Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 194 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#203913 - 07/17/09 08:45 PM mod help
littlewindbird Offline
Consigliere

Loc: kansas
Im not sure if i am posting this in the right section. if not, i aplogize. I have been working on my little peeps homes and i ran into a problem. When i modify any of the maps and then put them into the image folder, there seems to be a white line that goes across the screen. Could someone tell me how to fix this please?

Attachments
line.jpg

#203914 - 07/17/09 08:48 PM Re: mod help [Re: littlewindbird]
Lyssaria Offline
Legend

Loc: Suburban Isola
Try zooming in on the files you're trying to put into your room and check if there is a white line at the bottom. From what I can see, the house looks beautiful smile If there is a white line, you'll have to patch over it using the original map files and edits.

There's actually a new section for mod topics here!

#203925 - 07/17/09 09:18 PM Re: mod help [Re: Lyssaria]
Lewanda Offline
Legend

Loc: Ky
Your house looks really really nice littlewindbird. The white line is there because you didn't have your image maps lined up just right. Then when you selected it and copied merged files it copied it compresses all the layers together ADDING that white line where there was a jap between your maps. I hope I didn't make this too hard for you to understand.

#203927 - 07/17/09 09:24 PM Re: mod help [Re: Lewanda]
littlewindbird Offline
Consigliere

Originally Posted By: Lewanda
Your house looks really really nice littlewindbird. The white line is there because you didn't have your image maps lined up just right. Then when you selected it and copied merged files it copied it compresses all the layers together ADDING that white line where there was a jap between your maps. I hope I didn't make this too hard for you to understand.

Aww thanks. blush i understand what your saying. How would i fix it?

#203929 - 07/17/09 09:36 PM Re: mod help [Re: littlewindbird]
Lewanda Offline
Legend

If you kept your layers go back to them and straighten your maps then resave them. If you didn't keep them make a new image map / copy your mod files over top of them on a new layer. / Fix the edge of the one that is messed up. / Then select the orginal maps on your image map and copy merge. This should fix the white line.

#203936 - 07/17/09 09:58 PM Re: mod help [Re: Lewanda]
littlewindbird Offline
Consigliere

Originally Posted By: Lewanda
If you kept your layers go back to them and straighten your maps then resave them. If you didn't keep them make a new image map / copy your mod files over top of them on a new layer. / Fix the edge of the one that is messed up. / Then select the orginal maps on your image map and copy merge. This should fix the white line.

Thank you so much. I tried that and it worked. When i was saving my mods, i noticed they were a bit smaller then the orig, and wondered how that was going to effect the game. It worked, so no more lines! Thanks again for you help

#203939 - 07/17/09 10:05 PM Re: mod help [Re: littlewindbird]
Lyssaria Offline
Legend

Loc: Suburban Isola
Oopsy, I was going to suggest the maps were smaller than the original if you didn't have any white lines patched noticeably on top of your edits. I'm glad you were able to get it fixed up!

#203940 - 07/17/09 10:08 PM Re: mod help [Re: littlewindbird]
Lewanda Offline
Legend

COOL! smile I'm glad to help anytime I can Sweetie.

#203959 - 07/18/09 12:24 AM Re: mod help [Re: Lyssaria]
littlewindbird Offline
Consigliere

Originally Posted By: Lyssaria
Oopsy, I was going to suggest the maps were smaller than the original if you didn't have any white lines patched noticeably on top of your edits. I'm glad you were able to get it fixed up!

Thank you for your help to. I was pasting the new ones on top of the origanal ones and I could see the white line on the new ones. I couldnt see if it was by itself, but they were there

#204015 - 07/18/09 06:11 AM Re: mod help [Re: littlewindbird]
littlewindbird Offline
Consigliere

I seem to be having another problem. I got the first section to finally line up, but i cannot get the bedroom section to line up without making everything else crooked. Is there some way to auto-align the first and second layer so it comes out right? I have been sitting here for hours moving it a little one way, putting it in the image folder, logging on to the game to see how it looks only to find out its not lined up, so i log out and do it all over again and again. frown I just cant seem to make it work. if I get it lined up with the coffee table in the living room, then the closet and small section of the bathroom is off, and vise-versa. Please help!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter