Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 335 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
chuusu, Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12
30713 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30713 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#60395 - 02/28/07 08:10 PM Can someone help me recover my Lost children Games
Cat_C Offline

Loc: Granada Hills
Oh crud...I have no idea what I did, but I was moving stuff around on my computer from Drive C to Drive D trying to free up some space. I think I must have moved the Lost children Folder...I feel so stupid. Anyway, the game is there...but I had three tribes flourishing...and now when I start the game it's as if I am beginning from the very first time. Can someone tell me where to look on my computer to try to put it all back together.
yeah...I am pretty computer savvy...but shoot, I can mess up with the best of them.
anxiously awaiting ....

#60398 - 02/28/07 08:18 PM Re: Can someone help me recover my Lost children Games [Re: Cat_C]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
You can search your computer for the savegame files. The details on the filenames and correct location are in this post. \:\)

#60407 - 02/28/07 09:03 PM Re: Can someone help me recover my Lost children Games [Re: LadyCFII]
Cat_C Offline

well I can find the files...no problem...but copying them to the folder where the game is installed has no effect. Still when I open the game there are no options to "choose tribe". I see the files intact from when I paused them and quit last night...but I can't get them to open in the game.
Any suggestions?

#60417 - 02/28/07 09:19 PM Re: Can someone help me recover my Lost children Games [Re: LadyCFII]
Cat_C Offline

me again...Success! Interesting....I went back to your tutorial post to see if I missed something...yep...but it wasn't in your original post. Further reading in a thread in This Forum is where I found the critical detail...the files MUST be located in the "My Documents"

LOL....Thanks for the help Barbara!! :-) I'm glad I'm the persistant type. :-)

#60422 - 02/28/07 09:40 PM Re: Can someone help me recover my Lost children Games [Re: Cat_C]
Unicorn

Ummm....the post that I linked to contains the correct file location in the step-by-step instructions. I have since put the paragraph containing the file names into the step-by-step instructions, so that the location for them is clear. \:\)

#60423 - 02/28/07 09:55 PM Re: Can someone help me recover my Lost children Games [Re: LadyCFII]
Cat_C Offline

oh yes ...that is where the files were/are located....but like I said I had moved my game...I kept trying to paste the back ups into a different folder and hadn't made the mental connection that I needed to find the orignial location. it was MY Bad...not yours. It was a statement in a post of yours to someone who didn't want to keep those particular files in "My Documents" and you eluded to it being a "highly technical necessity" :-)
Anyway...reading that was what made the light go on for me so thank you.
It's all good now and I am back on Isola control the destiny of all my little villagers. heh heh heh

#60465 - 02/28/07 11:48 PM Re: Can someone help me recover my Lost children Games [Re: Cat_C]
Unicorn

YAY!! \:D

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter