Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 180 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
chuusu, Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12
30713 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30713 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#17741 - 02/01/06 02:25 PM [CONTAINS SPOILER] Running More Than One Game! :)
GrammaBobbie Offline
Consigliere

Loc: NW Indiana
Okay, this probably won't thrill many folks, but I'm ecstatic at the moment! I just risked my games to see if I can run too games at a time on the same Windows XP account, and it "SEEMS" to be working!

I know my way around computers, so I'm not recommending this to anyone who would need more instructions than I'm giving here, and I can't guarantee that it will work, so don't try it unless you are willing to go "DUH!!!!! It didn't work!!!!!!!!!!".

I just created a new fish Tycoons folder in my programs, by copying the old one and pasting the new copy back in. Now I can run either game, out of either folder, and they each use the games files in their own folders!!!

As a test, I deleted one of the five tank systems in the new game, and started it over. I totally closed that game out so the babies can grow, and opened my normal game, and it's just as it was before I did anything! COOL! Now I have 10 games! I'm going to run one game just in the beginning stage to research fish, and one in the second level to research. My oh my .......... is their a secret addictive subliminal signal coming out of this game that has taken over my brain?????????

Again, I'm not recommending this method as I'm not sure it's safe for everyone, but for me ............ YIPPEEEEEEE!

I've got my fingers crossed that I won't have to update this entry with a 'OOPS......... I goofed!!!!!!!!!!!!' post!

Edited by ladycfii (02/11/06 10:54 AM)

#17742 - 02/03/06 04:10 PM Re: Running More Than One Game! :)
goldens4 Offline

LOL! I haven't done that yet but I am playing all five games on one.

Only problem is, I forget what I have where.

#17743 - 02/11/06 03:23 AM Re: Running More Than One Game! :)
betta_gal Offline

*giggles under her breath*

Maybie Next time when you go start up your game :
Go to menu and look in the bottom right hand corner!!
IT SAYS "CHANGE PLAYER"!!!

You can create 5 diff players and if you are smart you can edit a certain file to create more players.

NOTE: Editing your Game files is strongly NOT RECOMMENDED!!
Only if you know what you are doing in editing those files!

#17744 - 02/11/06 03:42 AM Re: Running More Than One Game! :)
betta_gal Offline

Here are some useful images:

PICTURES ARE FROM: CARLA

Edited by betta_gal (02/11/06 03:43 AM)

#17745 - 02/11/06 04:01 AM [SPOILER] Re: Running More Than One Game! :)
CaraBeans22 Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Central CT
That seems so cool! Even w/ 5 tanks running @ the same time. You get bored when they are all pregnate at the same time. Seriously, If I tried to do that....I would loose all my tanks! If anything happened to my golden grouper....I'd cry! I dont know why I love that ugly fish so much. I think it's b/c I lost so many while waiting for the fish environment to finish. I really lucked out though, once I learned how to make the magical speckled leaffish- I sold all of my other fish bred as many as my 3 tanks would hold then sold all but 10 of them and did it again!

Oh, I bought the rare fish eggs to replenish my breeding stock. Would you believe I got 4 fatfish, great use of 1200 bucks

Edited by ladycfii (02/11/06 10:52 AM)

#17746 - 02/11/06 04:16 AM Re: Running More Than One Game! :)
GrammaBobbie Offline
Consigliere

Loc: NW Indiana
I have 15 games on my computer now! ........ What I've been doing is playing a game to where I have tanks I really enjoy looking at ... then stopping it and going on to another one. But I keep a log of where I'm at in what game! It DOES get confusing at times!

It's so hard to sell the ones you really like!

Since the program runs from the files in it's own folder, as long as the folders have seperate names everything is fine.

I swore to hubby that when I won that last game I'd stop for they day...... and I did. I'm not playing the game. Being on the forum for it doesn't count..... does it?????

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter