Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 240 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Pearl8520, chuusu, Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty
30714 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30714 Members
76 Forums
19383 Topics
186937 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#219560 - 03/07/10 08:29 PM Help with food
fawkes'_mom Offline

Loc: nova scotia, canada
Hi,

I have a problem with food frown I have 2 people cooking the fruit in the fire and my tribe is only 8 people. But, by the time they are back at the tree again all the food is gone. I put another person on it but then it only goes up to 18 food and back down from there. Never any more! Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? Please help!

#219568 - 03/07/10 09:30 PM Re: Help with food [Re: fawkes'_mom]
laurence Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Paris, France
No, I don't think it's a bug. confused

Maybe you could look at the Menu/ Options and put your tribe in slow speed, so they'll eat less.
Also, I think that the blackberries produce more food point than the cooked fruit, you may put one of your villagers on this bush.
And carefully, have a look on the mushrooms that your kids may pick up, it's a very good manner to increase the food.
_

Edit: As the topics about food are mixed with the topics about stews, crazy (even if it's not exactly the same,) it's difficult to find hints in this Question about stew. [SPOILERS] but with patience you may search in thees 9 pages! smirk
I think you also may look on this thread: Questions about Puzzle #12 (contains spoilers)

Good Luck!! grin

Edited by laurence (03/07/10 09:47 PM)

#219570 - 03/07/10 09:40 PM Re: Help with food [Re: laurence]
fawkes'_mom Offline

Thank you. I have it on fast right now trying to get my oldest kid to be 12 so he can start working. I will put it back to slow until some food is built up. The blackberry bush is pretty depleted right now so I am just looking for mushrooms and hoping they get enough cooked fruit.

Also, the stream is getting clogged with debris so much that I have to keep one of my people there all the time clearing it, does that sound about right? Is it because I have the game set on fast?

Thanks!

#219571 - 03/07/10 09:44 PM Re: Help with food [Re: fawkes'_mom]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
The stream will get clogged up a lot slower if you set the speed to slow or medium speed. As Laurence says, they'll eat a lot less food on a slower speed as well.

#219576 - 03/07/10 09:59 PM Re: Help with food [Re: arnie]
cnm Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Sunnyvale, CA
They have to be age 14 to work, as far as I know.

#219635 - 03/08/10 03:50 AM Re: Help with food [Re: cnm]
fawkes'_mom Offline

I know about the age now since he has turned 12 and he wouldn't work blush Haha! I forgot what age they started to work.

I have it set to slow now and I never have more than 18 or so food. I have 8 people. Also, they don't seem to be getting food or clearing the stream when I have the game closed. frown

The food just never seems to go up. I don't get it. Poor people are starving.

#219637 - 03/08/10 04:20 AM Re: Help with food [Re: fawkes'_mom]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
In the early stages of the game, before you have some helpful tech levels, it can take as many as 1/3 of your villagers harvesting food in order to keep them from starving. Kids eat as much as adults do. And, if any farmers get sick, the food levels will plummet. The cooked fruit does not provide as much food as the other food sources, even though it doesn't run out.

#219656 - 03/08/10 07:35 AM Re: Help with food [Re: LadyCFII]
Dinky Offline

I had a new tribe population 8, food got down to 6!! Didn't think I could save them. But, I really watched for the mushrooms and gathered all of them. Between those and the berries, I made it! You can do it,you just have to constantly scan for shrooms for a while.. I had to spend my first tech points on food. But, it saved the day! Good luck.

#219754 - 03/09/10 06:19 PM Re: Help with food [Re: Dinky]
fawkes'_mom Offline

I finally got the fishing nets done smile Now we have more food. Thank goodness!

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter