Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 132 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
Today at 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186929 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#243399 - 10/14/20 05:53 PM Re: Marriage [Re: LadyCFII]
Canario Offline
Trainee

Loc: Spain
-Android
-Only coins

I put one of them to work and the N/As dissapeared, I was able to try for a baby but it was unsuccessful. I will put the other 2 N/A to work (the girl I adopted first also had N/As on her profile) to fix it.
edit: (Basically, I put him to work, went away, 1 in-game year passed by, came back and he was a begginer)

Edited by Canario (10/14/20 05:56 PM)

#243401 - 10/15/20 01:33 PM Re: Marriage [Re: Canario]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Thanks so much for the details. We will definitely have a look at this issue. Please let us know how things work out in your game, and if the issue is resolved at some point.

#243403 - 10/18/20 06:09 PM Re: Marriage [Re: LadyCFII]
Canario Offline
Trainee

Originally Posted By: LadyCFII
...and if the issue is resolved at some point.

Well, kind of.
When Trishina died, one of the N/As was "unlocked" (I mean, the N/A on profile went away) and managed to have children with the new adult that was not "N/A". My theory is that they display an N/A on their profile because the game cannot have more than 2 adults at once (only the married couple, since they are not married they argue when trying to go for a baby). So the game treats them like children, except they can work (their earnings are not displayed on the "bank" page though), and have promotions (Yes, I got messages of the "N/A" having promotions).

I would say the problem is solved, the issue (I think) is the game not letting more than 2 adults in the same household (and I understand it, since making a game with polygamy would be very controversial), so when Trishina died, the "slot" for a second adult was unlocked and the older one of the two N/As took it (which happened to be the female, so I got a couple).

Edited by Canario (10/18/20 06:17 PM)
Edit Reason: extra info I forgot to type at end when I first wrote this.

#243404 - 10/18/20 06:12 PM Re: Marriage [Re: Canario]
Canario Offline
Trainee

The third one I adopted still displays as "N/A" so that's what led me into believing it might be a "2 adult limit". Now the house has the couple, one "N/A" adult, a child and baby (though, I could not continue the family line, as I could not manage to get a baby with Trishina, but I do not mind anymore)

Fun fact: the family tree displays the new children by the unrelated parents, but the couple is still Trishina and Tico (both deceased now).

Edited by Canario (10/18/20 06:13 PM)
Edit Reason: typos

#243405 - 10/18/20 06:20 PM Re: Marriage [Re: Canario]
Canario Offline
Trainee

I suppose the only solution to this* is patching the exploit/bug that makes the player able to adopt an "unlimited" (maybe it only gets up to 14 which is house limit, but IDK) amount of adults when tapping on "new generation" with no descendants**.
* (Since it the "2 adult limit" seems to be a core feature of the game)
** (I mean it should only let the player adopt once so that the couple may be restored, instead of letting the player adopt multiple adults like what happened to me)

Edited by Canario (10/18/20 06:23 PM)
Edit Reason: added the *and **

#243407 - 10/19/20 02:08 PM Re: Marriage [Re: Canario]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Hi, Canario!

We ran into a variant of this issue during development, but that one was fixed months ago. The issue you discovered had not been previously encountered in our testing, and I think you've uncovered a scenario that wasn't resolved when the original fix was implemented.

It looks like there were two issues that contributed to your situation:
  • The New Generation button should not even be available after it has been used to move to the next generation. For some reason, the game didn't handle the situation with Trishina properly.
  • The game should never leave any family members from the previous generation in the house after the New Generation button is used. Trishina's status as a widow with no living heirs apparently threw a monkey wrench into the transition to the next generation.
At any rate, the dev team has fixed the issue, and we are testing the fix now. It should be included in the next update to VF3. I don't think the fix will "undo" the errors in your family's lineage, though. If you'd like to start your family completely over (without losing your money, furniture, upgrades, etc.), you can contact our support team to get help with that.

To do that, open VF3 on your iPad, tap Menu, then Settings, then tap the green Contact Support button (above the Done button at the lower right). That will open an email with the information that the support team needs to reset your game data, so make sure you leave the pre-filled information intact. At the bottom of the email, tell them what happened to your game and they will help you out.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Smileys
Arthur on Twitter