Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 284 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Pearl8520, chuusu, Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty
30714 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30714 Members
76 Forums
19383 Topics
186937 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#225140 - 10/02/10 04:21 PM what to do with lonely dad :(
Geaven Offline

hi everyone, i'm very new to this forum and quite new to the virtual families game. the first peep i created died a few days ago, she kept getting sick and i kept healing her but she must have gotten sick again when i wasn't playing and when i ran the game the next night she had died frown

she and her husband had a son who has now gone off to college and it doesn't look as if he's coming back. so dad is now left alone in the house and he can't remarry since they've had a child so i'm wondering if i should just restart the game since it looks like i'm going to be stuck with just one peep confused

#225141 - 10/02/10 05:01 PM Re: what to do with lonely dad :( [Re: Geaven]
VFLover09 Offline
Consigliere

Loc: North Carolina
Originally Posted By: Geaven
the first peep i created died a few days ago, she kept getting sick and i kept healing her but she must have gotten sick again when i wasn't playing and when i ran the game the next night she had died

How old was she when she died? How much did you feed her? Did you consult a doctor?
she and her husband had a son who has now gone off to college and it doesn't look as if he's coming back. so dad is now left alone in the house and he can't remarry since they've had a child so i'm wondering if i should just restart the game since it looks like i'm going to be stuck with just one peep

No. Don't start over, this will happen every generation and is normal. When the husband dies the son will have the house.

#225142 - 10/02/10 05:31 PM Re: what to do with lonely dad :( [Re: VFLover09]
Geaven Offline

Originally Posted By: VFLover09
How old was she when she died? How much did you feed her? Did you consult a doctor?

she was only 35 i think, i had stocked up the fridge but i didn't have enough money then to consult a doc since it was only day 2 of playing the game.
No. Don't start over, this will happen every generation and is normal. When the husband dies the son will have the house.

thanks for the advice smile i guess i'll have to hope he dies soon since it's pretty boring to play with just one peep :P

#225143 - 10/02/10 05:36 PM Re: what to do with lonely dad :( [Re: Geaven]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Once either parent dies, you have the option to start a new generation or continue playing. Many people choose to keep playing the current generation until all of the peeps are gone (in one way or another). However, some people find it more fun and interesting to start a new generation right away. The choice is entirely yours. If you would rather start a new generation now, look on the Family screen and you will see that there is a button to start a new generation above the family tree. Push that button and you can choose the son to come back to live in the house and start his own family.

#225144 - 10/02/10 09:11 PM Re: what to do with lonely dad :( [Re: LadyCFII]
Nora Willow Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Eastern Isola
Also, if you feel like dealing with computer folders (and things like that) you could back up your game in case your family dies. Im not sure how to do it, because I am most definately not a computer genious, but somewhere in the forums there is a post about that. I would not recomend if necessary though! grin

I hope this helps you out!

#225147 - 10/03/10 04:32 AM Re: what to do with lonely dad :( [Re: Nora Willow]
Geaven Offline

thanks everyone for the very helpful tips! smile

i've gone with LadyCFII's suggestion and started a new generation. the son's still lonely as i haven't found a bride that's good enough for him, but at least there's the prospect of him not being alone for long! laugh

#225153 - 10/04/10 08:39 AM Re: what to do with lonely dad :( [Re: Geaven]
zippie Offline
Expert

What constitutes "good enough?"

#225169 - 10/06/10 10:37 AM Re: what to do with lonely dad :( [Re: zippie]
Midii Offline
Adviser

Loc: Isola
i just continued a next generation with a 'definitely wants kids' guy, and so i rejected a 'no way' woman since i like to have many kids in the house, although i've heard of cases where a 'definitely' and 'no way' can still be happy together and have lots of kids smile

#235004 - 06/09/13 09:25 PM Re: what to do with lonely dad :( [Re: Geaven]
VV3 girl123 Offline
Consigliere

Loc: The Wild West

she was only 35 i think, i had stocked up the fridge but i didn't have enough money then to consult a doc since it was only day 2 of playing the game.

thanks for the advice smile i guess i'll have to hope he dies soon since it's pretty boring to play with just one peep :P
Just make him work, (but not too much!) So when the son comes, he will have some money for him. wink

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter