Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 284 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
chuusu, Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12
30713 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30713 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 5 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12 >
Topic Options
#17832 - 02/12/06 04:19 PM Re: Fish Tracker
Celebane Offline

Quote:

With any tracking software/program/spreadsheet for FT you're going to have a "learning curve" period where you'll have to constantly be switching to enter new data.

Like JustAGirl said, starting out with the tracker is the least productive because you're constantly adding new fish to it. But the more you use it the less you have to add and you can quickly start using it to look up things like have I crossed a silky with a tiger before or have I crossed a beta with a fruitfish. The true power of the program really shines in the query feature because it lets you search across multiple columns at the same time. So you can not only see all the ways to make a Silky Beta but also all the combinations you've tried with a particular fin, body or both. A simple list of all the fish you have found is a very easy printout to do and I can put that into the program immediatly. Where it gets tricky is doing a printout based on the fish you have bred which I'm still working on.

#17833 - 02/18/06 05:13 PM Re: Fish Tracker
baileyl03 Offline

That would be cool. I use print screen and keep pictures of each of the species information card that comes up, pretty cumbersome, I would be interested. thanks

#17834 - 02/25/06 01:03 AM Re: Fish Tracker
egustafson Offline
Trainee

I have devised a matrix and diagonalized it. The breeding actually follows a very regular pattern for all fish and for all fins. By simply following the row and column to where they meet you can find out what fish and fin each combination will make. The cool aspect of this is that the fins and the fish-bodies are completely independent of one another.
From this, I devised a chart with fins in the columns and bodies in the rows. when placed in the proper order, the fish breed that results is exactly halfway between the two parent breeds. for a copy of this spreadsheet, email egustafs@purdue.edu

#17835 - 02/25/06 01:07 AM Re: Fish Tracker
egustafson Offline
Trainee

Additionally, I have come up with a combination of 41 specific fish through which you can make any breed in one single incubation. I keep these fish in my tanks 1 and2 and do my breeding in tank 3. If you'd like a list of these 41 breeds email egustafs@purdue.edu

#17836 - 02/25/06 02:32 AM Re: Fish Tracker
baileyl03 Offline

Thanks! I am using your program, found it very easy to use and very helpful. Appreciate you making it available to us all.

#17837 - 02/25/06 02:43 AM Fish Tracker Problem
YaelleG Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Baltimore
Anyone know what to do? I clicked to open my fish tracker program and all the details I had input were gone! It even asked me to unzip the files again, just like the 1st time I had used it. Advice? Luckily, I had about 80% of my fish recipes written down, but for that other 20%....grr. (Good thing I dont have a real job)

#17838 - 02/25/06 11:24 AM Re: Fish Tracker Problem
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
The author of the program (Celebane) offered some help for that situation earlier in this thread - back about one page from here.

#17839 - 02/28/06 01:27 PM Re: Fish Tracker Problem
Celebane Offline

Quote:

I clicked to open my fish tracker program and all the details I had input were gone! It even asked me to unzip the files again, just like the 1st time I had used it. Advice? Luckily, I had about 80% of my fish recipes written down, but for that other 20%....grr. (Good thing I dont have a real job)

It appears that you clicked on the zip file which you downloaded instead of the applications executable file. That is the only way that it would have prompted you to unzip again.

#17840 - 03/02/06 02:16 PM Re: Fish Tracker
TheVillageIdiot Offline
Sage

Loc: Island of Isola
This is a cool program, and I use it along with a spreadsheet. (I like using a spreadsheet only to quickly find out what fish/fin type I have not bread together). Is there a way to print this table? That would be handy, as my list of fish is getting pretty long.

Thanks!

#17841 - 03/08/06 06:08 AM Re: Fish Tracker
Livven Offline

I was wondering if anyone has been having problems with the fish not being alphabatized correctly? I've been noticing that every now and then when I enter some fish it gets shifted into the middle of another group...if anyone has found a fix for this please let me know

This program has been very helpful, and has made breeding fish more fun for me...thanks!

Page 5 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter