Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 275 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#146984 - 05/18/08 06:10 PM Plant Tycoon 2?
LadyVelvet Offline

Does anyone know if they will come out with a Plant Tycoon 2? I loved both Plant and Fish Tycoon. I would love to see more!

#147026 - 05/18/08 06:33 PM Re: Plant Tycoon 2? [Re: LadyVelvet]
Bom Offline
Adviser

I think that if they would make sequels, they would do FT first since it was first to be released but there is also the factor that FT has pretty much died down so one would expect PT to have a sequel because it was just recently released, but I'm sure that both of them do deserve a sequel but none of them have a proper plot to remake...

#147115 - 05/18/08 08:09 PM Re: Plant Tycoon 2? [Re: Bom]
loki is sorry!!! Offline
Expert

Loc: Some-where, Over the Water-fal...
plant tycoon 2: the secret plants??

#156518 - 06/10/08 11:47 PM Re: Plant Tycoon 2? [Re: LadyVelvet]
ProzacWoman Offline

Loc: Tennessee, USA
How about making a Plant Tycoon that involves a plot? "The great plant breeder, "Count Blah Blah" (or whatever) spends a million dollars outfitting a yacht to sail him around the world to different places to find the core plants! Once you have all of those, you take them back to your "lah-BOR-ah-tree" to breed the rest, including the Magic Plants. Maybe they could even slip in a trip to an as-yet uncharted portion of Isola? AND, make some of the fixes people have suggested, like being able to drag ALL the seeds from one plant to the seed box at one time. Or click and drag to select a big chunk of seeds to move them from storage to your seed holder instead of one at a time. I think that's my biggest peeve with the game... all that seed moving. LOL Oooh, and how about making fruit and veggie plants as well as flowers?

#164292 - 07/20/08 09:14 AM Re: Plant Tycoon 2? [Re: ProzacWoman]
elizabeths184 Offline
Expert

Loc: england
Plant tycoon has Countless ways to make sequels I think. I'd love them to do PT2, 3, 4....

All you do is update the graphics and invent new seed designs, plant foliage and flower designs, a new nursery, and maybe different bugs.

These could be changed as many times as the game designers imagination allows!!

I love the idea of 'Fruit Tycoon' too, all fruit (or veg) plants with exotic looking fruits, and you could either sell the seeds, the whole plant or the fruit produced!

LOVE Plant Tycoon, pleeeeeeeeeease make a sequel!!!

#164294 - 07/20/08 09:17 AM Re: Plant Tycoon 2? [Re: elizabeths184]
Bowl Wheeevil Offline
Guru

Loc: Somewhere.
Hai!!! Plant Tycoon is awsome!!!
Certainly the second will be good, too!

Edited by Bowl Wheeevil (07/20/08 09:17 AM)

#173759 - 10/04/08 07:22 PM Re: Plant Tycoon 2? [Re: Bowl Wheeevil]
tameeria Offline

How about making plants that actually follow Mendelian inheritance? Two co-dominant gene loci and suddenly your hybrid offspring would give you nine different types of seeds. Now throw in some epistatic gene interactions and that would be real fun.

#173762 - 10/04/08 08:23 PM Re: Plant Tycoon 2? [Re: tameeria]
elizabeths184 Offline
Expert

Loc: england
That sounds interesting (I did biology and love all that stuff).....but I think it'd be a little bit too complicated for both the programming and the people playing it (there are so many things to remember in the game as it stands, plus kids play it too).

You could get in a Massive muddle trying to keep up with all the different genes etc. and then trying to pluck out just six individual plants from that muddle.

It'd be educational though...but I don't think that's the main reason people play this game!

I have a suggestion for a sequel - The only thing I didn't like in PT is the fact that you save up multiple $2000 for the fancy rare plants, and yet - you don't need them...apart from one, the (spoiler - highlight)Scandens that can't be created apart from with itself in the cross. You only need them to make all 529 plants, which isn't essential.

I'd like at least one of the magic plants to include one of the high level plants to be needed to make it.

Also, you shouldn't be able to just buy the magic plants in the shop, it always seems like to cheating to me to plant a random plant and then up pops the little windchimy thing...

#173793 - 10/05/08 07:48 AM Re: Plant Tycoon 2? [Re: elizabeths184]
MoonBeam71 Offline
Expert

Loc: United States of America
like i've said before... With All of You making such kewl Mod's, it's like playin a new game Everytime I get to play! Your Mod's are Stellar!!!! Thanks you guy's, and Gal's Keep those Mod's coming! And I hope they make a second plant tycoon, I Just LOVE the game!!! \:\) \:\) \:\)

#241707 - 10/14/17 09:08 PM Re: Plant Tycoon 2? [Re: MoonBeam71]
Lia Offline
Trainee

Loc: New England
10 years later... Still no sequel for Plant Tycoon. Some fresh graphics, expanded seed storage would be wonderful.

A plot line - how about global warming's impact on the flora of Isola?

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter