Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 198 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Sheeplord, Pearl8520, chuusu, Ceci, gbbxox
30715 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30715 Members
76 Forums
19385 Topics
186939 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#199857 - 06/22/09 10:32 PM Couple refuses to have children
fluffysue Offline
Adviser

I say "refuses" because there is nothing wrong with them; baby boost was recommended for the husband, which I gave him (and later to the wife just in case), but still no baby after 15 years of marriage. Thank goodness they adopted, so I can at least continue that game. Frau wanted kids, and even sent me a message about wanting a baby right after the wedding. But Zest, I think he is up to something. I have all kinds of theories about why they have not managed to produce any children of their own, but not sure if they are appropriate to post here. LOL. Let's just say I think Zest is making sure of it somehow. I think Frau adopted little Trishesse behind his back! smile

#199862 - 06/22/09 10:40 PM Re: Couple refuses to have children [Re: fluffysue]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
If it's not E-rated, then no, it's probably not appropriate. smile Are you being persistent with them even if they argue, or are they saying "it's too soon"?
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#199864 - 06/22/09 10:46 PM Re: Couple refuses to have children [Re: Xay]
fluffysue Offline
Adviser

Oh I always keep trying even if they argue, and they will then try but never have a baby. Usually they are in a hurry to stop and go watch TV or something. Maybe they are just not really compatible as a couple. Too bad they can't get divorced!

#199866 - 06/22/09 10:49 PM Re: Couple refuses to have children [Re: Xay]
Jenny23 Offline
Master

Loc: NY
Sometimes when they argue, it takes many times of putting them on top of each other (15-20 even) to get them to try for a baby. I don't know it matters, but I take turns--put him on her then her on him. Eventually, they will give in. Just be persistent--you are ultimately in control, lol.

NOTE: Before you keep trying when they argue, make sure both are fed and showered. If either are "not feeling fresh" put them in the shower. Not sure if that helps with babymaking, but I do it anyway. I like to think that if they are clean and have full tummies, they will be in a better mood to try for a baby.

#199886 - 06/23/09 12:37 AM Re: Couple refuses to have children [Re: Jenny23]
BayouBlonde Offline
Master

Loc: Louisiana
I've had 3 families with total incompatibility recently, and one a week or so ago. It annoys me to no end! 7 or 8 gens all with 6 kids each and then BAH! My streak ruined. lol

I was actually going to make a post about incompatibility soon - I was waiting for three more gens to end. I've been studying desire for children, number of kids and happiness level. So far, desire for kids has nothing to do with how many they can or will have and all of them (regardless of whether or not they want kids) get a bit happier when they have a child (as most of us had already figured out.)

For eight families, I had exact matches for desire for kids (both "No Way" or both "Definitely" etc.) One of these is one that I call "incompatible." They gave me fits having children - both were Maybe. Between the second and third child, they had two failed attempts. MD consults were clean. I began boosting prior to every attempt. After two doses and attempts, they had a third child. After NINE MORE doses and attempts, still no more children. There was nothing in the likes or dislikes to give any clue to incompatibility (only one like for pasta.) The seven others had 5 or 6 kids each. (The two No Ways had six.)

For four families I had a No Way and a Definitely: three of them maxed out at six kids; one had an illness that delayed us, but they still managed five children.

All the others were a mixture of desire for kids. Results were basically the same, with an average of 5 kids. Most had some failed attempts as they got older, but it was immediately "cured" with baby boost.

2 of these mixture families were also "incompatible." One of them needed baby boost prior to the first attempt (I do consults on all new gens) but the others had no fertility issues. The only consistency I see is the incompatibility. Meaning, they just fail and fail and fail.

When I have two failed attempts in a row, I boost prior to the next attempt and continue that until they have success. These "incompatible" couples cost a fortune in baby boost (one of my study families was only second gen and just my luck, they turned out to be incompatible.) I managed to get 5 kids from one of them, but literally ran out of space on the family tree notes to record how many times they had been boosted and failed.

My conclusion so far
: incompatibility is random, but definitely does happen. It's highly annoying. There is no way (that I have found) to predict which couples will be incompatible.

The solution: Keep boosting prior to attempts (if you can afford it) and most importantly, just keep trying (every 20-45 minutes, depending upon their desire for kids / how soon they will try again.) wink As always, if you have a couple that has reached 40 and still has no kids, pause the game and make a backup copy of that family file so you can reload it and start from there again in the event they fail to have any kids and don't get to adopt. Try not to take it out on the poor lil peeps. They ARE trying, they just aren't lucky. (That part's for me because at one point I really wanted to punish one of my lil females for not having a kid. lol)

#199887 - 06/23/09 12:42 AM Re: Couple refuses to have children [Re: BayouBlonde]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
I actually had a matching "Definitely" couple that only had one child. I put them together repeatedly, with no baby at the end *sniff* Baby boost prior to each attempt as well. They were restarted.

On another note: I currently have a matching "Not Really" couple. At 35 years of age (they match ages too) they have 6 children. 2 sets of twins, and 2 singletons.

Interesting, no?
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#199891 - 06/23/09 12:57 AM Re: Couple refuses to have children [Re: Xay]
BayouBlonde Offline
Master

Loc: Louisiana
Yes it is. Two sets of twins is nice - congrats. laugh

I honestly think I have better luck with those at the negative end of wanting kids.

I forgot to mention that I also recorded who had fertility issues from the start (MD consult showed baby boost needed before they attempted) and the Definitely people had fertility problems a LOT more than the others. I haven't counted, but I'd say over half of them were Definitely.

#199935 - 06/23/09 06:42 AM Re: Couple refuses to have children [Re: BayouBlonde]
Skylar154 Offline
Trainee

Fluffysue, what you do is when they argue, use the big red glove. It may sound mean but if you want kids, try it. If they try, give them a candy if they succeed buy them something like clothes. The best thing to do is try when their elated or happy. If one's depressed and the other is elated/happy there is a chance of kids. If you have reached 5 kids and only 1 definatly or "maybe" wants kids, their is a 50-50 chance they have 1 more until they die. If they have a child, each time reward them so they call it a good thing. If they think it makes you happy, their happy so we're all happy in the end! They LOVE the green glove, don't nag tho! Spoil the parents, the kids didn't help and weren't in on it so forget them! lol! If the doc says you need Baby Boost or you think you really need it, it wont be nessesary to purchase it. Happy children-making!

#199936 - 06/23/09 06:44 AM Re: Couple refuses to have children [Re: fluffysue]
Skylar154 Offline
Trainee

Oh I always keep trying even if they argue, and they will then try but never have a baby. Usually they are in a hurry to stop and go watch TV or something. Maybe they are just not really compatible as a couple. Too bad they can't get divorced!
Quote:
Your little people have minds of their own"
Ring a bell? LOL, Taco Bell......

#199937 - 06/23/09 07:01 AM Skylar154/Re: Couple refuses to have children [Re: Skylar154]
Lewanda Offline
Legend

Loc: Ky
Hi Skylar154! I always pat mine with the green glove when they agree to try to make a baby. Then when they make one I pat them with it again. It seems to work with most couples unless one of them doesn't really want kids. I tried the scolding glove once when they argued. It bothered me so much I never tried it again.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter