Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 300 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
chuusu, Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12
30713 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30713 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#68527 - 04/04/07 03:05 PM Observation with regards to time travel
Christel Offline
Trainee

Loc: Suwanee, GA
Ok, I have been guilty of the old TT games, was intersting trying to not have the village starve before I got the level 3 farming.

Anyway, I am currently playing a totally un time travel game and I love it so much more!! I am finding a ton of collectables all at once and a bunch of the rare ones also! Seems a mushroom and collectable show up at the same time when I had more than 1 child, the food never runs out on the farm, seems right when they get the last bit in the bin, it pops up within a few minutes with a full new crop. When I time traveled it could take hours (3-4) sometimes to get food, so I had to be really really careful!

I would love that fix for the coconuts harvesting, I hate that they will do that before the whole 800 count crop, seems like a real waste of time. At least 1 farmer should stay behind.

For those that have not played without time travel, try it, much more interesting!! \:o

#68531 - 04/04/07 03:18 PM Re: Observation with regards to time travel [Re: Christel]
rain Offline

Loc: USA
Time travel: is this where you change playing from normal to 2X?

Does the characters age much faster as well? Any info on the subject is welcome.

#68536 - 04/04/07 03:29 PM Re: Observation with regards to time travel [Re: rain]
Jami Offline
Master

Loc: California
No, Rain, TT is when you change your clock. It's "dangerous" to do cause you can mess up your game if you don't do it right.

www.jamisings.com

#68542 - 04/04/07 04:00 PM Re: Observation with regards to time travel [Re: Jami]
rain Offline

Loc: USA
Think I better leave it alone then.
Thanks

#68546 - 04/04/07 04:55 PM Re: Observation with regards to time travel [Re: rain]
Christel Offline
Trainee

Originally Posted By: rain
Think I better leave it alone then.
Thanks

It took me many trials to figure out how to time travel, but I did not get to do any real collections and spent way too much time TT and getting myself out of trouble.

#68547 - 04/04/07 04:57 PM Re: Observation with regards to time travel [Re: rain]
Christel Offline
Trainee

Originally Posted By: rain
Time travel: is this where you change playing from normal to 2X?

Does the characters age much faster as well? Any info on the subject is welcome.

No, when you change your PC clock forward. I always play on 2X, takes too much time to get the ladies back to work after the kids are born!! \:\)

I put it on 1/2 speed in the overnight, I have forgotten in times past and lost my whole village. 2X during the day, 1/2 speed during the night.

#68550 - 04/04/07 05:03 PM Re: Observation with regards to time travel [Re: Christel]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Quote:
2X during the day, 1/2 speed during the night

Heh. I'm the opposite. I'm at work for most of the day so I put it on normal just before I leave and 2X when I come home in the evening. Weekends I generally leave it on 2X all the time.

#68569 - 04/04/07 08:12 PM Re: Observation with regards to time travel [Re: arnie]
LostInHope Offline

Mine is on 2X all the time. I never change it. I am still building up tech points to buy all the stuff, but I have yet to have a problem. I make sure before I go to bed I add wood to the fire and when i get up I am about an hour after it goes out. And if I have a few sick ones I just make a stew and fix them up. I am so addicted to the game.

#68672 - 04/05/07 12:26 PM Re: Observation with regards to time travel [Re: LostInHope]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
The only reason I put it on normal speed is the fire. Since it only lasts nine hours on 2X it will have been out for a couple of hours by the time I get home from work. I think I'll experiment with letting the fire go out as I much prefer 2X. If I get a few sick people that's also good practise for the doctors. ;\) The other drawback is that there's a small bonus in tech points given while the fire is alight; it is not many, though, and finding one duplicate common collectible would probably make up for it.

#68716 - 04/05/07 06:46 PM Re: Observation with regards to time travel [Re: arnie]
LostInHope Offline

Yeah, I am at a loss for what to do with my tech points now. I have changed everyones clothing.... and now don't have a clue what to do with them but build them up I suppose. IS there isnything I can do with them?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter