Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 253 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
chuusu, Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12
30713 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30713 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 5 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 >
Topic Options
#103671 - 10/18/07 10:48 PM Re: Teaser! Virtual Seed Tray Utility [Re: Funkiroller]
MamaSheets Offline

Loc: Ohio
LadyCFII,
Will this be in the newsletter? This will be a big help especially for those of us who are cross pollunating trying to find the magic plants.
This is truly exciting news. Thank you so much.

#103673 - 10/18/07 11:01 PM Re: Teaser! Virtual Seed Tray Utility [Re: MamaSheets]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
We don't usually put anything in the newsletter that isn't an official LDW offering. The Virtual Seed Tray is entirely Borg's creation, not something sponsored by LDW, although I am helping him test it and making suggestions along the way. It will be announced here when it's ready, and then placed in the Guides section, where everyone who wants it can download it.

#103687 - 10/19/07 02:27 AM Re: Teaser! Virtual Seed Tray Utility [Re: Borg]
tekylady Offline

Is this for real? How do you order? I want one.

#103688 - 10/19/07 02:30 AM Re: Teaser! Virtual Seed Tray Utility [Re: tekylady]
Unicorn

Read my post just above yours, which tells how we will make it available. \:\)

#103689 - 10/19/07 02:35 AM Re: Teaser! Virtual Seed Tray Utility [Re: LadyCFII]
tekylady Offline

I'd be willing to test. How do you sign up for it?

#103690 - 10/19/07 02:46 AM Re: Teaser! Virtual Seed Tray Utility [Re: tekylady]
Snickers Offline

Loc: the dungeon
I will test also if given that choice!

#103698 - 10/19/07 06:58 AM Re: Teaser! Virtual Seed Tray Utility [Re: LadyCFII]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

Loc: Maryland, USA
Originally Posted By: LadyCFII
We don't usually put anything in the newsletter that isn't an official LDW offering.
Awwwww! \:\( \:\) um, whats that? newsletter? there is a newsletter?

--------------------------
Virtual Seed Tray Update

The seeds that plant tycoon starts players with are a mystery until they are planted. They do not have pictures of their parent plants on the seed page to be able to figure out what they are. Similarly, store-bought seeds do not identify themselves to the world, they must be planted to know what they are. So to keep the identity of these seeds a mystery, these seeds are now only identified as "mystery seed" by the seed tray program. \:\)

Using the picture of the seed in plant tycoon and using sfrose's wonderful seed guide pictures, one can narrow down the mystery seed in plant tycoon to what the tier of the flower is, and what the foliage is. So the suggestion has been made, instead of calling all these seeds "mystery seed", call them "Tier I Reptans" or "Tier IV Ball Cactus" etc.

The suggestion has also been made to give the option of removing the parent lineage from all seeds or from only the seeds that have been checked off.

Another suggestion has been made that the user be given the option to turn off having the seeds sorted and then stored back to the game's seed tray.

if no bugs are found, i think the program is darn close to being released to everyone. \:\) thank you all so much for being patient!

#103714 - 10/19/07 11:53 AM Re: Teaser! Virtual Seed Tray Utility [Re: Borg]
Unicorn

Originally Posted By: Borg
Originally Posted By: LadyCFII
We don't usually put anything in the newsletter that isn't an official LDW offering.
Awwwww! \:\( \:\) um, whats that? newsletter? there is a newsletter?

Yep! There's an LDW Newsletter. You can sign up to receive it on our Main Web Page (in the lower left part of the page), and you can always find a link to the current newsletter in this thread. \:\)

It looks like the Virtual Seed Tray has surpassed the Tribe Selector in both the amount of work and in popularity.

#103717 - 10/19/07 01:49 PM Re: Teaser! Virtual Seed Tray Utility [Re: LadyCFII]
AtarahPern Offline
Consigliere

Loc: PA
Congrats again Borg on the new title. And don't worry about living up to it, you already have! The fact that you've done so on a 7 year old computer just blows my mind!
\:\)
Marcey

#103730 - 10/19/07 03:30 PM Re: Teaser! Virtual Seed Tray Utility [Re: AtarahPern]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

Loc: Maryland, USA
Originally Posted By: AtarahPern
Congrats again Borg on the new title. And don't worry about living up to it, you already have! The fact that you've done so on a 7 year old computer just blows my mind!
\:\)
Marcey
Thank you so much for the compliment!

Update

Charley and LadyCFII made some good suggestions. Some people like having all their seeds sorted. Some people have a system for keeping seeds, for example putting rare seeds in the bottom tray. So now there is an option for the program to NOT sort all your seeds when it moves seeds back and forth between the virtual tray and the game.

Here is a picture of the latest version.

If there are no bugs in the new changes I hope to release this very very soon! Thank you all for being patient!

Page 5 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter