Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 198 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Pearl8520, chuusu, Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty
30714 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30714 Members
76 Forums
19383 Topics
186937 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#195763 - 05/23/09 08:43 PM paused games not working?
stonzee Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Texas
I paused my games because I knew I wouldn't really have time to play this holiday weekend. Today I has a few minutes and decided to check in on my peeps.
When I paused the game the oldest son was 15. Today when I unpaused it, he had gone away to college. Are they supposed to still age when the game is paused?

Edited by stonzee (05/23/09 08:50 PM)

#195768 - 05/23/09 09:02 PM Re: paused games not working? [Re: stonzee]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Pausing the game does stop everything in the game; however you have to keep a few things in mind about how pausing works in LDW games.

Each player slot must be paused individually. Pausing one game does not pause them all.

Leaving the game on the menu screen (or any other screen) does not pause the game, even though it seems like nothing is going on.

Going to the Options screen and pausing the game will completely pause the game, but you must click Done on the Options dialog and (to be extra safe) quit the game.

If you intend to leave the game running, the safest and most reliable way to pause it is to press the space bar and verify that you see the message "GAME PAUSED" in the blue player comm area. However, any time you leave any application running, it can be affected by computer crashes, etc., so it's best to pause the game and then quit until you're ready to return to it.

#195771 - 05/23/09 09:18 PM Re: paused games not working? [Re: LadyCFII]
stonzee Offline
Consigliere

I did have the game paused message. And all of my families were paused because two of them have babies that I didn't want to age while I was away.
All of the other families didn't change, just the one. And when I came back to the game the game paused message was still there.
When I unpaused it I got an email from the oldest child stating he was homesick and missed homecooking. And he was gone.

#196222 - 05/26/09 05:46 PM Re: paused games not working? [Re: stonzee]
Tiff42 Offline

Loc: Georgia, USA
I've had similar issues. I've opened the game, the pause message was showing, yet my family had aged. Also, I got tired of all of my families being exhausted constantly and not staying in the bed (even when I pause the game) and just paused them all and quit for a few days. When I came back, everyone was refreshed and healthy. This happened with each game paused, and the game shut down completely. And yes, the pause message was displayed on the screen.

#196240 - 05/26/09 07:21 PM Re: paused games not working? [Re: Tiff42]
stonzee Offline
Consigliere

Thanks, now at least I know it's not just me with this problem.
I paused my games because I didn't want my family to age while I was away for a few days. But they aged anyway.

#196246 - 05/26/09 07:32 PM Re: paused games not working? [Re: stonzee]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
We're having another look at this to be certain there isn't something wrong in that part of the code.

#196253 - 05/26/09 08:00 PM Re: paused games not working? [Re: LadyCFII]
Indigo Jo Offline
Adviser

Loc: Kingston Upon Hull
I was only saying this morning to my hubby I was SURE that Lilli was 11 when I paused and shut down the game last night. I left them all happily snoring in bed around 10 pm mom and dad included, oh and peeps the cat between mom and dad too. smile

This morning, I popped on the game to find them scattered all over the place, everyone still exhausted and Lilli a grand old age of 13!!! shocked crazy

Very odd considering my hubby's peep's have not changed, his was paused same way mine was with the 'GAME PAUSED' message on the screen before shut down.

I have one young man aged 15 ( Zen ) I really hope I don't switch on either tomorrow or the next day to find him suddenly gone off to college without so much as a wave or a 'bye' I'd be so upset - him being my first born an'all blush smile

#196309 - 05/27/09 01:17 AM Re: paused games not working? [Re: Indigo Jo]
stonzee Offline
Consigliere

That's what happened to me. I had the game paused. Actually I had all five games paused and one aged anyway. The oldest son went to college while it was paused. The only way I knew he went to college was because of an email he sent saying he was homesick. My 4 year old was suddenly 7.

#196311 - 05/27/09 01:25 AM Re: paused games not working? [Re: stonzee]
Lewanda Offline
Legend

Loc: Ky
Hello stonzee! I've also had that happen. I paused a game so that the wife wouldn't get too old to make another baby overnight. When I turned the game on the next day and unpaused it she was already too old. She was 47 when I paused it. So it isn't just your computer or game Sweetie.

#196345 - 05/27/09 05:15 AM Re: paused games not working? [Re: Lewanda]
Leanie1313 Offline

Loc: Florida
I pause the game. I come back they are all over the place.
Another game, they go to bed exhausted. I do not pause the game so they can sleep. I come back hours later...they are running around still exhausted. Nothing I do comes out right.

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter