Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 282 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
chuusu, Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12
30713 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30713 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#105081 - 10/25/07 10:50 PM Re: Virtual Seed Tray News - Soil/Water Button [Re: Bec]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

Loc: Maryland, USA
Originally Posted By: Bec
can we have both open when we do the soil/water feature?
you cannot have the game in which you want to soil/water your pots actively running. the safest thing to do is to exit PT altogether. I have not tested it (someone please test it?), but it may also be possible to just switch to a different game in plant tycoon, do the soil/water thing in VST, then switch back to your game in plant tycoon.

the real danger is not the soil/water button. By the way, you do not and should not press SAVE after pressing SOIL/WATER. The Save button is to save your seed transfers.

So are there any real dangers? Only one. Having your active game running in plant tycoon, then in VST accidently moving seeds, and then pressing save. 100% of the time, that will cause a permanent loss of the virtual seed tray and all the seeds that were in it.

pressing the soil/water button theoretically cannot hurt anything. the worst that should be able to happen if you forget to switch to another game or exit plant tycoon, is that the pots won't get soil/watered.

so far no one has lost any seeds to my knowledge. but sooner or later someone will accidently do the one thing that will automatically invalidate the virtual tray and all the seeds in it. So to repeat, this is what you want to avoid doing: have the active game running, move seeds in VST, and then press save. That automatically invalidates the virtual tray and all the seeds in it. Don't do that. It is bad. \:\)

#105082 - 10/25/07 10:52 PM Re: Virtual Seed Tray News - Soil/Water Button [Re: Geshem]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

Originally Posted By: Geshem
Hi Borg,I'm new to plant tycoon. I would like to thank you very much for your latest version of VST. It helps a lot.
Glad you like VST \:\) and welcome to plant tycoon/LDW \:\)

#105083 - 10/25/07 10:53 PM Re: Virtual Seed Tray News - Soil/Water Button [Re: Jazzo]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

Originally Posted By: Jazzo
Awesome, this is what I need a lot, I can't wait for the mac version
Not having a mac makes this hard for me, but LadyCFII tells me not to give up hope \:\)

#105159 - 10/26/07 09:52 AM Re: Virtual Seed Tray News - Soil/Water Button [Re: Borg]
laurence Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Paris, France
I have sent this PM to Borg and, looking at his reply, I decide to share it:

" I already have the version with the charts and used it (and enjoyed it). I now have in the VST more seeds than the game came support. What could happen if I download the new version with mutations and other information? I'm a little bit worry about what could happen to the "virtual seeds" I already have in the "Virtual Tray Seeds" box. And what happens if I put all of them in the "Plant Tycoon Save Game Seeds" box considering that I have more seeds that the game itself can support? (Without opening the game, of course)
Thanks again for your helpful works!"

Originally Posted By: Borg
1. the latest version and the version that you have are compatible with regards to the seeds in your virtual tray box. no worries. your seeds are safe and won't be lost.

2. there is no limit to the number of seeds that you can save in the virtual tray (the one on the left). I have over a thousand seeds in my virtual seed tray. the utility knows what level of seed tray you have in the game also so that for the tray on the right, which is your plant tycoon tray, the limit is 40 seeds if you have seed tray level 1, 80 seeds if you have seed tray upgraded to level 2, and 120 seeds if you have upgraded to level 3 of the seed trays.

Cheers,
Borg

Edited by laurence (10/26/07 09:53 AM)

#105186 - 10/26/07 02:34 PM Re: Virtual Seed Tray News - Soil/Water Button [Re: laurence]
PlantPat Offline
Consigliere

Loc: France
Dearest Borg!!!!!!!! Since you seem to be exploding with new ideas all the time and making them available lickitysplit style - is there any way to have just the quantity of each seed in the VST instead of having to scroll thru the thousands of seeds to come to the one desired? HUMM? I can see the wheels a churnnin' folks! He is onto it!

PS: Borg, what do you do in your SPARE time? ..actually play the game?

#105197 - 10/26/07 03:40 PM Re: Virtual Seed Tray News - Soil/Water Button [Re: PlantPat]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
We discussed that during the "testing and tweaking" phase of VST development, and decided that it would be simpler (and easier to understand for everyone) if each seed was listed separately. We were trying to make sure that everyone would be able to understand how to use VST. It also tends to discourage people from "hoarding" seeds unnecessarily.

#105208 - 10/26/07 04:21 PM Re: Virtual Seed Tray News - Soil/Water Button [Re: Jazzo]
lp7p Offline
Expert

Loc: SE USA
Borg needs a MAC to develop this program. Maybe you can start a GET BORG A MAC Fund.

We are BORG, you must comply......

lp "seven" of p

Edited by lp7p (10/26/07 04:22 PM)

#105209 - 10/26/07 04:58 PM Re: Virtual Seed Tray News - Soil/Water Button [Re: lp7p]
Deathwing Offline
Master

Loc: GaiaOnline, DW_08 ^^
Originally Posted By: lp7p
Borg needs a MAC to develop this program. Maybe you can start a GET BORG A MAC Fund.

We are BORG, you must comply......

lp "seven" of p

I agree, with that, or just another (newer) computer. lol

My Pets home

#105210 - 10/26/07 05:01 PM Re: Virtual Seed Tray News - Soil/Water Button [Re: Deathwing]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
A newer computer won't help produce a Mac version, unless the new computer is a Mac.

I have lots of Macs and the ability to produce a Mac version. What I don't have is time right now. \:\(

Edited by LadyCFII (10/26/07 05:02 PM)

#105221 - 10/26/07 05:24 PM Re: Virtual Seed Tray News - Soil/Water Button [Re: LadyCFII]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
I've an idea. Why doesn't every user who's got a Mac install Boot Camp (I think that's the name) then install Windows? They could then run the Windows version of the game with VST. \:D

Yes, I know it wouldn't work for those without Intel Macs ... ;\)

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter