You must copy the url exactly as contained in the box in my first post, then replace both of the numbers in that example with the number of the post you're looking for. For example, let's say I click on the link in this post (the link to the Official VV3 Guide). Since the issue that caused all of the broken links has not yet been identified and fixed, clicking that link will take you to the forum's Portal Page, not the post you wanted. It just so happens that the first topic on the Portal Page at this moment is this thread.

What you need to do at that point is look at the address bar at the top of your browser, where you will see this url:
Code:
http://www.ldwforums.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/151182/Virtual_Villagers_3_Tips_Trick#Post151182

The only thing you're interested in there is the post number you want, which is 151182. You need to substitute 151182 for both of the original numbers (124217) in the 'sample url' I provided. That's the only thing you should change - leave everything else the same. Use that newly modified url in a browser window or tab, and it should take you here, which is where that original link pointed.

I hope that makes things clearer.