Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 194 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 4 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 11 >
Topic Options
#103537 - 10/17/07 10:43 PM Re: Teaser! Virtual Seed Tray Utility [Re: lp7p]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
No, it hasn't been released yet. Borg and I are still working on tweaking and testing it. \:\)

#103542 - 10/17/07 11:25 PM Re: Teaser! Virtual Seed Tray Utility [Re: LadyCFII]
QuickStorm Offline
Legend

Loc: America's Birthplace
Barbara, we always value your opinion -- because it is usually right on target.

#103549 - 10/18/07 12:31 AM Re: Teaser! Virtual Seed Tray Utility [Re: LadyCFII]
Algorithm Offline
Trainee

Loc: maryland
Originally Posted By: LadyCFII
For everyone who is worried about this being a way to cheat, here are some things to think about:

-It only stores seeds that the player already has
-It doesn't give players seeds that they haven't already discovered or purchased
-It doesn't reveal any more information than what is already available from the many breeding charts and the forums
-It is being designed so that seeds can be stored and retrieved only by the player slot that created them. Trying to use them with a different game/player slot will delete the Virtual Seed Tray and it will be gone....
  • Awwww.. what fun is that? \:\)
  • And how much for a version that does let you do all those things? \:\)

#103570 - 10/18/07 05:06 AM Re: Teaser! Virtual Seed Tray Utility [Re: Borg]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

Loc: Maryland, USA
Virtual Seed Tray Update

• I may be wrong, but I think this utility is very very close to being released** ! yay!
  • So far, no bugs have been found during beta-testing!
  • Checkbox toggles and a remove-lineage button have been added!
  • security issues have been re-addressed to ensure the program cannot be used for cheating! (*waves* at Charley \:\) )
** The fine print:

LadyCFII has done a tremendous job beta-testing and offering suggestions. I believe very soon the next phase will be to offer the program to a very small group of professional beta-testers   a moderate number of computer literate individuals  anyone who is breathing and willing to beta-test it, with the understanding that large scale testing has not been done yet.

what this means is there is a very small possibility of losing seeds or even a saved game I suppose. i want everyone to know that that has not happened in beta-testing so far, but that does not mean it could not happen.

So to be clear, I repeat, I want everyone to know up front that since this has not been tested on a widespread basis, the potential does exists for unseen, unexpected errors.

Before you decide to download this utility and use it, know that you are using it "at your own risk." If you do not wish to accept this risk, you may wish to wait several weeks or months during which time, should errors be uncovered by other beta-testers, they will be corrected.

If you DO decide to beta-test the utility, be sure to make backup copies of all of your plant tycoon save games before you start. Instructions for making backup copies of your plant tycoon save games can be found in the guide section HERE.

Warm Regards to All,
-Borg

PS: I almost forgot! A big thank you to LadyCFII for my new title! I only hope I can live up to it! \:\)

#103572 - 10/18/07 06:11 AM Re: Teaser! Virtual Seed Tray Utility [Re: Borg]
danielley Offline

i'm totally down to beta-test!

i didn't do very smart breeding so far so even if i DID lose my game i wouldn't care much.. ;\)

i'm justing waiting for it to be available!

#103574 - 10/18/07 06:20 AM Re: Teaser! Virtual Seed Tray Utility [Re: Borg]
Deathwing Offline
Master

Loc: GaiaOnline, DW_08 ^^
Have sent both Borg and LadyCFII a PM, asking to be a tester. I am willing to give up an older game I have, on USB to help in the greater good of Plant Tycoon. I also would like to thank Borg and LadyCFII for addressing Charley's concerns. \:\)

Thank you for your time Borg.

Edited by Deathwing (10/18/07 06:35 AM)

My Pets home

#103600 - 10/18/07 01:32 PM Re: Teaser! Virtual Seed Tray Utility [Re: Deathwing]
lp7p Offline
Expert

Loc: SE USA
Since we are "BORG", we should have known about this utility the moment borg thought of it.

lp "seven" of p

#103611 - 10/18/07 02:08 PM Re: Teaser! Virtual Seed Tray Utility [Re: lp7p]
begonia54 Offline

Loc: NY
I would definitely be interested in trying out the Virtual Seed Tray. As a Mac user, I appreciate all your efforts in trying to make this utility work. I love this game and the best is when you discover something new. The charts have been great but I have enjoyed discovering them on my own. I had stopped playing this weekend, once I had started getting into the Tier 4 level of plants. I found it to be more stressful in deciding what to keep or not and decided not to deal with it. I figured I'd wait till either there was an update to the game. So I thank you and look forward to trying this out when it is available.

#103657 - 10/18/07 10:06 PM Re: Teaser! Virtual Seed Tray Utility [Re: Borg]
TennesseeShar56 Offline

I AM ALL FOR THE EXTRA TRAY SPACE, I AM NEW TO THIS FORUM COULD YOU PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO GET THE PROGRAM YOU HAVE FOR FREE FOR THE SEED TRAYS??

TY TY TY TENNESSEESHAR56

#103660 - 10/18/07 10:21 PM Re: Teaser! Virtual Seed Tray Utility [Re: TennesseeShar56]
sherri Offline
Adviser

It isn't available yet as it's still being tested.

Page 4 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 11 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter