Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
1 registered (Keegan), 90 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 2 of 39 < 1 2 3 4 ... 38 39 >
Topic Options
#98869 - 09/25/07 08:37 PM Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! [Re: LadyCFII]
LadyKnight Offline
Trainee

Loc: Illinois
Ok i've crossed a venemous and a 4 petal i also have citrus and fragrant cross but does it matter what kind they are and do i need to cross them with something else then?

#98871 - 09/25/07 08:46 PM Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! [Re: LadyKnight]
LadyCFII Administrator Online
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Each plant has two "parts" - the foliage and the flower. If you're looking for an Aureus Scandens, you have to make sure that the plants you're crossing have both of the necessary "parts." For example, you can't cross-pollinate just any Citrus and Fragrant plant, or you'll get an Aureus flower on whatever foliage type the plants happen to produce. To get an Aureus Scandens you have to cross, for example, a Citrus Grass and a Fragrant Reptans, or a Venemous Reptans and a Fourpetal Grass.

#98873 - 09/25/07 08:58 PM Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! [Re: LadyCFII]
LadyKnight Offline
Trainee

Ok ty I am trying that now but if it doesn't work i will still need tilia grass or a tilia scanden. I have some grass and scandens and those seeds with hair like things that look like tilia. Any idea how i can get there or can/should i start another post? Getting mighty discouraged here lol.

#98874 - 09/25/07 09:03 PM Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! [Re: LadyKnight]
Unicorn

You could do it with a Tilia, but that would be much harder to get. One thing you might want to look at is this guide from sfrose. It explains very well how to get plants by mutation, which is another good option for the Scandens.

#98892 - 09/25/07 10:19 PM Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! [Re: LadyCFII]
frietje Offline

hello
i'm stuck, i am looking for the jalapa maranta, can anywone help me please

#98896 - 09/25/07 10:31 PM Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! [Re: frietje]
sfrose Offline
Senior Uber-Member

That is fairly easy. You can get it with initial seeds, or can cross breed it with other initial seeds you may have:

Bluestar Maple and Fourpetal Astera is one possibility.

But look for common seeds that will cross the following flowers:

Bluestar & Fourpetal
Spotted & Citrus

and the following foliage:

Maple & Astera
Reptans & Ball Cactus

Isola is a magic island! All sorts of strange things can happen, and often do happen. -- arnie

#98933 - 09/26/07 01:09 AM Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! [Re: LadyCFII]
sherry3838 Offline

I am so lost and frustrated!
The keypocket guide made no sense at all, and the charts still leave me lost.
I am up to tier 4 and seems I just skipped many of the tier 1 and 2's. (again) I have only gotten 2 magic plants. The 4 petal maple and the fabled lemonbush.
I have not gotten any pipe cactus, nor any daisy grass and the lower tier plants. And I can't figure out how to get them.
The charts I saw had plant names cross sectioned with others to show a result, however it does not tell you how to get the plant in the first place.
the list that was posted completely lost me with the 1x2x-1 stuff.
Accckkk...

#98944 - 09/26/07 01:40 AM Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! [Re: sherry3838]
LadyKnight Offline
Trainee

Don't feel all alone Sherry. Same here and I can't download most of them for some reason:(

#98995 - 09/26/07 12:00 PM Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! [Re: LadyKnight]
Unicorn

I can give you a step-by-step method that is one of the many ways to get the Aureus Scandens, but you might have to keep buying common seeds from the shop to get the ones you need to start with.

Cross a Jalapa Astera with a Fourpetal Reptans (or a Fourpetal Astera and a Jalapa Reptans) to get a Fragrant Grass.
Cross the Fragrant Grass with a Citrus Reptans, and you'll have the Aureus Scandens.

#99024 - 09/26/07 04:09 PM Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! [Re: LadyCFII]
sherry3838 Offline

Ok thanks. Getting there..*sigh*

Just a little FYI, I'll post here because it won't allow me to post in the appropriate thread.
For those without excel or spreadsheet programs
openoffice.org has free downloads of clone excel and MS office suites. It will read/work same as all excel and ms office doc's. Works perfect for these breeding /plant charts.

Page 2 of 39 < 1 2 3 4 ... 38 39 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter