Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 231 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Pearl8520, chuusu, Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty
30714 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30714 Members
76 Forums
19383 Topics
186937 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 26 of 35 < 1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 34 35 >
Topic Options
#152183 - 05/29/08 09:44 PM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: isla]
Old Player Offline
Adviser

Originally Posted By: isla
"Error: Access violation at 0x004A8930 (tried to read from 0x00000004) program terminated"

I purchased the VV3 game yesterday, and today while playing, I received this same error message. I had merely put a child on a mushroom when this occurred -- nothing unusual. The game shut down and froze my computer. I had to restart.

I would also like to bring up another issue and ask if it could be corrected with a "fix." In VV1 and 2, I always found it helpful to find a certain villager by pausing the game, going to the detail screen, then upon exiting the detail screen that certain villager would be highlighted (encircled). In Virtual Villagers 3, this will not happen in the "pause" mode, but only in the active mode.

Was this by design? Or a glitch? FYI I am using Windows XP.

#152229 - 05/29/08 11:26 PM Re: [SPOILERS INSIDE] A place to log bugs? [Re: slh]
Cybele UK Offline

I've noticed that sometimes when I sent a villager to the clothing hut and chose a new outfit, they had something different on when they popped out of the hut. It has happened several times. I investigated a bit more. Normally, when you put the villager in there, the outfit that pops up first on the select screen is the outfit they are currently wearing. On the ones that are messed up, the outfit that first pops up in the select is NOT what they are currently wearing. This happens to both sexes and doesn't seem to have any pattern with regards to when it fails.

My version is the 1.00.03 and I have not experienced any other problems (other than those already logged like the sundial puzzle problem). My computer runs XP.

Edited by Cybele UK (05/29/08 11:27 PM)

#152300 - 05/30/08 01:38 AM Re: [SPOILERS INSIDE] A place to log bugs? [Re: bulldoglover24]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Bulldoglover, did you "resize" your window right before this happened? Our games are not designed to allow the windows to be resized, although Windows sometimes allows that to happen. The two ways to fix it are to quit the game and relaunch it, or to switch back to full-screen mode.

#152303 - 05/30/08 01:45 AM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: Old Player]
Unicorn

Old Player, was this the only error you received, or was there another error message preceding it?

VV3 is designed not to scroll the screen while the game is paused.

#152304 - 05/30/08 01:46 AM Re: [SPOILERS INSIDE] A place to log bugs? [Re: Cybele UK]
Unicorn

Cybele UK, you should download the latest version of VV3, which can be obtained by clicking on the VV3 picture at the top of the left column of the forum page.

#152348 - 05/30/08 03:44 AM Re: [SPOILERS INSIDE] A place to log bugs? [Re: LadyCFII]
cnm Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Sunnyvale, CA
I absent-mindedly posted possible _bug_ THERE
Maybe you would want to move it.
Chief refuses to lecture.

#152359 - 05/30/08 04:13 AM Re: [SPOILERS INSIDE] A place to log bugs? [Re: cnm]
Unicorn

I replied to your post earlier today. That's a limitation of having a chief who is a child. \:\)

#152383 - 05/30/08 05:14 AM Re: [SPOILERS INSIDE] A place to log bugs? [Re: LadyCFII]
Jujubee Offline

One of the two games I've been playing just reset all the Puzzles. I was in this game earlier tonight and it was fine. I'd finished the last puzzle late last week and have been working on finishing the collections.

I had been working with V1.00.03 and just upgraded to the newest version to see if that would fix it, but there was no change.

All my Awards are still there, my food and tech points are there, all my Tech is still registering as being purchased. But every single puzzle has to be redone.

Any suggestions? Thank you!

#152432 - 05/30/08 11:22 AM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: LadyCFII]
Old Player Offline
Adviser

Originally Posted By: LadyCFII
Old Player, was this the only error you received, or was there another error message preceding it?
No, this was the only error message received, thus far.

Originally Posted By: LadyCFII
VV3 is designed not to scroll the screen while the game is paused.
Carla, perhaps I was not clear enough. I am able to scroll the screen in the pause mode, both with my mouse and the number key pad. What I was trying to convey is that in the other versions, in the pause mode, you could go to the detail screen, find a certain villager, then upon exiting the detail screen, the screen would automatically scroll to that certain villager who would be encircled. This happens in VV3 only if it is not in the pause mode. Does this make sense?

#152466 - 05/30/08 01:26 PM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: Old Player]
Unicorn

OK, let me elaborate a bit. VV3 was designed not to scroll the screen on its own when the game is paused (which is what the difference is from previous VV games). You can certainly scroll it yourself, as has always been the case. I apologize for not being more clear. We are still so busy here, that I tend to abbreviate my answers a bit too much at times.

Page 26 of 35 < 1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 34 35 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter