pictures, and links for each breed, and sub species of the above... if anyone would like to help out with this undertaking feel free to PM me here or email me at mwparker29_70@yahoo.com any help would be great.. by the way how many body types, and fin types , and basic breeds are there?? i know that there are over 400 plus species, wich would equal to a huge website with pictures, and would make a fun and interesting place to look up breeds....

#17851 - 05/03/06 04:33 AM Re: Fish Tracker
catfish Offline

i've started much in the same way, made screenshots of all breads, some have 3 screenshots as i found out the same fish can come from different parents, which makes it all a bit confusing..i've found the magic fish without problems, quite early in the game, without the unknown chemical btw, and have found (only) 175 types of fish sofar, and i am running out of ideas for breeding ;-) i've used the chemical now and found about 20 breads with it...tiger fin is my latest discovery...

Page 6 of 12 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter