Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 231 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Pearl8520, chuusu, Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty
30714 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30714 Members
76 Forums
19383 Topics
186937 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 19 of 35 < 1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 34 35 >
Topic Options
#149971 - 05/24/08 06:06 AM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: Junebug]
mommyswenn Offline

I have an invisible triplet! They were born sometime while I wasn't playing the game, so I don't know if the mama was carrying all three babies, but when I click on details I can see all three names, but I can only find two on the screen. The third trip's name shows up at the bottom of the screen, but his action is always "doing nothing" and there isn't even the white circle on the ground where he should be.

I looked through some of the threads to see if this had been addressed already, but I'm trying to avoid spoilers as much as possible so forgive me if this problem has already been addressed, and please just point me in the right direction!

I'm running v .03 on Windows XP.

ETA: Never mind! Two years have passed in the game (the trips are now 6) and I can see all three of them. I had closed the game, though, so maybe that's why I can suddenly see him?

Edited by mommyswenn (05/24/08 06:10 AM)

#150054 - 05/24/08 02:36 PM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: mommyswenn]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Sometimes a villager can get stuck in a hut or behind a larger object. If you can see part of their focus ellipse after returning to the main screen from the Details screen, you can usually grab them. If not, quitting and restarting the game usually puts them in a different place.

#150103 - 05/24/08 04:19 PM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: LadyCFII]
Trin Offline
Adviser

Loc: Victoria, Australia
I have something peculiar which I haven't seen mentioned. Early in the game I made a Jack of All Trades, and it was either the first or second award I got. After Jack died, I still had the award, however over the weekend I paused the game, as I was going away. When I turned it back on after two or three days on pause, my award was gone!

I'm running v.02, will download v.03 tonight, but I can't see that bringing back the award. Was this a _bug_ that was fixed in the hotpatch?

FYI I'm running other villages, and the Jack awards in those have remained, long after the villager who earnt them died.

#150114 - 05/24/08 04:30 PM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: Trin]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
That's an issue that we haven't seen before in testing. We may need to have a look at this.

#150199 - 05/24/08 08:10 PM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: LadyCFII]
HarryFan17 Offline
Master

Loc: in the front row of a concert!...
I don't know if this has been posted yet....

One of my kid villagers picked up a rare feather and was almost inside the research lab and stopped and I lost the collectable. I didn't touch the villager or anything like that. She just stopped and put her hands on her hips. The feather isn't listed in the collectable screen.

Sorry if this has been posted. I didn't read through all 19 pages.

#150231 - 05/24/08 09:13 PM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: LadyCFII]
Trin Offline
Adviser

Loc: Victoria, Australia
Thanks LadyCFII. \:\)

#150413 - 05/25/08 06:45 AM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: queengamer78]
Jiapa Offline

A number of questions, some of which are, I think, bugs, and the rest of which are just oddities.

1. I have a child chief. Is this supposed to be possible?

2. My child chief will not supervise any statue work, so I haven't really gotten started on the statue yet.

3. Progress on buildings is hugely faster when the game is running, even when it's running in windowed mode and I'm doing other things, than it is when the game is off. I'm not certain, but it appears that no or almost no progress is made on building when the game is off, even though folks age and food gets eaten.

4. My chief child will not instruct the children.

5. Both my chief child and my former adult chief will, if placed in the amphitheater, lecture the entire tribe as many times as I want. This appears to educate some of the children, at the cost of pulling all the adults from their work. I'm not sure if this is intentional or not, as a way to bypass the once/day limit on instructing the children by instructing everyone.

6. Once the bath is done, why do most villagers still bathe in the fountain rather than in the bath?

7. Every once in a while, a villager will bathe just outside the bath, even lying on the ground.

8. Although I understand that theoretically, tablet pieces will appear in the ruins even after they have been completely cleared, it has only happened once for me. I think that the post-clearance probability of a tablet piece appearing should be increased, so that folks can have a reasonable chance of completing the tablet.

9. I had 11 of 12 turtle shells, coral pieces and feathers fairly early in the game, and have not yet completed any of them. Is one of each rare type much rarer than the others, or is this likely coincidence?

I'm running version 1.00.03 LDW on a windows XP box, mostly running in windowed mode.

#150416 - 05/25/08 06:57 AM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: Jiapa]
Jiapa Offline

I mis-spoke in my last post. My child chief _will_ supervise statue pushing. I just hadn't found the right spot yet.

#150423 - 05/25/08 07:14 AM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: Jiapa]
Damballah Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Somewhere in time....
This is rather odd...when I have several villagers working in the science lab, and they are sort of aligned at the table, they flash in and out, alternating each one. Not a problem, but kind of startling to see.

#150433 - 05/25/08 08:43 AM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: Damballah]
Rosy_Mama Offline

Sorry if this has been posted before, as I have not read all the pages of bugs listed here.

Here goes, it seems that there is a 3 yr old villager stuck in one of the huts. Every time that I click on the detail button to locate that villager he will show up in one of the three huts. There is no ring seen like you normally would. It just takes me to the hut. He does try various actions like "Running Around" or "Dancing" but those actions don't stay around long and he does mostly "Nothing".

Is he a doomed villager for his natural life?

I am using the .03 version and in the windowed mode.

Thanks in advance!

Sorry, since I had made this post, I had closed and reopened the game. My villager is free from his bondage and building "Sand Castles".

Edited by Rosy_Mama (05/25/08 08:49 AM)

Page 19 of 35 < 1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 34 35 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter