Hey Rockmower!

Thanks for tossing in your 2 cents - good to see a moderator has actually read the posts even if you're responding as John Q. Public.

They've (the mysterious they) have been saying the PC is dead for a long time now but I don't really think that's the case. Sure, it's heyday is long gone but eventually people will explore being "disconnected" from their mobile devices.

The PC market can sustain a free-mium game environment and LDW has stated that their mobile games are playable without going to the store. I've played a few of those types of games and dumped them within 15 minutes as they pestered to no end to the point where the game play was lost. I also played one to it's conclusion - Dark Manor.

LDW has been smart in that they use many of the graphics across their games. As you move from one to the next there is always something familiar. Fish Tycoon I was an exception in this regard. (never played the pet one.) VV (tried) and VF don't appeal because the "peeps" management/manipulation but reading the boards and some of the questions raised about plants & bugs one can tell they never played PT.

Back to my mainstay of crosswords/cryptograms/nonograms/solitaire and a sampling of HO's and Match 3's and horrors of horrors - good, old fashioned board games one plays with real, live people in real time. Even books!

Games should be entertaining and diverting and not cost as much as a week's groceries, a quarter tank of heating oil or two tanks of gasoline, imho - pick a necessary expenditure that suits. An occasional splurge like a holiday or birthday being the exception.

You can buy a game and then trade it back in for a credit on another? Oh noes.