Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 335 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
chuusu, Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12
30713 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30713 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 8 of 20 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 19 20 >
Topic Options
#143493 - 05/14/08 02:06 AM Re: VV2 Genetics Guide: Which parents make which child [Re: spitfyre13]
Starhawk Offline

@spitfyre13

When I breed two like numbers, you see what happens above sometimes, an exception. Usually however I get the same kid over and over. In the case of my breeding of 6's I got almost all 6 boys. I didn't even count all the other's that weren't 6's. 3/4 of my tribe were dark haired by that time, but I got extremely lucky with 26 females and 16 females. Then I got the best exceptions possible which was the 30 males, and just recently the 30 female. The problem with the 30's is I haven't been able to recreate them deliberately, so far...

@lloydbug

I just found out yesterday that you could kill your villagers. I thought about this about a week ago that there should be something in there to do that, but I didn't find anything. I had a very nasty villager with NO parenting skills going around and making babies behind my back. I tried to make him sick so he'd die but that doesn't seem to work. I had to trap him in one of those sticky spots so he couldn't do anything. He spent about 40 years there until he died.

#144121 - 05/15/08 02:45 AM Re: SPOILERS! Genetics: Which parents make which child [Re: Complexity]
kelbek Offline
Trainee

Loc: Ontario, Canada
I hope I am doing this right. I am trying to include a picture of Aziza, who is an exception. Mother, Huma, is a 26, and dad, Amago is a 14. Aziza ia a 4. I hope this is right. Very interesting. So far, I have also bred a man and woman (both 27) and got a 29 boy. This in my quest to get a 30 girl, who was my very first child in VV1.

Thanks for all your hard work!

kelbek

Attachments
4072-Aziza(4).jpg

#144217 - 05/15/08 05:48 AM Re: SPOILERS! Genetics: Which parents make which child [Re: kelbek]
Lovelychunks Offline
Expert

what if the avg number is 29.5 what are the posibiltys?

#144339 - 05/15/08 12:46 PM Re: SPOILERS! Genetics: Which parents make which child [Re: Lovelychunks]
Starhawk Offline

@Lovelychunks

Most likely a 28, 29, or 30. IMO though, that's a good chance for an exception.

#149943 - 05/24/08 04:18 AM Re: VV2 Genetics Guide: Which parents make which child [Re: Akamu]
CaliforniaCali Offline
Trainee

Ugh! So this must be why my 3f and 16m keep giving me these ugly little 8m's!

Why can't they just give me a 9m or 10f/m!?

Meet Topaz. Topaz hates herbs. Topaz keeps going over to the herb and then running away. This is not smart, Topaz!

"Toki's Troubles" part of my TLC series coming soon!

#149965 - 05/24/08 05:19 AM Re: VV2 Genetics Guide: Which parents make which child [Re: CaliforniaCali]
isla Offline
Consigliere

I LOVE this thread. In VV2, I was breeding the blondes together, the redheads separately, and then the dark haired ones. I love the women with long straight hair or the curls. Now I know what to do with my future games. BTW, in VV3 when I mated two blondes and got a black haired child and asked if it was a _bug_, this was LadyCFII's response: "That's a normal occurrence for Virtual Villagers, ever since inherited appearance was introduced in VV2. Occasionally you will get an "unexpected" result. That is welcomed by people who don't want to see certain traits vanish from the tribe, and is disliked by people who are trying, for example, to achieve an all-blonde tribe."

#149972 - 05/24/08 06:08 AM Re: VV2 Genetics Guide: Which parents make which child [Re: isla]
chalyse Offline

awesome work; i also bought the game for the breeding interest, but got lost in trying to track the patterns - kudos! any chance you will do this for VV3?

also, a sub-interest of mine is whether there is a pattern to the inheritance of the child's interests and dislikes. i would loooove to have a whole tribe of 'runners' for example, but have no clue how to try to breed for a preference trait.

Edited by chalyse (05/24/08 06:09 AM)

#149976 - 05/24/08 06:23 AM Re: VV2 Genetics Guide: Which parents make which child [Re: chalyse]
CaliforniaCali Offline
Trainee

Originally Posted By: chalyse
awesome work; i also bought the game for the breeding interest, but got lost in trying to track the patterns - kudos! any chance you will do this for VV3?

also, a sub-interest of mine is whether there is a pattern to the inheritance of the child's interests and dislikes. i would loooove to have a whole tribe of 'runners' for example, but have no clue how to try to breed for a preference trait.

I think we'd all love a tribe of runners :P But I don't think that algorithm has been cracked yet \:\(

Meet Topaz. Topaz hates herbs. Topaz keeps going over to the herb and then running away. This is not smart, Topaz!

"Toki's Troubles" part of my TLC series coming soon!

#150206 - 05/24/08 08:24 PM Re: VV2 Genetics Guide: Which parents make which child [Re: CaliforniaCali]
CaveDweller Offline
Expert

Loc: New York Burbs
After playing VV games for a couple years, I just found this thread too. I find it fascinating from a math/genetics stand, yet also somewhat disturbing from a "master race" viewpoint. I know they're only pixels, but just the idea of breeding for blondes (or whatever) is unnerving. (Maybe I shouldn't say anything, I've been known more than once to knock off an annoying villager with poisionous stew and have also tried to unsuccessfully to breed for runners.)

By the way, in order to up your odds for the preferred traits, have you tried simply deleting a game you just started if you didn't like who you got to start your tribe? If you keep trying new tribes enough, I would think you would increase your chances of getting the "good" genes for your breeding program.

#150327 - 05/25/08 01:54 AM Re: VV2 Genetics Guide: Which parents make which child [Re: Akamu]
VVMeggie Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: In The Basement
Anyone know what 18 and 22 make?

www.virtualvillagerstories.blogspot.com

Visit My Forums
www.storiesanddrawings.chocoforum.net

Page 8 of 20 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 19 20 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter