Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 289 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
chuusu, Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12
30713 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30713 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#161522 - 07/05/08 01:23 AM Re: The Society for Perpetuation of Villager Cruelty. [Re: colourmehappy]
Lurkily Offline
Guru

Loc: Right behind you.
Why torture you, TKD? I'll just put you to work in the salt mines. Might as well get some work out of you before you die.

Originally Posted By: colourmehappy
Villagers have rights! I for one would make laws to safe guard the rights of a villager. They have a voice and should have a referendum, on what is voted in as law. \:\) \:\) \:\)
I gave a villager a voice once. Let me tell you how that went.

ME: Hey, could you do some farming please?
Villager: Uh-uh.
ME: Well, look, we're really low on food and I'm trying to put your interests first. If you don't harvest some food, you're going to starve.
Villager: Uh-uh.
ME: But surely you must see that . . . uh . . . where are you going?
Villager: <Kissy sound, walks into a hut with another villager>
ME: Okay, if you're QUITE finished, you're still in imminent danger of --
Villager: <Kissy sound, walks into the hut with that same villager>
ME: Are you done? Listen, here's the NEW deal. If you don't get over there and harvest some fruit, you're going to be up to your eyebrows in orchid-potions, and when one of them blows up, well, I won't be responsible for what happens.
Villager: <Kissy sound - plucked away and locked in the alchemy lab>

Look, I understand that some in the SPCV are younger people who take their villagers as seriously as my niece took her dolls -- which each had a favorite flavor of tea for the tea parties, names, birthdays to remember, some dolls didn't like other dolls, and couldn't come to the same tea parties. And I seriously don't mean to anger you guys.

On the other hand, it's a game, and these 'villagers' are the outcome of programming and mathematics represented visually; no more sentient, and not as pretty as a fractal image generator. Let's try not to take this too seriously, and laugh where we can laugh?

Life has enough injustices to make me cry; let's not make them up where they don't exist.

#161528 - 07/05/08 01:53 AM Re: The Society for Perpetuation of Villager Cruelty. [Re: Lurkily]
SpecialPrincess Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: the Midwest, USA
LOL, Lurkily!!! \:D \:D \:D Your 'poor' villager!! \:D \:D

Quote:
Life has enough injustices to make me cry; let's not make them up where they don't exist.

Very well said! That's what I've been privately feeling myself.

#161533 - 07/05/08 03:27 AM Re: The Society for Perpetuation of Villager Cruelty. [Re: Lurkily]
Rockmower Moderator Offline
Master Poet

Loc: The Beautiful Ozarks
Wellll, STRICTLY speaking, locking a villager in the alchemy lab to help prevent village starvation, is not a violation of SPCV policies. Neither is "forcing" a villager to learn farming in an effort to prevent starvation of the tribe.

This is, after all, no worse than locking away a bad person who has committed a crime in our civilization. We never said you couldn't "punish" certain bad behaviors, as long as it isn't capital punishment.

In the immortal words of Mr. Spock: "The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few."

Sounds to me, that at heart you may have the makings of and SPCV member after all!

Avvie by Airstream Raider
Where have all the Fan Fiction Fans gone?
(I miss Laurence cry)
I miss my wife cry

#161535 - 07/05/08 03:55 AM Re: The Society for Perpetuation of Villager Cruelty. [Re: Rockmower]
isla Offline
Consigliere

Originally Posted By: Rockmower
Sounds to me, that at heart you may have the makings of and SPCV member after all!

Sounds to me, that at heart Rockmower may have the makings of an SPVC member after all!

#161537 - 07/05/08 04:12 AM Re: The Society for Perpetuation of Villager Cruelty. [Re: isla]
Krystal Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: The 'Merica
Ahem, I also have a pertinent (sp?) quote. It's far less impressive, but I post none the less.

"With great power comes great responsibility."
I think that the power to decide if a villager lives or dies is a pretty great power...

#161541 - 07/05/08 04:20 AM Re: The Society for Perpetuation of Villager Cruelty. [Re: Krystal]
SpecialPrincess Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: the Midwest, USA
"The Guiding hand is supreme." That's my quote. And that's why I'm an unofficial supporter of the SPVC. 8\)

Edited by SpecialPrincess (07/05/08 04:23 AM)

#161544 - 07/05/08 04:46 AM Re: The Society for Perpetuation of Villager Cruelty. [Re: Rockmower]
Lurkily Offline
Guru

Originally Posted By: Rockmower
Wellll, STRICTLY speaking, locking a villager in the alchemy lab to help prevent village starvation, is not a violation of SPCV policies. Neither is "forcing" a villager to learn farming in an effort to prevent starvation of the tribe.
You missed the other part.
Originally Posted By: Lurker
you're going to be up to your eyebrows in orchid-potions, and when one of them blows up . . .
Remember what orchid-orchid-orchid does? Furthermore, remember what alchemy explosions do to very weakened villagers? I think the roster lists it as 'work accident' . . .

#161545 - 07/05/08 04:50 AM Re: The Society for Perpetuation of Villager Cruel [Re: Lurkily]
Lurkily Offline
Guru

Announcement! The SPCV sig image is complete! It's a little low-res, due to size limitations (240 wide when most monitors handle 400 wide fine? Rrrrrrrr.)

I present to you . . .

You can get this beaut at:
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff9/Lurkily/SPVC.jpg

Some refinements may be made; for instance, it could look to some like the chief is pushing, not directing. When this is done, I'll replace the old image so it'll automatically be used; there may be a momentary downtime, as I delete one image to upload the next.

Edit:
Originally Posted By: Krystal
A-he-hem... Sorry to burst your bubble, but those smileys aren't going to work in your siggies....
Originally Posted By: LadyCFII in the Forum Rules and Posting Guidelines
a single, non-animated image will be allowed in user signatures . . .
Happy now? Look what you made me go and do.

Edit 2:
Originally Posted By: Mystery Man
In short, I wish to ask you this: Where is the SPVC in your signature?"
And you. Are YOU happy?

Edited by Lurkily (07/05/08 05:50 AM)

#161548 - 07/05/08 05:11 AM Re: The Society for Perpetuation of Villager Cruel [Re: Lurkily]
Bowl Wheeevil Offline
Guru

Loc: Somewhere.
LOL LURKILY!!! I love it! \:D
And you usually do stuff on your own. \:\/
Those poor, workin' villagers. \:D

#161551 - 07/05/08 05:18 AM Re: The Society for Perpetuation of Villager Cruel [Re: Bowl Wheeevil]
Tuna Puzzler Offline
Consigliere

Loc: CA, USA
I see a slacker!

Why is that villager just sitting there???

Or is he clutching his little pixel heart because he's been worked to the point of dropping from exhaustion?

Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter