Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 195 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
chuusu, Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12
30713 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30713 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#237235 - 06/05/14 01:04 AM a glitch with a sock
peckmon4 Offline

This morning I put one little person on a sock and he picked it up and did what he was supposed to do. Right after that I picked up another little person and put them on a sock in the blue room and a notice popped up on the screen with an arrow pointing to the washer saying that something is in the way and has to be moved first. I took a screen shot of it it can't post that here. I've picked up other socks since this morning and they all get put in the wash but I try to pick up that one in the blue room and I get the same error message saying there's something in the way. What's up with that and how do I fix it or do I have to live with one sock on the floor?

#237236 - 06/05/14 01:42 PM Re: a glitch with a sock [Re: peckmon4]
peckmon4 Offline

Update: picked up a sock in the office and little person took it to the washer. Tried again to pick up the sock in the blue room and again for the error message that something is in the way of the washer and task cannot be completed.

#237237 - 06/05/14 05:11 PM Re: a glitch with a sock [Re: peckmon4]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
Hi peckmon4. Your little people will not be able to take the sock from the blue room to the washer until they believe they have a "clear path," even if the path looks clear to us. The arrow points to the item that needs to be moved in order to provide the clear path. Open the Decor Tab, move the item (sometimes it just needs to be moved a tiny bit), close the Decor Tab and drop a little person on the sock again. If the message pops up again, move the item the arrow is pointing to. If it's the same item, move the item some more. smile

I'd love to see your screenshot. Instructions on how to post a screenshot are here. Instructions on using the File Manager is about 1/2 way through the post. Have fun with your little family!

#237238 - 06/06/14 02:08 AM Re: a glitch with a sock [Re: MissKathy]
peckmon4 Offline

Okay, I figured it out. Even though the arrow was pointing to the washer it was actually the flat screen tv in the way. I guess it was too high on the wall so it was in the hallway...go figure. Thanks for the help smile

Moderator:  MissKathy 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter