Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 184 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 21 of 30 < 1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 29 30 >
Topic Options
#114656 - 12/26/07 07:00 PM Re: Poll: Virtual Villagers Names [Re: cattales]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
If the duplicate names are occurring in villagers that are next to each other in the Details screen, please see this answer in our Support FAQ.

#114672 - 12/26/07 08:09 PM Re: Poll: Do you change your villagers' name? [Re: iq145]
cattales Offline
Trainee

Loc: U.S.
Originally Posted By: iq145
i assign first and last names to track lineage.

Hey, I love that idea! And it's so obvious, why didn't we all think of that? Thanks.

#114721 - 12/27/07 03:55 AM Re: Poll: Do you change your villagers' name? [Re: cattales]
Whimsey Offline
Expert

Loc: New Hampshire, USA
I change names most of the time, til the village gets so big Irun out of names! & imagination. I have 2 new villages (I love starting out best) & I name them according to how they look. I have a Sven, a Marina--haven't thought of a good name for the girl with white hair, she looks so Norwegian. They all have last names, too, but sometimes I give the kiddies their mothers surname, if its in danger of disappearing when there are no more men with that name.

#118299 - 02/02/08 09:37 PM Re: Poll: Virtual Villagers Names [Re: Andante]
SupernaturalJem Offline
Expert

Yeah if I get duplicate names, I have to change one. I had a 5 or 6 yr old girl named Ebi and when another baby got 2 yrs old, her name was Ebi, so I changed it. And I change some that sound weird to me. I had one boy named Top. I changed that one. That's just too weird LOL. And I had a girl named Coral, so I took off the L... then later one of the babies was named Kora, so I had to change that LOL. I had one boy named Kayak. I thought, okay, that's just too weird... what's next a boy named Yacht? So, I changed his name to Kamden (its all I could think of at the time LOL). Then later on, another boy baby was named Kayak... so I changed it to Kyle I think it was LOL. One girl was named Topa which is okay I guess, but I changed it to Topaz lol.

#118432 - 02/04/08 02:52 PM Re: Poll: Virtual Villagers Names [Re: SupernaturalJem]
Gamemastr1 Offline
Graphics Wizard

For the most part I do not change the names of my villagers. I have had a tribe going since I bought the game so they are self-sufficient. I do, however, change the names when I feel the urge. As I stated in a previous post in this poll, I went through and renamed all my villagers a unique mexican food/dish. I had Enchilada and Burrito. They mated and had a Taco. Well, this time I think I will try and name all my villagers names from Disney cartoons. I will have (Steamboat) Willie, I will have Mortimer, Huey, Duey, and Louis. I am going to use the names of the mice in Cinderella, and the Chip and Luminere from Beauty and the Beast. Boy, the list can go on. I shouldn't run out of names too quickly.

#118486 - 02/05/08 01:55 AM Re: Poll: Virtual Villagers Names [Re: Gamemastr1]
Houjun Offline
Consigliere

For the most part, I only change the names if I have multiple of the same name. For example, if I have a 58-year old Hula and I have a 15-year old Hula, I tend to change the 15-year old's name to Hula II. If it's a male, I change it to the name with Jr. after it or III if I have three of them. And then I just continue with that genre of naming, sometimes arriving at IV or V or futher if I remember to check for multiple names. ;\) Other than that, I don't change the name.

Track your currency.

If you like brainteasers, you might like Braingle.

#118841 - 02/08/08 05:20 AM Re: Poll: Virtual Villagers Names [Re: Houjun]
SupernaturalJem Offline
Expert

I had one villager that had the name Nanu. I nearly busted out laughing when I saw that one. All I could think of was Mork on Mork and Mindy saying "nanu nanu" all the time LOL. I left that name alone though cause I thought it was funny/cute. But, just recently, one of the 2 yr old girls was named Papa LOL, so of course I had to change that one!

#118854 - 02/08/08 09:10 AM Re: Poll: Virtual Villagers Names [Re: SupernaturalJem]
AndreaD Offline
Trainee

in vv1 I've been trying to keep track of how many total villagers I've had in my villager with each name by sticking numbers on the end, we'll see how long THAT lasts. Other then that I don't change names, except for the Golden Child who is currently named Lobsang but may be named something less polite the next time I'm in a bad mood.

In vv2 I've been combining the parents names to make a new name.

#118923 - 02/08/08 09:57 PM Re: Poll: Virtual Villagers Names [Re: AndreaD]
SupernaturalJem Offline
Expert

I've done the name combining a couple of times too. I have a couple who are named Mabu and Taia and one of their daughters is named Maia. \:\)

#119137 - 02/10/08 03:28 AM Re: Poll: Virtual Villagers Names [Re: SupernaturalJem]
SupernaturalJem Offline
Expert

Strange... It wouldn't give me the edit button for my last post. Anyway, just wanted to say that I just had a new little villager who was named Nono. LOL. I quickly changed that. Nono is a no-no name! LOL!

Page 21 of 30 < 1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 29 30 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter