Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 193 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
chuusu, Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12
30713 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30713 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#143936 - 05/14/08 10:52 PM MULTIPLE COMPUTERS
cindylouwho Offline
Adviser

I have 3 computers in my home. If I purchase a game from LDW will the license work for all 3 computers or would I have to purchase a new game for each computer? Thanks in advance for the help.

#143946 - 05/14/08 11:00 PM Re: MULTIPLE COMPUTERS [Re: cindylouwho]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Officially when you purchase a license for one of our games, it is for use on one computer. If you purchase the game from us, however (as opposed to some of the various resellers who use a variety of different protection software), the game will allow you to use the same registration code on more than one computer in the same household, and we really would not have a problem with that anyway. Please be careful not to share your registration code outside of your household, however, because if it starts spreading publicly we will have to deactivate the code and it will no longer work in the future!

#143948 - 05/14/08 11:02 PM Re: MULTIPLE COMPUTERS [Re: LadyCFII]
cindylouwho Offline
Adviser

Thanks LadyCFII! I just wanted to make sure the kids could put it on their comps too!

#144537 - 05/15/08 06:35 PM Re: MULTIPLE COMPUTERS [Re: LadyCFII]
An81angel Offline
Trainee

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: LadyCFII
Officially when you purchase a license for one of our games, it is for use on one computer. If you purchase the game from us, however (as opposed to some of the various resellers who use a variety of different protection software), the game will allow you to use the same registration code on more than one computer in the same household, and we really would not have a problem with that anyway. Please be careful not to share your registration code outside of your household, however, because if it starts spreading publicly we will have to deactivate the code and it will no longer work in the future!

What happenes if you have both a PC and a Mac?

Say I download both trials (one for each of my computers), but purchase the Windows version of the game. Will the 'Windows' key work for the Mac game as well? Or do I need to purchase the game again to get another 'Mac' specific key?

#144592 - 05/15/08 08:55 PM Re: MULTIPLE COMPUTERS [Re: An81angel]
Unicorn

You can refer to this answer in our Support FAQ, which will help you with that situation. \:\) That answer is for VV2, but is also valid for VV3.

#145137 - 05/16/08 06:54 AM Re: MULTIPLE COMPUTERS [Re: LadyCFII]
An81angel Offline
Trainee

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: LadyCFII
You can refer to this answer in our Support FAQ, which will help you with that situation. \:\) That answer is for VV2, but is also valid for VV3.

Thanks for the info.

#145645 - 05/16/08 10:06 PM Re: MULTIPLE COMPUTERS [Re: An81angel]
Tahoe mom Offline
Trainee

Loc: Stateline, NV
Help LadyCFII purchased game on Wed for pc today went download to laptop and will not allow. Says expired! help can get out of bed today back problems want to use laptop for game.

#145661 - 05/16/08 11:53 PM Re: MULTIPLE COMPUTERS [Re: Tahoe mom]
Unicorn

Which version are you playing: Mac or Windows?

#152714 - 05/31/08 12:50 AM Re: MULTIPLE COMPUTERS [Re: LadyCFII]
MariaWB Offline
Trainee

Loc: Denmark
Hi =)

I've played VV1+2 and I just bought VV3 and it is downloading as we speak! Or write I guess ;-)

I only play on one computer, although the IP-adress switches sometimes - like today; I packed up all my essentials and moved to my moms house for the summer. Will this mess up the game? I mean, when the game is suddenly on a new IP, it could look as if I've given the game away.

I also might install it on my mom's laptop so I can play when I just come for weekend when I don't bring my desktop.

Will any of this ever be a problem, and if it is, what do I do?

Thanks, and have a nice weekend! =)

#152724 - 05/31/08 01:11 AM Re: MULTIPLE COMPUTERS [Re: MariaWB]
Unicorn

Different game sites have different mechanisms for digital rights management (copy protection). If you bought the game directly from LDW, it is a standalone game that doesn't require a download manager or an Internet connection, so it won't check IP addresses or require site login.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter