Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 172 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
chuusu, Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12
30713 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30713 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#234192 - 05/19/13 05:53 PM iOS Screenshots
vfam2player Offline
Expert

Loc: USA
How do you POST a screenshot on an iPod Touch?? I read the instructions but they didn't help! Do you just copy & paste it? I tried that but it didn't work. If you read one of the pages of this thread: Favorite Actions [POSSIBLE SPOILERS...] (I started the thread grin ) I ask how to do screenshots and whoever gave the link for the post on how to do it for iOS didn't help.

Thanks,

#234199 - 05/20/13 12:46 AM Re: iOS Screenshots [Re: vfam2player]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
LadyCFII posted the link, and at the bottom, it says:

Quote:
"To capture a screen shot on an iOS device (e.g. iPhone, iPad, iPod touch)

Simultaneously press the Home and Power buttons. If your sound isn't muted, you will hear a camera sound and the screen will flash. You can find the captured image in your Photos app on the device, where you can email it to yourself or use another application to share it."

Once you are ready to post it on the forums, you can upload it via the File Manager, as the middle of that same post says.

Quote:
"If you want to attach a file to your post, you must use the Reply or New Topic function, since the Quick Reply function will not provide access to the file manager. To attach a file to your post, click on File Manager in the Post Options section of the Posting Form, which will open the File Manager Screen. The file(s) you wish to attach can be added using the input field and the buttons. A simple way to specify the file name and location is to use the Choose File button and navigate to the desired file on your computer (in iOS select "Choose Existing"). Once the file name is displayed in the input field, click on the Add button to add that file to the File Manager. The file will be listed at the top of the File Manager page. To add more files, repeat the process for each additional file. As you add files, they will also be displayed at the top of the file Manager page. When you are finished attaching files, click the Done Adding Files button. You will be returned to your post, and the number of files that you added will be displayed next to the File Manager link. After you click Submit, the files will be listed as individual attachments at the bottom of your post. To display an attached picture in your post, you can click on the attachment link, copy the url from your browser, go back and edit your post and use the "Enter an image" button (3rd from the left) to paste the link to your picture into. When you click Change Post, the picture will be displayed in your post. "

That looks like everything you would need to post an iOS screenshot to the forums. smile
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#234208 - 05/20/13 08:22 AM Re: iOS Screenshots [Re: Xay]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
As an alternative to using the file manager you can upload it to an image hosting site such as Flickr or Photobucket. Then you can copy the address of the file and paste it into your post (using the Reply or New Topic function) using the IMG button (fourth from the left on the post toolbar).

#234566 - 05/27/13 09:32 PM Re: iOS Screenshots [Re: arnie]
vfam2player Offline
Expert

How do you sve a .JPEG file on iOS?

#234583 - 05/28/13 03:48 AM Re: iOS Screenshots [Re: vfam2player]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
You don't need a JPEG to upload to the forums. The .png files that are typically saved on mobile devices will attach here just fine.

#234587 - 05/28/13 09:09 AM Re: iOS Screenshots [Re: LadyCFII]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

If you particularly want to use a JPEG you'd probably have to transfer it to a laptop/desktop computer and then use an image editing program (such as Paint if using Windows) to save the file as a JPEG. There might be some downloadable app you can use on the iOS device, but I don't know of one offhand.

As Barbara says, PNG files work fine in the forum.

#235175 - 06/14/13 07:54 PM Re: iOS Screenshots [Re: arnie]
vfam2player Offline
Expert

A lightbulb just went off! My friend emailed me a picture. I checked my email on my computer. I right-clicked on it and it said, "Save image as..." so I have to email it to myself from iOS and then look at it on my computer then save it then put it on! laugh

#235233 - 06/17/13 10:49 AM Re: iOS Screenshots [Re: vfam2player]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

That's one way. I use Dropbox, a free app that allows you to sync between devices via the "Cloud". There are a number of similar apps that you can also use.

Moderator:  MissKathy 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter