Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 309 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
chuusu, Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12
30713 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30713 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 4 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 19 20 >
Topic Options
#135087 - 04/27/08 10:10 PM Re: VV2 Genetics Guide: Which parents make which c [Re: Dio]
ColeDude101 Offline
Expert

Loc: The 1st state!Delaware!
Male 26 mated with Female 21 and gave birth to female 22,male 22,male 24 and female 23.

Im playing VV3 again,and I'm going to be more active on here now!

#135102 - 04/27/08 10:33 PM Re: VV2 Genetics Guide: Which parents make which c [Re: Dio]
SpecialPrincess Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: the Midwest, USA
I am LOVING this!!! My tribe has only two blondes and three redheads. Today, I put the following couples indoors with hopes of increasing variety in my village.

19+19=38/2=19
24+19=43/2=21.5
13+24=37/2=18.5

The second couple has already had a son, and he is a 20!

Edited by SpecialPrincess (04/27/08 10:56 PM)

#135222 - 04/28/08 01:49 AM Re: VV2 Genetics Guide: Which parents make which child [Re: Akamu]
shemee Offline
Adviser

Loc: Somerset, KY
I wish I could get a 2, 3, 4, 5 and a 30 guy since ive never had any

#135383 - 04/28/08 04:10 PM Re: VV2 Genetics Guide: Which parents make which c [Re: shemee]
Complexity Offline
Expert

Dio, looking forward to any pics of exceptional children (I think that's a good name for them!).

Cole, your couple is having children directly within the average. Cool to be able to predict what kids each couple will have!

SP, thank you for the pic! This was my first 24m, 19f AND 20m I've added to my list. That's a very nice addition! \:\)

shemee, the best way I can suggest that you get any of the numbers you're wanting is to breed the parents closest to those numbers. Since it's possible to get a child a point or two lower/higher than the parents, you can work your way up or down through the generations. So, for example, to get a 30, I'd breed the highest number male with the highest number female that you have. Keep breeding them as much as you can until you finally get a male and/or female with an even higher number than the original parents. Then breed those children once they're old enough (even if that means breeding a mom or dad to a child; it's a game after all). As you continue doing this, you can inch your way up or down until you finally get the number(s) you're wanting. It will take patience and diligence to do this, but it is possible now that we know their genetics.

Krystal, my parentless 9m must have come from either an event or another planet, take your pick. Not only did he arrive without any parents, but he took it upon himself to breed with every female I had even though he was never set to Parenting skill and had never been breed before! Now I have LOTS of dark haired children in my "Vicki's Blondes" tribe. \:o I'm not sure how he appeared through an event without me knowing it, but he is most certainly different than the rest of the villagers. Too bad I didn't get a blonde male instead of a dark haired one. I wouldn't mind having a rouge blonde male breeding his little digital heart out! \:D

#135557 - 04/28/08 09:44 PM Re: VV2 Genetics Guide: Which parents make which c [Re: Complexity]
Starhawk Offline

I've been following this thread for almost a week now. I found it when I was looking for tips on how to try to make a 19F as I wasn't having any luck. Sadly, the one female I had to attempt it was too old by the time I found this thread. That just gave me an excuse to start a second tribe though. \:D Anyway, here are some additions for your research.

First Tribe:

3 M + 19 F = 21 F
No grandparents. This couple also produced a 6 F, but I didn't get a screenshot.

30 M + 27 F = 10 F

30M no parents -- 27 F parents 30 M + *23 F/Grandparents 30 M + 19 F=*

12 M + 27 F = 4 M (Same 27 F as above.)

12 M parents 5 M + 17 F -- 27 F parents - see above
--------------
Second Tribe

2 M + 13 F = 21 F

No grandparents

9 M + 29 F = 2 M

9M parents 2M + 19 F --29 F no parents
------------

I added grandparent info just incase. I hope this helps you figure it out!

#135920 - 04/29/08 06:53 PM Re: VV2 Genetics Guide: Which parents make which c [Re: Starhawk]
Complexity Offline
Expert

Wow, Starhawk! Those are incredible exceptions! I've made a special notation on these in my list.

Just to be sure... you're posting only the exceptions and not all of the children, right? Approximately how many other children have you had that are not exceptional?

I'll be honest, these are so far off the mark, I even tried to see if they were Photoshopped, but I can see no evidence of it. Nothing personal, please be assured. \:\) I just have to be as certain as I can that I'm keeping my database clean and pure, and these exceptions are so incredible, I couldn't believe it without double checking! \:o

I'm very interested in the tribe(s) in which these exceptions came from. You have been fortunate enough to have villagers at both extremes (very low and very high numbers). But it's even more fortunate that you have had so many exceptions! I'd like to know how old the tribe(s) are, how many babies, how many villagers in total are in the tribe(s) themselves, what hair colors do most of the other villagers in the tribe(s) have, and did you do any special breeding to get the low or high number villagers?

I'd like to know how these exceptional children came to be. This is precisely what so many people would love to know how to do — to get a child that is vastly different from the parents so they can bring back certain villagers that they haven't seen in a very long time (if ever).

Thank you so much for posting the pictures. I hope to hear more about their tribes. I'd love to figure out if there is some kind of mathematical equation that creates these children that we can reproduce or if it's truly just random which is completely out of our control.

I'd also love it if anyone happens to have the same exceptional child from the same parents that have been posted already. I am able to find duplicates of the normal children (average of the parents), but the exceptional children are so few that I have yet to find a duplication of them. If anyone ever happens to have a duplicate, I would dearly love to know it.

As a side note: I have to laugh at knowing that while I'm doing all of this to somewhat reverse engineer how the software is designed to create the children, those who wrote the software are watching me hypothesize while they know the true answer. it must be funny for them to watch me scramble to figure out how they coded the game! For me, figuring out the code (logic) is just one extra layer of enjoying the game. \:D

#136144 - 04/30/08 05:02 AM Re: VV2 Genetics Guide: Which parents make which c [Re: Complexity]
Starhawk Offline

One of the most fun parts of the game for me is the breeding. Eventually I know I'll run out of "baby room", but it hasn't happened yet. This all started because I wanted little girls with curly red hair (#19) like one of the original kids I had in my first game. I thought she was so cute!

As I stated in my first post above, I was having difficulties making my #19 girls so I came here and thanks to your info I was able to make my attempts with a higher chance of success. I have kept a notebook and I have a couple of documents that I use to keep track of birth order(age) and head numbers.

I have NOT been able to get a #19 girl in my first tribe, however I was able to in my second, but ONLY ONE! In my attempts, I also decided I liked the #6 girl (she looks like Princess Leia!), and the girls with the long hair, especially the 29 F. My MAJOR attempts have been to get..Firstly blonde children, then #19 girls, #29, #6, #7, #26, #24, #22, #16, #15, #12. I know I discriminate; I only want the boys for their numbers LOL
-----------
There is some background, as to your question.

"Approximately how many other children have you had that are not exceptional?"

In my first tribe, the first thing that happened was I got the "wild boy" event, so I actually started with 8 people. They have all died now and the population is 60 people. I started with...3 M, 5 M, 8 M, TWO 30 M, 17 F, 19 F, 30 F. I found your post right after the 30 F turned 50. Three exceptions out of 60, four if you count the #6 I got, although she is only 5 points off the avg.

In my second tribe, no one has died yet. The population is 59, so 52 babies. I started this tribe with, 2 M, 7 M, 11 M, 15 M, 13 F, 19 F, 29 F. Two exceptions out of 52.

Both tribes have nursing mothers so I don't know about these babies yet. I have played over 100 hours on each of these tribes.

I've only had two "accidents" in my first tribe of "illegal" breeding LOL Neither of those babies was anything special. I breed them all on purpose and with intent to create the villagers I like.

The game however seems to want to thwart me. I'm having a very hard time with 9's. It also seems like it wants to keep some of them rare, of course I could be nuts LOL, but for example:

I have bred the 13 F (original villager in 2nd tribe) with the
2 M (also original villager)- 11 times - Average is 7.5. This was in the hopes of getting a 6 F & 7 F. The first 4 babies were all boys.. a 6, two 7's and an 8. The next baby (you can see her picture above) was the 21 F. The next 5 babies were all male two 6's and three 7's. She was 48 years old at this point and I thought ok one last time and finally she had a 6 F as her 11th child. I did actually get another 6 F as well as, a 7 F with a 10 F mother and the same 2M father. The 10 F mother did have 5 previous children, three 6 males and two 5 females.

By the way, the exceptionals I posted of the 27 F mother, the first time I was going for a 19 and the second time for a 29. She does not want to give me any "9"'s.

In both tribes I have kept the redheads to a minimum, and the ones I have are mostly in the range I want. I have 13 redheads in the 1st tribe and 12 in the 2nd. I count head #'s 16 thru 20 as redheads.

If you want a breakdown by hair color, I can do that. Looking at the pictures you posted I see:

1 - 9 Black Hair
10 - 15 Dark Brown Hair
16 - 20 Red Hair
21 - 22 Light Brown Hair
23 - 30 Blonde Hair

or simplified:

1 - 15 Brunette
16 - 20 Redhead
21 - 30 Blonde

Sadly I do not have a spreadsheet at this time, so I've been listing them in a text document. I hope this info helps!

#136172 - 04/30/08 08:47 AM Re: VV2 Genetics Guide: Which parents make which c [Re: Starhawk]
Complexity Offline
Expert

Star, that's very helpful! It gives me some idea of how prevalent the exceptional children are. 3(or4)/59 and 2/52. So around every 20 - 25 babies as a loose guess. It may also be more prevalent when breeding a Master Parent as compared to a first time breeder or Trainee Parent. I know the software does change the outcomes of the villagers actions based on their skill status so part of the equation may have to do with the parents being Master Parents or not.

I'm so glad you've kept your genetic tree for your tribes! I got into this pretty much the same way as you, but with a twist. When I first began playing, there were certain villagers I simply thought were ugly so I altered them. Some of them I simply made changes to their face and/or hair. But some of them I completely replaced with a duplicate of my favorite villagers. Obviously, that really messed up the genetics. Here I was, thinking I had all these pretty villagers, but not really. When I decided to put the game back to the way it was originally written, all my pretty villagers were GONE and I was left with a bunch of brown and red heads! \:\( Even worse, all of my blonde women were gone! I only had 2 blonde males left, and they were getting a bit old.

So that's when I began charting my villagers. I started keeping a spreadsheet on the parents and their children. I needed to have an identifier for each villager so numbering them seemed to be the most logical idea. And that's when it popped out at me. The children were the average of the parents, give or take 1-2 points. That explained why every villager gravitated towards the middle #15/#16 which are the brown and red heads.

I frantically wanted to get a blonde back! My favorite is the long blonde haired female, followed by the same female with slightly darker hair. I had lost every one of them. So I began finding the highest number male and female to breed. Anytime I got a child with an even higher number, I'd use that one as my new breeder once they turned 18. Slowly, I managed to get my blondes back! I got up to a 25, 26 and 27 female children with my original breeder pregnant again, hoping for a boy. If she has a girl and her current partner dies of old age (he's a #28), I have a good 20 years left on another partner that's a 27.

Once I got that far along, I decided to play with a second tribe. I paused the first tribe and started a new tribe which I named, "Vicki's Blondes". Only one problem. Not a single blonde in the original 7! In fact, most of the villagers are very dark haired! Ugh! I have no choice but to breed them as I needed to get the village established. And then I made a mistake. I allowed a #9 to ring the Gong. The Gong granted him wisdom. It was the first time it had granted wisdom so I didn't know what to look for. Then, that night, my #9 male breed with all of the females! \:o Turns out, the Gong made him a Master Parent. \:\( It's not easy to get a tribe of blondes with a breeding-crazed #9 running around!

I've managed to stop him from breeding as much as he used to; although, he's still managed to get a couple more females pregnant. And then I've had two couples breed accidentally when I dropped one of them on top of the other, not meaning to (such as putting one on a hut to fix).

I've finally finished all the puzzles, got all my skill levels and have 30 or so Esteemed Elders. Only the first villager didn't make it to Esteemed Elder. All the rest have. That's a secondary goal of mine. All I have left are 3 bugs to collect, but with only 38 villagers (now 41 thanks to expectant twins and a singleton just bred). So I have lots of chances to breed any parents I want. The only problem is I really have very few parents I will even attempt to breed. My highest numbered parents in that tribe are #18s (a male and female). I'm breeding those two as fast as possible, but with just one couple and two "Isola years" for each child, it's going to take some time. My first child came out as a #18 female. I have a long way to go to get my beloved #26f.

I noticed you mentioned some issues with #9s. I have found some curious things with #9s, males only I think. It just seems they are different somehow. My rouge Master Parent #9 arrived unannounced (that I know of) and without any parents. He just ended up as a child in the tribe. I didn't really pay much attention to him until I realized he didn't have any parents showing even though he was under 18 and not one of the original 7. I've also ran into more exceptional children with #9s involved than any other number. It may be just a coincidence, but I'm not completely sure. So you got my attention when you mentioned issues with your #9.

I'm still not able to find a solid pattern to determining the exceptional children. They seem to be all over the board and not organized. But maybe I'm looking at it from the wrong angle. Maybe if I organized it around the children's numbers instead of the parents', a pattern may emerge. Since this is all in a spreadsheet, I just keep adding different possible equations for all of the exceptional children in hopes that I'll stumble onto a pattern. However, there may be other things at play that I cannot possibly account for, such as if the game takes into consideration whether the tribe is too homogeneous and needs a new villager to stir up the genetics.

#136175 - 04/30/08 10:19 AM Re: VV2 Genetics Guide: Which parents make which c [Re: Complexity]
HappyPlayer Offline
Guru

Loc: CA, USA
Hey guys, interesting stuff, but this topic should really have a Spoiler tag on it. \:\)

#136194 - 04/30/08 12:27 PM Re: VV2 Genetics Guide: Which parents make which c [Re: HappyPlayer]
Complexity Offline
Expert

I tried. There's not enough room in the title space for a spoiler tag. But I think the topic title makes it clear that it'll be a spoiler.

If a mod or LDW person disagrees, they are welcome to change the title... as if they need my permission. \:D

Page 4 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 19 20 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter