Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 284 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
chuusu, Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12
30713 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30713 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 4 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 12 >
Topic Options
#17822 - 02/08/06 09:13 PM Re: Fish Tracker
forestsrgreat Offline

Great program! Thanks for taking the time to put it together and then sharing it with all of us!

I am having a problem though... I can't print the list. I've checked my printer, everything is fine and it prints from other programs. Any ideas?

#17823 - 02/08/06 10:27 PM Re: Fish Tracker
Celebane Offline

Umm... I didn't put a print feature into it as I figured that it wouldn't be useful to many since you can't search/sort/query a printed copy which is the main focus of the program. I'll put it up to a vote. If enough people would like to be able to print the lists/combinations I'll put it in.

#17824 - 02/08/06 11:09 PM Re: Fish Tracker
forestsrgreat Offline

Cheers! I get so hopelessly lost sometimes... it would be sooooo much easier (for me anyway) to be able to look at a printout while I'm playing. Maybe I'm just a little "old school" and sometimes I need actual paper in my hands.

Thanks for responding so quickly!

#17825 - 02/09/06 02:06 AM Re: Fish Tracker
Moans33 Offline

Loc: DeLand, FL
I started this game one Saturday afternoon just for fun and now I am hooked. It took me several tanks to realize I am an over-feeder. I am actually learning so much from all of you! Many thanks. Any tracking systems would be awesome. My 2 year old son loves to see the babies. You guys are so much further along than me. I have had the game a week and I am slowly plugging along. Do you guys use real time? I work 10 hour days and by the time I come home I have dead babies. Much Luck! MOANS

#17826 - 02/09/06 03:01 AM Re: Fish Tracker
sfrose Offline
Senior Uber-Member

If you are going to be away for extended time you should put the game on 1/2 speed (and if for areally long time, then stop time.)

I will usually have the game on 1/2 speed or 2x speed depnding on how often I can check on things.

Isola is a magic island! All sorts of strange things can happen, and often do happen. -- arnie

#17827 - 02/09/06 09:19 PM Re: Fish Tracker
Moans33 Offline

Loc: DeLand, FL
THANKS. I will give it a shot. I am glad that I finally got another magic fish and I am breeding it with another one like it to get money for now. I am so excited to continue seeing all of the progess that you all have made. I never new it could be this BIG.

#17828 - 02/11/06 12:21 PM Re: Fish Tracker
BrerRabbit Offline

Hello, I downloaded this program. It worked well and I had the list filled up with all my fish in my tanks and everything. When I was done playing with my fishies, I closed the program using the exit button. The next time I wanted to play with my fish again, when I opened up the fish tracker all the information I had typed in there was gone. What did I do wrong? How can I make it save the info I put in about my types of fish? Help!!

#17829 - 02/11/06 03:28 PM Re: Fish Tracker
Celebane Offline

There are a couple of things that could cause this to happen. The program creates a few TPS files which is where the data is stored.

1. If these files got deleted then the program would create new ones.
2. If you run the program from a different location than you previously ran it new TPS files would be created in the new location.
3. If you re-unzipped the program from the downloaded zip file the files may have gotten overwritten with new ones.

If anyone else using the program has had anything like this happen please let me know.

#17830 - 02/12/06 10:28 AM Re: Fish Tracker
forestsrgreat Offline

I've given up on using the tracker. I can't remember which fish I have entered while I'm playing the game. This is why I was trying to print the list I had already entered. I'll start over and make my own list in Excel that I can print. If I have to keep going from FT to the database every five minutes, what's the point? The reason I thought a printout would be helpful is that I could look at a piece of paper while I'm in the game and it would show me which fish I had already found... those that I haven't I would simply make a note of and enter in the database later, printing a hard copy after entering a certain amount of new names.

Thanks for taking the time to share the software, but until a print function is added on I won't be using it anymore.

#17831 - 02/12/06 11:01 AM Re: Fish Tracker
JustAGirl Offline
Master

Loc: New York
Quote:

If I have to keep going from FT to the database every five minutes, what's the point?

Thanks for taking the time to share the software, but until a print function is added on I won't be using it anymore.

With any tracking software/program/spreadsheet for FT you're going to have a "learning curve" period where you'll have to constantly be switching to enter new data. Being a paper-in-hand girl myself, might I suggest jotting down on scrap paper your fishies info and then when you're done playing and have a few minutes you can enter it then? After a while you'll have to do this less and less as you'll have more and more species tracked already.

As for the print function, I can see that being an issue and wanting to have your data already entered right in front of you is definitely reasonable. I haven't read all the posts here so I don't know if that has been suggested yet, but I'm sure the author of the program or one of the LDW people would be happy to look into adding that feature and you can just use a work-around until then..?

Best of luck with your fishie tracking in any case!

Page 4 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 12 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter