Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 206 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
chuusu, Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12
30713 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30713 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 5 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20 >
Topic Options
#136325 - 04/30/08 08:50 PM Re: VV2 Genetics Guide: Which parents make which c [Re: Complexity]
Britney Offline
Master

Loc: Tumblr
I got a 9F via M10 and F18.10 plus 18 divided by 2 whould be 12.5, so i Shold have gotten a 12 of either gender.If I would have removed the 1 from 18 and then do 10 + 8 diveded by 2, the result should have been 9F or 9M.

Sorry if that doesnt make ANY sense AT ALL.

#136520 - 05/01/08 05:41 AM Re: VV2 Genetics Guide: Which parents make which c [Re: Britney]
Starhawk Offline

Complexity:

There very well may be something in the game to "stir things up" as you say. Last night I had an illicit breeding between 1 male I had only bred once (8m) and a semi-retired female 10 f. They had not been together before nor were they working in the same area, neither one were even adept parents. What's very strange is I have 2 female master parents both of whom are working in his area (both over 50). I ended up with a 10m so nothing special with the child.

Have you noticed various actions between the villagers, like arguing, complaining and teaching? I'm starting to think that not only is there an "intelligence" rating (some villagers are just hopeless learning anything), but also some sort of "status" rating for each villager. For example, Britney's post above...suppose her 10M didn't have enough "status" so his number wasn't used? 18/2=9 she could have had a female child with just herself? Just a thought there.

I've also oopsied a couple of times and dropped a villager on another and they had a baby right there at the research table. That's when I discovered they don't need to actually go inside the "Lovely Hut" to have a baby. I was quite irritated about that.

I don't think having a skill at master has anything to do with the selection of the child. In my 2nd tribe my 2M came with running. He was an esteemed elder at 46. He has fathered 23 of my 57 children so far. Those mothers that were mastered in a skill had a higher chance of a baby born with some skill in the one they were mastered in since he was mastered in Farm/Build/Research. Perhaps master parenting is relevant? I really don't want to go there except at the last minute. It would completely disrupt my breeding program.

I hate to admit this, but I haven't solved all the puzzles in either of my tribes yet.

How have you managed to get so many elders? I have 3 in my first tribe and 4 in the 2nd.

Britney:

Yes it does make sense, but it could be also the male wasn't used at all. However, a 9 is at the outer edge of possibility with those numbers as well.

#137184 - 05/02/08 09:14 PM Re: VV2 Genetics Guide: Which parents make which child [Re: Akamu]
Pookie9 Offline
Adviser

Loc: NC, USA
I've been following this thread while I've tried a new game on hard with few people and until today everyone bred pretty much how your chart says. TODAY though there's a weird one.

Mom #21 and Dad #11 had a #7 child.

I had bred the same father with 2 different mothers at the time and the first one was right around the correct number in your chart. The mother that had the #7 child was a first time mother and was the second one of the two to breed.

I only have 22 people and 3/4's of the way through the game, so I haven't bred that much \:\)

Is is possible when you breed the same man to two different women that they somehow "warp" the possibilities?

#137203 - 05/02/08 09:33 PM SPOILERS! Genetics: Which parents make which child [Re: Pookie9]
Complexity Offline
Expert

Just a quick note. I have refrained from posting in this thread due to the concern regarding it not having a spoiler tag. Fortunately, another member wrote to me privately and we worked together to come up with a better title. LadyCII just helped by changing the title. So thanks to all for the help.

Also, my apologies to anyone who may have been adversely affected by the title not being appropriate identified with a spoiler tag.

Now, to the replies which I'll post a little later. \:\) My attempt to get my "Vicki's Blondes" tribe to have at least ONE blonde villager is proving to be extremely frustrating. So far, after multiple breedings of the villagers with the highest numbers, they have either replicated themselves or had children with a lower number (not the direction I wanted to go!). Now I'm hoping very much for the barrel of babies (which I have not had in either of my tribes) with at least a male and female with blonde hair. I'd LOVE a couple of #30s! Can we special order our children? LOL! \:D

#137208 - 05/02/08 09:36 PM Re: SPOILERS! Genetics: Which parents make which child [Re: Complexity]
Pookie9 Offline
Adviser

I'll send you my ONE blonde girl and guy after I get a daughter AND a son from them in exchange for a couple that have black hair.

#137274 - 05/02/08 10:54 PM Re: SPOILERS! Genetics: Which parents make which c [Re: Pookie9]
Complexity Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Pookie9
I'll send you my ONE blonde girl and guy after I get a daughter AND a son from them in exchange for a couple that have black hair.

I have a 6m and 7f I could trade. Every time they breed, they only give me more #6s and more #7s. Argh!

Too bad we can't change aspects of the villagers, such as their hair color, like we can their clothes. But that would actually make it too easy. I like the challenge of breeding for specific children.

I finally got my first child with a higher number! \:D She's a 19F. Her parents are 19m and 18f. I have breed them many times to the point I'm my second generation of them, and this was the first time they finally gave me a higher number. So now I have a 19m and 19f to breed. It's a long, long way from 30 (considering that 15 is the halfway mark). But it's added a lot of fun to the game for me. I will feel very accomplished when I finally get a blonde child in that tribe! \:D

Also, so far every villager that has passed on made it to Esteemed Elder, including the female breeders (but except the older female from the very start of the tribe). I have 8 more elders to go to get my 50!

#137359 - 05/03/08 12:32 AM Re: SPOILERS! Genetics: Which parents make which c [Re: Complexity]
Pookie9 Offline
Adviser

I don't want them to make it that easy for us because then we couldn't find reasons to keep making more tribes.....or look after them and play longer.

Then too, I've been playing it over, and over, and over again and just found out that builders will become masters just by fixing up the huts. So for people like me easy is probably a GOOD thing!!!! LOL

I bred another man with two women one after the other just to see if the type of child would be as different as my other one. Will unpause (is that a word?) tomorrow and let you know after I have new kiddies running around! \:\)

#137647 - 05/03/08 10:44 AM Re: SPOILERS! Genetics: Which parents make which c [Re: Pookie9]
Starhawk Offline

Here's a couple of interesting exceptions.

23 M + 21 F

24 M + 26 F

#137761 - 05/03/08 04:53 PM Re: SPOILERS! Genetics: Which parents make which c [Re: Starhawk]
ColeDude101 Offline
Expert

Loc: The 1st state!Delaware!
16Female and 16Male had 15Female.

Im playing VV3 again,and I'm going to be more active on here now!

#137864 - 05/03/08 07:52 PM Re: SPOILERS! Genetics: Which parents make which c [Re: ColeDude101]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: One of the thirteen colonies
I've got a 10m and 29f breeding and will post their results.
Out of curiosity, Complexity, will you update the chart with all the new results to make it easier for people so they don't have to scroll through everything?

Page 5 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter