Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 247 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
chuusu, Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12
30713 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30713 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#176983 - 11/11/08 01:21 AM The forum software has been upgraded!
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
As many of you noticed, our forums have undergone a significant upgrade. It's been almost 2 years since our last upgrade, so there are many new features - too many to mention them all. I did put together a list of the "best" new and different features, and I'm sure that you'll all find many more as you explore the forums on your own.

So, here are some of the significant new things you'll find here:

New and changed forum features
  • There are new post formatting features available, including a new Spoiler Tag which can be used
    Click to reveal..
    to hide spoilers!
  • You can set a mood icon that will appear next to your Display Name in your posts. Just click on the mood icon next to the logout link to set your mood!
  • There are quite a few new settings in Preferences that you should check out.
  • There is now an online/offline indicator for forum members next to their Display Name. A member will show as offline when they haven't refreshed their browser in the last 10 minutes, even though they are still logged on. Chatting in the Shout Box will not refresh online status.
  • The New Post Icon (the blue notepad icon) next to a forum can now be double-clicked to mark everything in a forum and sub-forum as read. That will get rid of all those blue folders in the forum(s) that you want to reset.
  • The user list now has a little search window that helps you quickly find the member you're looking for. You also have more options when viewing a member's posts.
  • To see the details about who is online, click the title of the Who's Online box, instead of clicking on the Details link.
  • If you're typing in the Quick Reply box and decide that you want to do some formatting of your post, you can click on the Switch to Full Reply button. The text that you entered will be preserved, and you will be able to access the full reply formatting options.
Private Messages
  • You can set your preferences to receive an email notification when you receive a new PM, which will contain a preview of the message.
  • Private messages now display remaining participants on the list of PMs. In addition, when you remove yourself from a PM topic, a post is placed in the PM thread to automatically let everyone know that you have left the topic.
  • You can now email an entire Private Message thread to yourself, which will help you easily save your favorite PMs!

#176989 - 11/11/08 01:47 AM Re: The forum software has been upgraded! [Re: LadyCFII]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: One of the thirteen colonies
Thank you Lady!

#176990 - 11/11/08 01:49 AM Re: The forum software has been upgraded! [Re: halidog]
Havetia Offline
Guru

Loc: Somewhere in NC
Thank you Lady.

#177008 - 11/11/08 03:33 AM Re: The forum software has been upgraded! [Re: Havetia]
QuickStorm Offline
Legend

Loc: America's Birthplace
Barbara's been a busy bee; busy as a beaver building.

#177009 - 11/11/08 03:35 AM Re: The forum software has been upgraded! [Re: QuickStorm]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
I think I've just finished checking/changing the last of the forum settings for all of the forums! The new software is great, but maaaaan are there a lot of settings! eek

#177010 - 11/11/08 03:37 AM Re: The forum software has been upgraded! [Re: LadyCFII]
Krystal Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: The 'Merica
LOL, I can only imagine!

#177013 - 11/11/08 03:58 AM Re: The forum software has been upgraded! [Re: Krystal]
Miss Monkey Girl Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Home
Thank you so much for all you hard work Lady! grin

#177016 - 11/11/08 05:33 AM Re: The forum software has been upgraded! [Re: LadyCFII]
QuickStorm Offline
Legend

Loc: America's Birthplace
I still want to know where you get all your energy, Barbara. If we could bottle it; we could be rich.

#177037 - 11/11/08 12:57 PM Re: The forum software has been upgraded! [Re: QuickStorm]
CaszaGirl16138 Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Australia (via TARDIS)
Wowsaz the new features are great!!! I totally live the mood setting grin smile

Thanks Lady for putting in your time and effort into making the forums even awesomer than they already are smile

#177040 - 11/11/08 02:33 PM Re: The forum software has been upgraded! [Re: CaszaGirl16138]
laurence Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Paris, France
Oooh!

Thanks a lot, Barbara!! grin

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  LadyCFII, MissKathy, Rockmower, Xay 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter