Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 250 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Pearl8520, chuusu, Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty
30714 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30714 Members
76 Forums
19383 Topics
186937 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 22 of 35 < 1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 34 35 >
Topic Options
#150945 - 05/26/08 03:35 PM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: LadyCFII]
callie Offline

Sorry, this didn't work. I was already running v 1.00.03. I'm losing my Master Builders because there is nothing else for them to build. The only thing left to do is start over and hope that this doesn't happen again. It's very disappointing to have to start completely over when I only have 3 puzzles left.

#150948 - 05/26/08 03:38 PM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: callie]
HarryFan17 Offline
Master

Loc: in the front row of a concert!...
My chief keeps on leaving the statue puzzle if I leave the game for 10 minutes.

I have downloaded the patch

Edited by HarryFan17 (05/26/08 03:48 PM)

#150955 - 05/26/08 03:55 PM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: LadyCFII]
cvlowe Offline

Originally Posted By: LadyCFII
If your system clock has *ever* been changed (either by a person or by your operating system), particularly in a backwards direction, since starting a tribe, the game may be permanently affected even though the system clock is stable now and your other VV games are working properly. There are very complex, independent timers in Virtual Villagers, and any of them can be affected by clock changes. The only thing that can possibly help is to give the tribe enough time to sort out those issues.

One thing you might try is starting another tribe in a different player slot to see if the problem exists there, too.

My computer is on a domain and synchronizes it's clock with the server at whatever MS default interval is. Like every time I turn it on. Does that mean this game is completely unplayable then?

#150961 - 05/26/08 04:05 PM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: cvlowe]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
No, it doesn't mean that. Almost everyone's computer system clock is kept synchronized to a time reference by the computer's operating system. Normally, that time adjustment is, at most, a few seconds and doesn't cause any problems. The problems are introduced when the computer's system clock is unreliable, either because people are using it as a "calendar" to check dates (that happens more frequently than you might imagine) or because of a computer problem, such as a depleted CMOS battery.

#150968 - 05/26/08 04:24 PM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: LadyCFII]
soldiergirl Offline

i just finished nature puzzles and never was able to get rid of the sharks even when i redid the potion and had someone else put the potion in. i have not collected all the collectables but every 24 hours my chief will show a rare item that has been collected, will the chief ever show the ones that are needed to finish the collection. also i have had a few adults come out of the sewing hut with other clothes then the ones purchased just like the children again thanks i can't wait until #4 i am crurrently working on another tribe doing the magic method.

#150972 - 05/26/08 04:39 PM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: LadyCFII]
Debala715 Offline

We have discovered that there is a _bug_ that occurs during burials that temporarily causes problems with the roster and the gravestones. Once the burials are complete, everything should be working again, although it's possible that there will be an extra or missing villager. We are working on that.

When I closed out VV3, all those who died were buried hours before that. And I don't have any missing or extra villagers. Even now over a day after they died, those who died 3rd through 7th don't show up in the Roster and when you click on their gravestone, nothing, no name or info.

I don't understand what you mean by temporarily, do you mean that as temporarily until a patch is out to fix this?

#151004 - 05/26/08 05:25 PM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: Debala715]
Unicorn

By "temporarily" I mean that when we've seen that _bug_ happen, the graves return to normal after the burials have completed. Apparently, in your case, they did not. We do not presently have a fix for that _bug_.

#151054 - 05/26/08 07:04 PM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: LadyCFII]
cvlowe Offline

No, it doesn't mean that. Almost everyone's computer system clock is kept synchronized to a time reference by the computer's operating system. Normally, that time adjustment is, at most, a few seconds and doesn't cause any problems. The problems are introduced when the computer's system clock is unreliable, either because people are using it as a "calendar" to check dates (that happens more frequently than you might imagine) or because of a computer problem, such as a depleted CMOS battery.

Since 1 and 2 work fine should I abandon my current 2 buggy tribes in 3 and start over?

#151055 - 05/26/08 07:20 PM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: cvlowe]
Unicorn

Starting over would probably take care of the problem. There is also the option, if there are available player slots, to start one or more new tribes in empty player slots and check in on the malfunctioning tribes occasionally to see if the problem has been corrected.

#151065 - 05/26/08 07:56 PM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: LadyCFII]
cvlowe Offline

I started a third tribe. Checking the time on the nursing mom frequently, it started at 246, then dropped to 240. It seemed stuck there for about 20 minutes then dropped to 234. Watching the time in the fire, it counts down every minute. Just seems something's not right.

Page 22 of 35 < 1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 34 35 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter