Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 172 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
chuusu, Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12
30713 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30713 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 7 of 35 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 34 35 >
Topic Options
#146750 - 05/18/08 09:09 AM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: mmaxe01]
BobbyKat Offline

I tried the demo, but VV3 doesn't run as smooth as the previous versions. Maneuvering from one place to another is quite difficult, it's as if you were driving a car and applying the brakes every two feet. It's quite annoying as I can't get much accomplished because of this.

I'm using Windows XP Pro and have plenty of ram, so I'm not sure what the problem is as the VV1 and VV2 always worked fine for me.

Also, it rains a little too excessively as well, but I have the problem no matter what, so I doubt thats the problem...

Edited by BobbyKat (05/18/08 09:09 AM)

Fully Designed Forum Themes / XMB / Proboards / http://bobbykat.net/

#146822 - 05/18/08 03:05 PM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: BobbyKat]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
VV3 should be no more demanding of system resources than VV1 or VV2 (except for the Flash movie in the intro). Perhaps this answer in our Support FAQ will help you determine what might be causing the problem.

#146827 - 05/18/08 03:14 PM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: mmaxe01]
Unicorn

mmaxe01, when you say that time isn't passing properly, are you referring to the game's timers or villager productivity? There's a big difference, and the underlying issues are not always the same. If it's a system clock issue, villagers may not age, nursing moms' timers don't change, fruit trees will have problems, etc.

If it's a productivity issue (and that's what this is looking like), it could be a _bug_ related to the game's real-time engine, as long as the things I mentioned before are working properly. However, we would need more information in order to determine if that's the case.

Are you only having problems with building projects and research? Although it's unlikely that this would apply to all of your builders and scientists, I need to ask if your builders and scientists have farming skill, as well. If so, and your food supply isn't at least 400 or so, they will leave their assigned tasks to harvest any available food (to help ensure the tribe's survival).

If that's not the case, then we need to have a look at the RTE in the game to make sure that it's doing what it's supposed to do.

#146833 - 05/18/08 03:28 PM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: LadyCFII]
boostone Offline
Trainee

Loc: Canada
One question I had was about making of babies. I get the babay before they even get into the hut-When I look at the population it goes up - then if I look at the mom I see that she is nursing...its a bit weird....is it a glitch?

Hope you can answer & I am running vers .03

Barb

#146834 - 05/18/08 03:29 PM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: slh]
cbpeanut49 Offline
Adviser

I've just completed puzzle 16 but when I check the puzzles it doesn't show that it has been completed. I followed the puzzle tips and (spoiler text hidden by LadyCFII): saw the ghosts, etc. This isn't a big deal for me, but I thought you'd want to know. I even closed the game and did the puzzle again.

Edited by LadyCFII (05/18/08 03:44 PM)

#146841 - 05/18/08 03:41 PM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: boostone]
Unicorn

Barb, that's normal behavior for all of the VV games. It's the "kiss" that makes the baby, not the trip indoors. People take advantage of that feature to do what's come to be known as "speed kissing" in order to make babies faster. \:\)

#146842 - 05/18/08 03:43 PM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: cbpeanut49]
Unicorn

Getting the puzzle completion is a little more involved than just activating the [spoiler] images. We are reviewing this though, because it is confusing to people.

#146846 - 05/18/08 03:48 PM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: LadyCFII]
mmaxe01 Offline

You are right - it's better described as a productivity issue. I turned on the game this morning and the 2nd hut was right where I left it - 60% completed. There was plenty of food in the bin. As soon as the game was 'on', all the villagers starting moving towards the hut, with the description 'building hut'. But they were 'assigned' there last night and were building away (under the direction of the chief) when I shut the game down.

I had more than 400 food when I shut down last night. They all 'appeared' to be near the 'removing rubble' area when I started this morning, yet no progress was made there, either. And very few tech points added overnight.

#146851 - 05/18/08 03:52 PM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: mmaxe01]
Unicorn

Thanks for the clarification; it's very helpful.

#146855 - 05/18/08 04:01 PM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: LadyCFII]
mmaxe01 Offline

Thank you for looking into it. I did download v. 03 last night too, just to be sure I was running the most updated version.

Page 7 of 35 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 34 35 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter