Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 253 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
chuusu, Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12
30713 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30713 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#170966 - 09/08/08 12:54 AM [SPOILERS] How to get master builder?
cammycam Offline

Loc: BC Canada
help me!!!! i completed all the building tasks so i cant get any building skill, and i havnt gotten the jack of all trades puzzle completed. how do u get a master builder after u complete all of the other puzzles

Edited by LadyCFII (09/08/08 02:05 AM)

#170968 - 09/08/08 01:09 AM Re: Tips &tricks (spoilers) [Re: cammycam]
Lurkily Offline
Guru

Loc: Right behind you.
Dropping a villager on a hut to get them 'fixing hut' is the only way. They don't do this on their own, so you have to do it over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over gain. Once all building tasks are completed, any skill-building in that area is a serious pain.

#170985 - 09/08/08 02:58 AM Re: [SPOILERS] How to get master builder? [Re: cammycam]
MochaJew Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Anywhere but here
Have your builders work on repairs.
Make the Exercise portion, allowing them to workout several times.
I wish you and your builders the best.

#170991 - 09/08/08 04:30 AM Re: [SPOILERS] How to get master builder? [Re: MochaJew]
Salem Offline

I have a silly question that pertains to this (hence me not starting another thread thats alike) If say you are trying to get your builder to gain experience and get that bar going up from adept to master builder, and you put them on the research bench, and they get that "This villager improved at research!" message, is it to research as said, or to builder as they are marked for? (I'm probably answering my own question but just wanted it verified and not simply guess it myself is all. and i would search but my internet is continually kicking out and every other time I have I'm getting kicked into a cannot load page x3) thanks for any help given peeps :3

~Salem

#171003 - 09/08/08 11:30 AM Re: [SPOILERS] How to get master builder? [Re: Salem]
laurence Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Paris, France
Salem, the villagers improve always the task they are doing.
It's this manner, when I quit the game, I select at least 2 doctors to be sure they'll heal the sick villagers when I'm not here ;\) . Then, I put them on the research table or on a farming task and they increase their scientist or farmer's skills! Less than if they were select as scientist or farmer, but they increase and bring food or tech points. And they also increase their healing skills because they go studying medicine time to time or they heal someone.

cammycam, to increase the buiding task, be sure that they are "fixing hut" and not "examining". You may also make a potion for exercising, that gives some little building skills if they succeed. If they say "no" it doesn't work! \:\/

Good luck! \:\)

Edited by laurence (09/08/08 03:34 PM)

#171008 - 09/08/08 11:46 AM Re: [SPOILERS] How to get master builder? [Re: laurence]
elizabeths184 Offline
Expert

Loc: england
The best way for your next game (or for anyone else who hasn't completed all the building tasks yet!) is to leave one unfinished (I suggest the rubble as it's pretty non-essential).

Then take a villager you want to build up (heh!) their building skill and put them on the rubble until it says "has improved at construction!", then Stop Them, and put them back on it.

You can train up builders in no time (compared to fixing huts) doing this, as long as you nurse them and don't let them complete the project.

#171020 - 09/08/08 02:56 PM Re: [SPOILERS] How to get master builder? [Re: elizabeths184]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
I'd say clearing the leaves is pretty non-essential. As Elizabeth suggests for the rubble, stop them once they succeed in picking up a handful of leaves and drop them back again. You won't (hopefully) need the leaves cleared until the game is pretty well advanced as no-one will have died yet. Clearing the rubble does make the tablet pieces available to be found.

#171022 - 09/08/08 03:49 PM Re: [SPOILERS] How to get master builder? [Re: arnie]
elizabeths184 Offline
Expert

Loc: england
Those two are the most non essential of all the building work, I just prefer to have the leaves cleared and I use it to train my early villagers so they can build huts better ;\)

I'm not really a collecitbles person, I get them to boost points, but after a certain point it's only for prestige really so I'm not so bothered about the tablet pieces.

I suppose people should use their best judgement and choose which building thing they want to have completed, and use the other one for training!

#171026 - 09/08/08 06:05 PM Re: [SPOILERS] How to get master builder? [Re: elizabeths184]
MochaJew Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Anywhere but here
While I agree with all of the above, allowing your villagers to exercise and using the portion that makes the villagers excercise also helps build up the skills. I faced this same problem when I didn't have builders to start on the Stature. It was suggested to make the portion several times and have everyone partake. After I made the portion the fourth time, my adept builder began a Master Builder ans moved trainees to adept, then Masters. Now, it is the every other portion I make to assure each villager has building skills.
I hope this helps.

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter