Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 174 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
chuusu, Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12
30713 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30713 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#235417 - 06/28/13 05:50 AM Has anyone else seen this with their families?
Thandi Offline
Expert

Loc: Gallifrey
I thought I have played this game long enough to have seen everything, my family threw a few surprises my way today. There are some things I've never seen before and wonder if it's normal.

1. My adoptee, Bonny, adopted a boy and a girl before marriage. Her kids were both 8 years old when she got married and the little boy got flowers for his sister who baked a cake? So both the parents and the children celebrated the marriage. It seemed strange because the kids are brother and sister.

2. Bonny bought diapers online, another new action I haven't seen before.

3. My 18year old girl drank a cocktail that she mixed herself. So is the drinking age 18 in their world?

I guess you learn something new everyday.

#235422 - 06/28/13 08:56 AM Re: Has anyone else seen this with their families? [Re: Thandi]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
I've not seen the first action you mention, but it sounds cute. So far all my peeps have married before adopting any kids.

I've seen the other two actions a few times. It does seem that 18 is the age when the peeps become adult. They also show a preference for whether they want kids or not when they turn 18 so theoretically I suppose they could have them.

I'm from the UK where the legal drinking age is 18 anyway, so it doesn't seem odd to me. In any case, they are drinking at home, rather than in a bar, so the law doesn't really apply, at least in my country.

#235486 - 06/30/13 05:03 AM Re: Has anyone else seen this with their families? [Re: arnie]
Thandi Offline
Expert

I would have also found it cute if they were doing it for the parents... I'd like to believe they were. judge for yourself smile

I guess even in virtual USA. the drinking age is on par with the rest of the world smile

Attachments
childrenmarriage2.jpg

#235732 - 07/13/13 05:45 PM Re: Has anyone else seen this with their families? [Re: Thandi]
Thandi Offline
Expert

I think that my woman, Fabila, is some kind of lizard alien... she just had a baby entirely by herself with no help from the dad. He was still climbing the first set of stairs to get to the bedroom at the back end of the house when she popped a baby. I know it's a speed thing but technically she conceived a baby by herself crazy

Attachments
baby alone.jpg

#235743 - 07/15/13 01:46 PM Re: Has anyone else seen this with their families? [Re: Thandi]
Deanne Offline

Loc: workington uk
something very similar just happened to me. Rachael was stood on the sofa on her own and simon was in the kitchen and she now has a new baby?

#235989 - 08/10/13 12:51 AM Re: Has anyone else seen this with their families? [Re: Deanne]
VV3 girl123 Offline
Consigliere

Loc: The Wild West
Lol, a weird thing happened when I opened up the game today, so the mom, dad, and kid were all going to naTure is calling, so I broke then up, and then the dad just looked at me and shook his head lol

#236162 - 08/30/13 02:01 AM Re: Has anyone else seen this with their families? [Re: Thandi]
SparkleGeekGirl Offline
Trainee

Originally Posted By: Thandi
1. My adoptee, Bonny, adopted a boy and a girl before marriage. Her kids were both 8 years old when she got married and the little boy got flowers for his sister who baked a cake? So both the parents and the children celebrated the marriage. It seemed strange because the kids are brother and sister.

I just had that happen on my PC version. The new generation adopted a little girl before I found a good wife for him and when I did, she ran to the fridge and pulled out a cake while the bride grabbed a pizza. (They were celebrating together, I guess! smile )

#236801 - 01/09/14 03:54 AM Re: Has anyone else seen this with their families? [Re: SparkleGeekGirl]
Marzen Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
I'm back at VF. When I saw new version in Market I had to try it out and now I'm on my 5th generation.

This one is new for me and I can't seem to find mention of it anywhere else so far. Husband and wife both work in the office. Every now and them they will go to different items, like the air purifier or some other electrical unit and make a sound like they are clicking it's switch. Then they look at me and shake their head. A few times they have quit working after this but not always, and there is nothing showing up in the caption box beneath them to indicate what's going on. Seems like a power outage of some sort, the router is online and working. Any ideas?

#236802 - 01/09/14 06:20 AM Re: Has anyone else seen this with their families? [Re: Marzen]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
When additional careers items are bought the peeps will extend their work routines to include using some of them. Often they appear to click a switch. They normally will carry on with the routine, but will occasionally fail. I don't think that what you are seeing is unusual.

#236803 - 01/09/14 02:26 PM Re: Has anyone else seen this with their families? [Re: arnie]
Marzen Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
Thank you Arnie.

Smileys
Arthur on Twitter