Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 240 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Pearl8520, chuusu, Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty
30714 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30714 Members
76 Forums
19383 Topics
186937 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 6 of 35 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 34 35 >
Topic Options
#146557 - 05/18/08 01:59 AM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: isla]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
That's something that we're looking at.

#146566 - 05/18/08 02:08 AM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: LadyCFII]
lloydbug Offline
Adviser

Loc: Seattle, WA
My chief will not direct repair of the huts once all of the puzzles have been completed. I don't know if it's intentional, but it prevents the chief from becoming a jack of all trades once the puzzles have been completed.

#146583 - 05/18/08 02:29 AM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: lloydbug]
Unicorn

It's not intended for the chief to become the JoaT. The chief has other functions in the game, and fixing huts is an individual activity for the builders.

#146641 - 05/18/08 03:45 AM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: isla]
Jami Offline
Master

Loc: California
Okay, for the first time ever I'm trying to run two tribes at once. So I can have a nature one and a magic one. I waited until nature was established enough that they have lots of food so I can safely "ignore" them. Whenever I switch back to check on them, it says a new hut has been finished, but it really hasn't. It's still only at 41% - and when I switch back to the new tribe it seems they haven't made any progress at anything.

www.jamisings.com

#146642 - 05/18/08 03:50 AM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: Jami]
Unicorn

We're looking into that issue.

#146674 - 05/18/08 04:35 AM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: LadyCFII]
kkbodine Offline

Loc: Washington State
I bought level 2 chose nature and my majic plant didn't appear. Since I don't have the option to choose majic now am I without my majic plant the whole game? Is there a patch for this somewhere and has anyone else had this problem? Thanks for your help in advance \:\)

#146691 - 05/18/08 04:54 AM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: kkbodine]
Unicorn

You are probably just missing where the plant is. The plants are not magic, they are just special herbs that appear with level 2 of your chosen faction. You can look in the VV3 Guides for a map that shows the herb locations.

#146702 - 05/18/08 05:10 AM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: lloydbug]
lloydbug Offline
Adviser

Loc: Seattle, WA

I understand that it's not the chief's function to build huts, but if I drag him to an unfinished hut, he directs work. I feel that this keeps the villagers more on task than if he weren't there helping them. However, once the huts are complete he no longer directs work on construction. I have to drag my villagers to fix the hut over and over and over again before they it sticks. Maybe the directing work is a perceived advantage on my part but I could swear that they work more efficiently when he helps them.

#146710 - 05/18/08 05:23 AM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: isla]
mmaxe01 Offline

I don't think time is passing correctly on my game - and I absolutely, positively have not in any way 'altered' time on my computer. I leave them on 'fast' mode (plenty of food now) and they are working at the 2nd hut. ALL of them - yet when I come back, they're still at the same percentage completion I left them at. They don't seem to DO anything when the game is 'closed' - as soon as I open the game again, they all start 'building a hut'.

I thought there was a problem also when I was working them at the research table - they didn't make a lot of progress, it seemed. But I kept the game open all morning and they finally got enough tech points to move up on the nature tract.

Please advise. I read the 'faq' sections about potential issues and it seems to imply that it's typically related to altering the clock on your computer - but I haven't, honest.

Thanks.

#146733 - 05/18/08 06:56 AM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: mmaxe01]
mmaxe01 Offline

Update: If I keep the game open and keep the chief 'directing' their work, they make progress. But I just closed the game for about 30 minutes - reopened it and they were not working, no progress made and yet immediately all headed up towards the hut with the 'building a hut' description. WHY will they not work on that hut without the game being open? Do they finish projects in the order they were started? (because I started them clearing rubble first - and that's where they all were, though they're not making any progress on that either, in terms of percentage completed). Any advice/info will be appreciated. On the one hand, the game will 'last' forever if I have to finish all the projects with the game actually open - but it's nice to be able to get them started and let them work like in the previous games.

Page 6 of 35 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 34 35 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter