This topic is quite interesting to me, as I decided to rename all my villagers in VV1 so I would know what their jobs were. The farmers were all named after various things to eat--including game animals, then later landscaping materials & plants. The researchers were named after office equipment & research supplies, and builders were named after...you guessed it! carpentry tools and supplies. Some of the names popping up now remind me of those villagers.

What got us started was Tuna being a good farmer! So we added Kahd, Sammon, Eel, then Elki, Mooci, Boui (for Caribou), Haam, Yaki, Stahr (starfish--okay, you can't eat it, but it was a "fish" of sorts!), and Chikn.

Our Builders were: Hamur, Wuud, Nael, Weelbarul,Shuvl,Levul, Mortur, Laddur, Skaffuld, Brik, Plane, etc.

Our Researchers were: Offus, Pyn, Ink, Papur, Ruler, PeeCee, Chayr, Tabl, Kubikle, Beakur

Doctors were Herb (which came with the game), Penicillin, Dr Pepr, Syringe...I don't remember any more. VV1 was quite a while back, and I'm having a senior moment. My kids are having to help me here!

We finally gave up renaming everyone when it just got too tedious, but when we have a new villager that looks like one of the originals, the kids will say, "Hey, that looks just like Moosi, or Elki". [Our Elki was the REALLY UGLY one]

I have to confess that WEWE had me a bit nonplussed. I finally convinced myself that it was pronounced "Whewie", and went on my way!

One last set of names: We had a runner named Noposi. We changed it to Nopoki. When we had lazy ones, they were Slopoki and Nodu.

You can see we are all eccentric crackpots here at our house, and it's contagious--the kids are getting that way too!

Edited by bloomin' idiot (06/04/08 04:26 AM)