Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 240 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Pearl8520, chuusu, Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty
30714 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30714 Members
76 Forums
19383 Topics
186937 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 24 of 32 < 1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 31 32 >
Topic Options
#150339 - 05/25/08 02:42 AM Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. [Re: bethlham]
Rockmower Moderator Offline
Master Poet

Loc: The Beautiful Ozarks
Originally Posted By: bethlham

Not to put a bee in anybody's bonnet...but....the Villager Bill of Rights says nothing about a member, or otherwise, giving advise or opinion about potentially harmful stews, potions or otherwise. It merely states that members will not harm their own villagers.

As far as I know, AngelGirl has abided by the terms and not harmed her own villagers, merely informed others of the means by which it could be done, and as such has commited no infraction of the SPVC and is subject to no reprimand.

Therefore, any harm caused to AngelGirl by means of SPVC reprimand should be remedied and forgiven.

Humans need protection too.

I love your implied intent and the forums....I just wanted to be fair. Good luck to all! \:\)

We do not "reprimand" anybody. In cases like this, we usually send people a PM to gently remind them of our values. We do it in a PM, to avoid humiliating anyone, which is in itself, a form of harm. We do not condone hurting ANY Villagers, real or imagined, and this INCLUDES Forum members. \:D

We do thank you for your concern over the feelings of your fellow forumer! \:D I'd say that concern reflects strongly on the values we hold dear! \:D \:D \:D

Avvie by Airstream Raider
Where have all the Fan Fiction Fans gone?
(I miss Laurence cry)
I miss my wife cry

#150348 - 05/25/08 03:15 AM Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. [Re: Rockmower]
bethlham Offline
Guru

Thank you Rockmower for your responces and care, including those made here .

Sometimes the worst punishment we recieve is that which we give ourselves.

Again, Good Luck and well wishes to all! \:\)

#150349 - 05/25/08 03:22 AM Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. [Re: Anki]
bethlham Offline
Guru

Originally Posted By: Anki
ANGELSTAR. is a SPCV member n she is giving advice in some of her posts to kill the villagers which u dont like by gving some sicking potion. This is against the law of SPCV. Take some action against Her.
i m sorry it was Anglestar not TMAC. I m sorry Tmac read the post wrong. I M SORRY TMAC.

So, Anki...what action did you have in mind? Sometimes the best action is forgiveness and guidance, as Rockmower pointed out....gentle reminders in private to avoid hurt feelings or embarassment.

I hope we care for our fellow man (and woman ;\) ) as much as we do about our sweet villagers, as we are all the product of a loving creator.

Good Luck! \:\)

#150377 - 05/25/08 05:02 AM Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. [Re: bethlham]
HelloWorld! Offline
Consigliere

Loc: My Dragon Cave and Isola.
I would like to alert SPCV of a post called:

is there someway to remove someone from the tribe?

In other words,Purposefully and knowingly KILLING a villager

#150459 - 05/25/08 01:52 PM Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. [Re: laurence]
laurence Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Paris, France
Originally Posted By: AngelGirl
I am sorry.I was just trying to be helpful.I may sometimes be a bad SPCV member and I really just wanted to help.If I happen to do this again please inform me I am no longer an SPCV member as I have broken the rules twice.I agree to them,although I was just trying to help.I NEVER use the potion on my villagers and I do NOT reccomend anyone using it.I just told pontypool how they COULD do it,not that they should.Sorry,I made some errors in my post.Please forgive me.
Well, that is clear! and of course you are forgave!

... So, Anki...what action did you have in mind? Sometimes the best action is forgiveness and guidance, as Rockmower pointed out....gentle reminders in private to avoid hurt feelings or embarassment. …
That's right we want not to hurt anybody but we want to make him feeling an embarrassment! It's the only manner we have to do something against cruelty.

But, when we denounce someone's acts, we have to be absolutely sure about these acts and about the fully justified of this denunciation. It because we'll ask to all our members to not denounce anybody in this thread but to send a PM to us (Jazzo;Rockmower;Laurence;Tmac – Krystal doesn't receive PMs) and we'll decide together about what to do.

It will be the SPCV itself who will denounce, if it's necessary!

… I hope we care for our fellow man (and woman ;\) ) as much as we do about our sweet villagers, as we are all the product of a loving creator.

Good Luck! \:\)
Of course, bethlham! All this concerns a state of mind.

#150460 - 05/25/08 01:55 PM Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. [Re: laurence]
laurence Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Paris, France

.....----------..... SPCV Announce

We are proud and happy to inform you that we have some new members:

Fortuna
anna1010101
Anki
Squishedfairy
Tough_Girl
arislyn
Paravou

Welcome to them!! We are now 83

(If we have forgotten somebody, don't hesitate to contact us and to protest!!)

#150464 - 05/25/08 02:09 PM Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. [Re: HelloWorld!]
Jazzo Offline
Master Magician

Loc: jazzothegreat.com
Originally Posted By: 372Strawberry642
I would like to alert SPCV of a post called:

is there someway to remove someone from the tribe?

In other words,Purposefully and knowingly KILLING a villager

Well, let them feel how they feel.

#151614 - 05/28/08 02:16 AM Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. [Re: Jazzo]
Jazzo Offline
Master Magician

Loc: jazzothegreat.com
.....----------..... SPCV Announce

I do NOT like to see posts like:
Quote:
I am from the SPCV and you are a terrible person for killing a villager.

I do not want to see ANY MEMBER of the SPCV threatening, criticizing, insulting, or any of those bad things to someone with different views. UNDERSTOOD. 'Cuz if the admins see the SPCV is causing problems, he/she WILL get rid of it. SO PLEASE. Keep it cool 8\)

#151625 - 05/28/08 03:02 AM Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. [Re: Jazzo]
Anki Offline
Expert

Loc: Delhi, India
Hey i always follow the path of forgiveness, raising an issue Against AngelGirl was jurt wana make sure if u choose a path of any organization we should follow its rules stickly.
Anki.

#151630 - 05/28/08 03:25 AM Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. [Re: Anki]
bethlham Offline
Guru

Originally Posted By: Anki
Hey i always follow the path of forgiveness, raising an issue Against AngelGirl was jurt wana make sure if u choose a path of any organization we should follow its rules stickly.

She didn't violate any rules. Perhaps being strictly aware of the rules one follows is equally sound advise.

Nonetheless, I recently read this post in another thread (I don't know how to capture a quote from another thread, sorry:

alas, this topic is moot - vv3 does not allow players to build a particular tribe through the use of potions (until someone figures out the breeding/heritability programming). the potions _do not_ kill anymore, so there is no need for anyone to bemoan 'final solution' playing ... the game has been made over for you.

...sadly for some of us...the vv4 will not be a new journey. on a happy note, i do understand that this will calm the vv community, and that is always a positive step.

Edited by bethlham (05/28/08 03:32 AM)

Page 24 of 32 < 1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 31 32 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter