Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 193 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
chuusu, Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12
30713 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30713 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#227822 - 01/17/11 05:49 PM Frustrated with Collections!!!!!!!!!!!!
jsweeney Offline

Loc: Tucson
I really like the new VV with the heathens. However, I'm even more frustrated with the collections than ever. I've changed the image so that the items appear with a large white border - I can spot them easily enough. But I have never been able to complete a collection. I've gotten two tribes through all puzzles. My current tribe lack 4 scientific and 7 relics. All I have left to do is sit and watch for collectibles. A rare one finally showed up and a LOST IT because of the heathens! I work full time. I can spend maybe an hour a day if I'm lucky. I am really irritated that all I have left to do is stare at the game hoping another collectible will appear. You need to program it so they are easier to get. Or, what about the ability to buy one with tech points if all puzzles are complete?

#227823 - 01/17/11 05:53 PM Re: Frustrated with Collections!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: jsweeney]
smjjames Offline
Expert

The adult heathens are generally not a problem, but when you see a rare relic, use the butterflies to distract the rascal elsewhere.

#227824 - 01/17/11 06:05 PM Re: Frustrated with Collections!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: smjjames]
jsweeney Offline

Loc: Tucson
It's not always the rascal. The heathens were coming back down after a rain. I have 90 villagers. Because of the number of villagers, the heathens get pulled into the central area fairly easily, but it's hard to get all the villagers out of the way so I can "kite" the heathens out of the way.

#227884 - 01/18/11 07:07 AM Re: Frustrated with Collections!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: jsweeney]
Rockmower Moderator Offline
Master Poet

Loc: The Beautiful Ozarks
Boy do I ever share your frustration over collectibles! It can be so very demanding to endlessly scan the map trying to find that last one!

I really liked in VV3, the chief could point out rares, after reaching a certain point in the game.

Avvie by Airstream Raider
Where have all the Fan Fiction Fans gone?
(I miss Laurence cry)
I miss my wife cry

#227885 - 01/18/11 08:03 AM Re: Frustrated with Collections!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Rockmower]
Tuna Puzzler Offline
Consigliere

Loc: CA, USA
I'm just glad the collectibles only show up in the center of the map. It's easier than having to look all over the place like in the other games.

Anyway, after you get your last power you'll find all those uncommon and rare collectibles, so don't worry too much about the ones that get lost.

I've completed collections in two tribes now, without playing any of them more than an hour a day. I have 5 tribes going at once, so there's no way I can spend that much time with any tribe.

Rockmower, I think it's a lot better in VV5 than in VV3, since in VV3 the chief could only point out a collectible once per 24 hours.

#227892 - 01/18/11 12:20 PM Re: Frustrated with Collections!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Tuna Puzzler]
PollyMT Offline
Adviser

Putting a couple of elders in front of the heathens usually keeps them busy . . .

I am on my last science item and have about 4 relics.

I am closer than I have ever been I think - with less game play.

Actually, I usually send my children to collect everything whether I have it or not. I would like to see how many of each item I have like the mushrooms. It would make all that effort seem worth it!

Edited by PollyMT (01/18/11 12:22 PM)

#227924 - 01/19/11 02:34 AM Re: Frustrated with Collections!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: PollyMT]
VVCX Offline
Expert

For mwe collectables appear from near waterfall up to near hydrofonic farm and also near research lab so quite much area to check.

#228199 - 01/30/11 04:27 AM Re: Frustrated with Collections!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: VVCX]
elizaew Offline

Dear Tuna Puzzler - you made the following statement above and I am amazed!

"Anyway, after you get your last power you'll find all those uncommon and rare collectibles, so don't worry too much about the ones that get lost."

Are you saying that what powers you have relate to what collectibles show up? I've had earthquake power forever and am still not finding all the collectibles. Am I supposed to do something with it besides impress and convert heathens?

#228230 - 01/30/11 10:22 PM Re: Frustrated with Collections!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: elizaew]
Ldyma Offline

Similar Question here, I still need 4 science collectbles and never see them...will have 3 or 4 older ones pop up fast but nothing new. I have all God powers, all Puzzles solved and a Pop of 96. Any Suggestions?

Edited by Ldyma (01/30/11 10:23 PM)
Edit Reason: Error

#228231 - 01/30/11 10:28 PM Re: Frustrated with Collections!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: jsweeney]
Ldyma Offline

Someone ages ago sent me the file to replace the collectibles in the older VV versions...(I am not savvy enough to create my own!) Would you be willing to share your re-colored collectbles? Email: Ldyma@aol.com Or just post it for others? I may be missing my last ones duetopoor eyesight and too many wee ones smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter