Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
1 registered (Keegan), 99 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#166433 - 08/01/08 06:48 PM Re: A Twist of Fate - by SaxyT [Re: LadyCFII]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Chapter 17
Coen Goes Deaf

A week later Coen, Noa, Ahi and Tarita emerged from the hut. They were healed, but the bites had caused some scars on each of them. Mua and Bibi were quick to help them that day, but not being as experienced as Noa in healing, they couldn't prevent scarring. Coen looked at these as battle scars but still felt guilty for causing harm to the others. During their rest, Noa kept assuring him that it wasn't his fault but Coen was worried about the little ones, and so was Noa. She knew deep down, that Obi would love her, scars and all, but she worried about her children growing up with the scars. Obi kept telling her not to worry, that they would be fine and being young, would probably grow out of them. This helped Noa's worries but not completely.

As Noa looked around, drinking in the sun she hadn't seen for a week, she noticed that Piku had started building a new hut. "Why are you doing that?" she asked him.

"Oh, I just have a feeling we might need a new hut soon" he grinned. "Our family just keeps growing!"

"And you're building it by yourself?"

"We need Bibi researching. Besides, she's already mastered carpentry, let her master science for a while".

Noa went to check on the other children. Everyone was growing so fast it seemed. Ahi was already nine, Tarita was now 5 and Jem had just had her 18th birthday. With Coen 23 now, Noa was almost starting to feel old at 29. She had been on this island for almost half her life. Obi suddenly came up behind her and spun her around, kissing her. "I'm glad to be back too" she chuckled to him when he pulled away. It felt good to be back at the research table. While she had been in bed, she had been trying to think of more ways to clean the ocean. She knew they couldn't live off of crops forever, they needed meat. And she missed fishing with Obi. It was while fishing that she fell in love with him and longed to return. Focused on her work, she suddenly heard a blood curdling scream coming from the lagoon. Panicked, she whirled around to see what had happened and found Jem bounding towards her and Mua and Bibi and Coen following slowly shaking his head and rubbing his ears. He stopped by Obi and Piku but Jem continued and nearly knocked the three women over with her hugs and screamed again.

"What is the matter?" said Bibi exasperated.

"He did it! He proposed!" screamed Jem and stuck out her wrist to reveal a bracelet. It looked similar to the necklaces that Noa and Mua wore everyday. It was obvious who was teaching the men to make these pieces of jewelry, but to Noa, hers would always be the prettiest.

"Okay, we're happy for you but can you keep in down a bit. You don't want us deaf for the wedding do you?" laughed Bibi hugging Jem.

"Are you sure about this?" Piku teased, nudging Coen.

"Okay, so I'll probably be deaf by the age of 30 with her, but I can't help, I love her. I want to do this." Coen grinned.

"I figured, that's why I started the new hut."

"I'm sorry, what did you say?" asked Coen, turning to Piku, still rubbing his ears. Piku and Obi laughed and hugged the young man. "Nevermind, Coen, nevermind."

#166434 - 08/01/08 06:49 PM Re: A Twist of Fate - by SaxyT [Re: LadyCFII]
Unicorn

Chapter 18
The Family Grows

"Hey, check this out!" called Noa one day to the research table. Mua rushed over.

"What is it?"

"Look at these stones, I bet if we attach them to these strong vines, we could make some knives!"

"Hey, You're right! That could work! Come on, let's put these together!"

"Oy!" Mua and Noa turned to look and found Coen striding over to the fire, a black object in his hand. "Check this out!" The girls dropped their supplies off at the table and went to look.

"It's a cauldron! Coen, where did you find it?" shrieked Noa.

"By the firewood. I went to add some wood to the fire and it was just shining in the sun."

"Coen, you brilliant man, you. Do realize what this means? It will be so much easier to cook now! We can use the cauldron to cook. And I can make better medicine now! And soup! I can cook you all soup!" Noa continued, completely excited. "I know! I'll cook big batch of soup for your wedding! I have a few days to make enough, I can do it." And she rushed off to the lagoon to clean the pot.

"Gee, think she's excited?" asked Coen, stunned.

"Come on" laughed Mua "I need your help with something. It'll help Noa with the soup." and the two went off to finish the knives.

A few days later, Jem was a flutter with excitement. It was her wedding day and Piku was putting the finishing touches on the new hut while everyone else got ready for the ceremony and celebration. Noa was rushing to heat up all of her soup. Obi was gathering some coconuts. Bibi was setting up and Mua was helping Jem get ready. The tribe celebrated their third wedding.

"Noa, this soup is great!" said Piku during the celebration.

"Thanks, I learned from my mother" said Noa sensing her mother's pride in her heart.

A few weeks later, Obi, Piku and Coen found their wives acting strangely.

"What do you think is up with them?" asked Coen. "It's like they've gone crazy. They're giggling, they're distracted, and they're just plain weird right now!"

"I have no idea." Said Piku, just as confused as his friend. "Obi, any ideas?" Obi smiled, crossed his arms and looked at the other two. "What?" said Piku. Obi smiled wider, threw up his arms to say 'Never mind' and went back to work, leaving the other two stunned. "You think he actually knows?" Coen shrugged in response.

The next day, everyone was enjoying breakfast when Jem, Mua and Noa all suddenly stood up.

"What's up?" asked Coen.

The three girls took a deep breath and all at once said "We're pregnant!"

Obi grinned, Piku fell to his knees and Coen dropped in a dead faint. Piku looked up at Obi from the ground, "You knew, didn't you?" Obi nodded. "How?" Obi looked down at him eyebrows raised. "Right," mumbled Piku. "Number four for you. Keep this up Obi and I'll never catch up." Obi chuckled then went to kiss his wife. Piku followed behind him and went to Mua, beaming. Jem ran to Coen, who had still not woken. "Think it was too much?" she asked checking out her husband.

"No" said Bibi "Three pregnant women at one time, how could that possibly be too much for one guy?" sarcasm dripping from her words. Jem chuckled then got up to get some water for Coen.

#166435 - 08/01/08 06:50 PM Re: A Twist of Fate - by SaxyT [Re: LadyCFII]
Unicorn

This chapter is a tribute to all the fathers out there. Yes, I do know what we put you through!

Chapter 19
Triple Threat

Noa, Mua and Jem loved being pregnant together. They relaxed together, spoke excitedly and played around. All three pregnancies were going along perfectly.

"This pregnancy is so much tougher than the last one." Said Piku one day to Obi and Coen. Coen looked like he hadn't slept in days. Obi, as always, looked calm, collected and happy. "How do you do it Obi? How do you put up with it?" Obi laughed and walked back towards the fields. Piku glared at him.

"Doesn't he remember what it was like the first time Noa was pregnant?" Coen muttered.

"He was the same way the first time around. The only time he looked out of sorts during any of the pregnancies was during the deliveries. I wish I knew his secret".

"It's just not fair. I can't sleep at night because Jem is uncomfortable. I can't go and relax because her back hurts, or her feet are sore. And the worst thing is she's as sweet as always. She asks so nicely and then I can't say no! I just want some sleep..." he trailed off, exhausted.

"Any day now, Coen, just hang in there. It's better once they're born, really" Coen looked up at his friend but was just too tired to smile. He shuffled back to the research table and promptly dropped his head down, fast asleep. Piku chuckled and went back to work.

"What are you looking at Obi?" Noa asked of her husband one day when she found him staring into the lagoon. He looked at her then looked down again. "Obi? Is something down there?" and instead of answering, Obi dove into the lagoon and swam straight down. Within seconds, Noa lost sight of him.

"Obi? Obi!" she started to panic. She couldn't see him anywhere. A minute passed and he didn't surface. "Obi! Obi!" she hollered, completely frightened.

"What is it Noa?" came Coen who was nearby. "What's wrong?"

"It's Obi. He dove into the lagoon but it's been over a minute and I can't see him! I think something happened! Help him!!" she was crying now, sure she had just lost her husband. Coen froze for a second then started to kick off his shoes. Just as he meant to dive in, Obi's head popped to the surface. "Obi!" shrieked Noa. Obi coughed hard and Coen jumped in to help support him. He noticed something under Obi's arm. Helping his friend out of the pool, Noa jumped into Obi's arms, causing him to drop the object. "I thought I lost you." She cried. He hugged her reassuringly. "Don't ever do that again!" she yelled and punched his chest.

"Woah, Noa!" laughed Coen pulling her back. "Don't kill the man! Obi, what is that?"

Obi shrugged, "Saw it at the bottom" he said, catching his breath "years ago when I was hunting for sea stones for Noa's necklace. It was too deep but it looked important. Today, I felt like I could make it, so I went for it."

"You idiot!" screamed Noa, still restrained by Coen "I'm about to give birth any day and you thought you might just go for a swim and nearly kill yourself for a broken piece of metal! What would I do without you? What would our kids do?" and she broke Coen's grip and started pounding her husbands chest again. Obi smiled down at her, falling in love with her all over again and she continued to hit him. Coen started laughing and picked up the metal piece. Taking it to the research hut, he continued to laugh hearing Noa's fading shouts and knowing that through her fists, Obi was only smiling and not even flinching.

"COEN!!!!" he heard Jem yell from behind him. He dropped the piece of metal and ran to her. "Coen, it's time, it's time!"

"Girls?" Coen called, his voice getting higher as he said the word. "Girls? I need some help!" Noa forgot about her anger at Obi and started to run, or rather waddle, towards Jem and Coen. Obi broke into a full run and promptly picked up Jem to take her inside the hut.

"Mua, Bibi?" Noa called as she tried to run "It's time, Jem needs us." She slowed down when she didn't hear a response and turned to see Piku carrying Mua to their hut, Bibi running in their wake. "Oh no!" she said quietly. "Not both of them at the same time". Obi emerged from Jem's hut and looked at his wife. "Mua's in labor too. Bibi's with her." Obi's face fell a little and Jem screamed from the hut, followed by a strangled cry from Coen. "Quick, Obi, take me to Jem. She needs my help!" Obi ran over and lifted her with ease. He started to take her to Jem when he stopped suddenly and looked down. He looked at his wife and then at the pool of water at his feet. "Oh no" the two said together and he changed directions to take her to their own hut.

For hours upon hours, Bibi ran from hut to hut checking on each woman. "All three at once, seriously" she muttered as she ran, looking ragged. This time, the men were forced to help in the births as Bibi simply didn't have three sets of arms. "This is madness" she cried out as she left Mua's hut and ran to Jem's.

Not long after, a little tiny black haired girl was born to Piku and Mua. Bibi ran to check on Noa as Coen stepped out and yelled "It's a girl! I delivered my little girl!" and then he fainted.

"That boy has the stomach of an ogre I tell you. Faints over anything!" breathed Bibi and she rushed to help him up. She checked on Jem who was holding a beautiful brown haired girl that looked just like her mother.

Back at Noa and Obi's hut the two were admiring their second son who was the twin of his father, including the silver hair. "He's so handsome" smiled Noa "just like his father." Obi smiled, tears in his eyes. Noa broke down, "I'm so sorry I yelled at you. I was just so scared. I didn't mean to hit you" Obi stopped her by putting a finger to her lips. He kissed her and said, "I deserved it."

#166436 - 08/01/08 06:51 PM Re: A Twist of Fate - by SaxyT [Re: LadyCFII]
Unicorn

*Sigh* We been attacked by the evil rating monster and our five star rating has fallen. I'm just going to have to make sure that the next chapters are even better than before and bring that rating right back up!

Here's the next chapter for all of you!

Chapter 20
The Fish are Found

Two years later, the tribe was thriving. 14 strong now and happy. Piku had taken to chopping and the thorny bushes with the knives Mua had created. He wasn't sure why, he just felt that he needed to do this. Only Noa and Obi were worried. They knew that the crops would sustain them much longer. The tribe was growing too fast. Noa had to figure out how to save their fish. Mua and Piku had named their daughter Aika. Jem and Coen loved their daughter, Hawa, and when left the decision again on their child's name, Obi made the perfect choice of Aiko, after Noa's father.

One day, Obi and Noa were sitting on the edge of the lagoon, thinking about their options while Obi waited for the crops to rise. Noa suddenly jumped in the pool and disappeared. Obi jumped up, unsure what to do. He couldn't see Noa. He jumped in the lagoon after her and swam down to find her struggling with a fish. She looked distressed, like she was running out of air. Obi reacted quickly. He grabbed the small knife that Mua had made for each of the men and stabbed hard at the fish, catching it in it's tail. As it wrestled with knife, Obi reached for his wife and put his lips to hers, putting more air into her lungs, and then pulled her and the fish to the surface.

Climbing out of the lagoon together, Noa gasped "Don't kill it! Don't kill the fish!" Obi, confused, removed the knife and examined the fish. He had never seen a fish like this before. "It's okay." He breathed, "just a surface cut, it will heal".

"Ocean!" she gasped, but Obi had turned his attention back to her, checking her for injuries. "No!" she cried, "take it to the ocean! Quick!" Startled, Obi obeyed. He rushed the fish to the ocean as Noa stumbled behind him, still out of breath. He let the fish go and was amazed to instantly see the fish start to eat the algae.

"We need more" breathed Noa. "They'll eat the algae. I was watching them in the lagoon, they were eating anything foreign in the lagoon water. But we need much more." Obi looked at her for a moment than pulled her close.

"Okay" he said, relief in his voice. "But leave it up to me and the proper tools. You're too brilliant for us to loose and I just about lost you today. I love you too much and just couldn’t live without you, Noa" and he kissed her hard. When he pulled back he added, "Don't ever do that to me again." She laughed and said, "What, no punches?" He laughed and pulled her close remembering the day 2 years ago that he did the exact same thing to her. "I deserved that" he said.

Over the next few days, while Piku progressed on the bushes, Obi kept catching fish and bringing them to the ocean. Slowly, the algae started to disappear. Finally, the ocean cleared again. Obi knew, that with Noa's brilliant mind, their tribe would never again have to worry about food.

#166437 - 08/01/08 06:52 PM Re: A Twist of Fate - by SaxyT [Re: LadyCFII]
Unicorn

Thanks everyone, the tribe feels your love and they are doeing much better! The little ones were anxious for more story so I figured you all were as well!

Here's the next part.

Chapter 21
The Newest Carpenter

Ahi was now 14 and was most anxious to help Piku with the thorny bushes. For many years he watched Piku building the huts and was just fascinated. Obi and Noa proudly watched their oldest son after his once again traditional crab breakfast follow Piku over to the bushes and start cutting with all his might.

Obi put a strong arm around Noa's waist as they watched their son with pride. "Thank you" he said to her while he kissed her head.

"For what?" she chuckled looking up.

"For my sons, for my daughters and for ensuring I could cook my oldest son a crab breakfast for his 14th birthday. For being you." A tear snuck down his cheek. Noa smiled and kissed him. "You're welcome, my love."

Meanwhile, Mua had found a hole in the sand that looked like it had been there for days. She had never noticed it before and was curious. She reached in and found a whole store of nuts. "Wow, must have been the storage spot for an animal" she whispered to herself.

"Must have been" said Piku from behind her, startling her. She whipped around and found herself face to face with a spear.

"What are you doing?!" she shrieked. Piku laughed. "Relax, Mua. I was just preparing for an animal to jump out, I was getting ready to protect you. You really shouldn't just stick your hands into random holes. What if something bit you?"

"So you need to point a spear at me?" Mua asked, still shaking. Piku chuckled and put out his hand to help his wife up.

"What are those?" he asked her.

"I'm not sure, I think they might be food. I'm going to take some over to the research table. Could you pull the rest of them out for me? There's a lot in there."

"No problem, anything for you, you know that"

"And Piku?" Mua called as she started to walk away.

"Yes?"

"Put that spear away before hurt yourself." Piku shook his head, smiling, as he watched Mua walk away.

"That's some woman, I married."

After looking over the nuts, Mua and Noa figured out that the hard surface was a shell. Cracking a few open, they tasted the inside and moaned with pleasure.

"Oh, these are so good!" said Noa. "How many did you find?"

"A lot, I don't know exactly" replied Mua, her mouth full. "Let's go tell the others, they'll love them!"

#166441 - 08/01/08 07:30 PM Re: A Twist of Fate - by SaxyT [Re: LadyCFII]
Unicorn

Chapter 22
All Grown Up

Years passed. Noa was now 44, Obi about to turn 50. Aiko had just turned 14 and was becoming a scientist just like his brother and sister before him. Tarita, now 19, was a Master Scientist, a fast rising star in the tribe and Ahi, at 23, had mastered science and carpentry. Tiki, about to turn 18, followed in her father's footsteps and was working hard to master farming. Obi enjoyed spending his days fishing with his youngest daughter and it brought back memories of meeting Noa.

Mua and Piku had birthed another beautiful little girl who was now 3 and they had named her Sun. Like their other children, Sun had inherited Mua's long dark hair but Sun was unique with a streak of silver running through the side. With their other children grown and working, Piku cherished his little girl and often took breaks to play with her.

Jem and Coen had also birthed another little girl shortly after Mua and Piku and had named her Sutai, often seen with a pretty purple flower in her grayish-blond hair. Sun and Sutai were instant friends.

And the tribe, now 16 strong, had made many advancements and progress. When Piku had finished cutting the thorny bushes years before they discovered a strange stone figure, what appeared to be large face with an open mouth, behind it. Although they had not yet figured out what it's purpose was, they knew it was important. Piku had also uncovered another metal piece in the process and they stored it with the first in the hut. A short while later, the carpenters managed to break open a crate that had washed ashore and found a third metal piece. The three pieces seemed to fit together, but still, what it was, and what it's purpose was, remained unknown.

While enjoying the pond one day, Noa looked at her husband, a tear in her eye. "I can't believe how quickly they grew up. They're amazing, aren't they?" Obi looked at her for a long moment and then, a tear suddenly falling down his cheek, kissed his wife.

"You're an amazing mother." He said. Noa smiled and hugged Obi.

"Do you miss having little ones? I mean, all four of them are so independent, so mature. Do you ever miss the chaos of little feet?" Obi nodded, still smiling. "What would you say to trying for one more?" Noa continued. Obi looked at her, and said "We're getting older, Noa, we don't have much time left to conceive. I would want as many children as we are capable."

Noa grinned at Obi, "I'm so happy to hear you say that!" Obi studied her face for a minute and then froze. He jumped up and turned to the camp "Kids!" he yelled, "Come here quick! Come congratulate your mother! She's pregnant again!" Every turned at the sound of Obi's voice and their four children came running at top speed. As they hugged and congratulated their parents Piku looked at Coen and Bibi and sighed "Well, let's start working on a hut then, we're going to need more room." Coen looked at Bibi and chuckled. "Yup," he said, "let's start working".

#166442 - 08/01/08 07:31 PM Re: A Twist of Fate - by SaxyT [Re: LadyCFII]
Unicorn

Chapter 23
The Proposal

As the excitement of Noa's pregnancy hung over the tribe for the next few weeks, Ahi approached Piku one day. "Can I have a word?" he asked his elder.

"Sure Ahi. Let's go for a walk." Piku said and put an arm on the young man's shoulder. Piku knew why Ahi wanted to talk, he'd been expecting this but wanted to allow Ahi to speak his mind.

Once they were away from the camp Ahi stopped and looked at Piku, fear flashed across his face but Ahi shook his head, took a breath and squared his shoulders. "Sir" he started, "as you know, Aida just turned 18 and well..." he paused and looked at the ground. Piku waited patiently while Ahi composed himself. Ahi took another breath and said very quickly "I love her very much and I want your permission to ask her to marry me." Ahi exhaled and then smiled. He did it. He'd been dreading this moment and he made it through. But then he noticed Piku's stern look and his face fell, shoulder's slumped.

"Ahi, this is my daughter you're talking about. My oldest, my precious little girl. Why would I allow any man take her innocence from her. My girls and too good for that." Ahi felt like he was going to be sick. He started to stammer and then Piku reached out and put his hands on Ahi's shoulders and laughed. "I'm just kidding!" he said to Ahi. "I just couldn't resist seeing the look on your face. Mua and I would be honored to have you as a son. You and Aida will make a wonderful couple." And he pulled Ahi close to him and hugged him.

Two weeks later, the tribe celebrated another beautiful wedding. Aida and Ahi tried for many months to conceive. As Noa approached her delivery date, Aida was starting to become discouraged.

"Don't worry Aida" Mua said to her daughter one day. "Your father and I were married for some years before you came along. It sometimes just takes time."

"I know Mom, it's just tough. It seems like Noa and Obi just think about getting pregnant and suddenly they are. Ahi and I want children so badly, I'm just worried that maybe we can't.

"It will happen, patience Aida." Mua said hugging her daughter. "There's a reason you're not pregnant yet. We may not know what that reason is yet, but there's a reason. Just have faith." Aida nodded, holding back tears.

A few weeks later, Noa gave birth to their 5th child, a cute little boy who looked like Ahi had when he was born. Obi was full of pride as their family continued to grow. He had always wanted a large family.

When the time came, two years later, Azizi was named. Obi had again provided the name and Noa promptly asked where the name had come from. Obi smiled and shrugged, "It's sounded right, and it started with an 'A'. All our boys' names start with an 'A'. I just made it up." Noa laughed hard. After four children with important meaningful names, her dear husband just made a name up. But she loved the name anyway.

"You know that wish you had for a big family Obi?" Noa asked, blushing a little. Obi nodded. "Well, it seems that it's going to keep growing!"

#166443 - 08/01/08 07:31 PM Re: A Twist of Fate - by SaxyT [Re: LadyCFII]
Unicorn

Chapter 24
All In The Family

Obi laughed and tears filled his happy eyes. Noa called for their children to make the announcement.

"Geez Dad!" Ahi laughed, "Couldn't you wait until you named the last one?" Obi laughed and the family celebrated. They went to inform the rest of the tribe.

It took less than a week for Aida to announce that she was pregnant as well. While talking with Noa one day, seeking advice from the tribe's pregnant pro, Aida looked at Noa and asked, "Noa? Are you sad that you won't be pregnant with your daughters?"

Noa looked at her pretty daughter-in-law and replied "Aida. Obi and I were blessed to have two girls and two boys. Our closest friends consistently gave birth to some of the most beautiful girls we have ever seen. Just because our daughters do not have any young men their age to marry, doesn't mean that we can't bring two more daughters into our family. We were so happy when we saw that you and Ahi were love and we see the same look forming in Akio's eyes when he looks at Aika. Your mother is my best friend and to see our boys fall in love her daughters is more than we could ever wish. We love you very much Aida and you are now family. As far as I'm concerned, I am pregnant with my daughter." She paused to hug Aida and saw that Aida was crying although a large smile was on her face.

"I don't know how many more children Obi and I will be able to have, but it will be up to you and Ahi and Akio and Aika to bear many children and find a nice mix between boys and girls so that this tribe can continue for many years to come." Aida cried harder and hugged Noa tight. Noa knew they were happy tears and understood how Aida felt. For a long time, the two sat together and talked. They would have stayed longer but were interrupted but Ahi's loud cry.

"Hey everyone! Come here! Quick!" he yelled. The two stood up and followed the rest of the tribe to the stone figure where Ahi stood.

"What is it?" Aida asked when they arrived.

"I think I figured it out! Look!" said Ahi excited. As everyone looked at the figure, they noticed that Ahi had managed to fuse the three metal pieces together and had hung it from the top of the figures mouth. "And listen to this," he continued as he picked up a stick and struck the metal with all his strength. A loud sound emerged from the metal, musical, yet awkward. "I think it's some kind of drum or something, but I'm sure there's a piece still missing. It doesn't quite look right, and definitely doesn't sound right. And I'm not too sure yet what it's supposed to do when it's finished, but I'm sure it's important." He turned to face the crowd and saw 15 shocked and confused faces. At this point, he didn't know what to think and was starting to feel a little silly. Then he saw his father step through the crowd and approach him. Obi looked at the figure and then at his oldest child. He grabbed his son and pulled him into a hug so quickly that Ahi was surprised and shocked. When Obi pulled back his looked again at his son's face and said "You take after your mother." Ahi chuckled relieved and everyone started applauding Ahi for his new, brilliant discovery.

A few days later, Mua and Piku announced to the tribe that they were also going to be having another child. Their children were elated and Aida couldn't be happier that she was pregnant with her two mothers. As everyone celebrated, Jem jumped up and said "Coen and I are pregnant too!"

"Wha..?" Coen started to say and then fainted. Everyone laughed and celebrated more while Jem tried to revive her husband.

After following in his older brothers footsteps, Akio, who had just celebrated his 18th birthday with Hawa and Aika, took Piku aside and asked for permission to marry Aika. Full of pride, Piku granted his permission and a little over a week later, Akio and Aika were married.

"I just can't build these huts fast enough!" laughed Piku hugging his new son-in-law after the ceremony.

Within two weeks, Aika announced that she was pregnant. Coen, Piku, Obi, Ahi and Akio all stood together looking in amazement at their wives.

"Wow" said Piku, "I must be dreaming. All five, pregnant at the same time. This can't be real."

"I'm excited!" said Ahi "I can't wait!"

"Just wait, young one" said Piku. "We haven't gotten to the tough part yet. Give it a month or two"

"What do you mean?" asked Akio.

"Stop! Don't say anymore!" sighed Coen, "I can't take another fainting spell, my head still hurts from hitting it last time" and he rubbed the bump that was still visible on the back of his head. Piku and Obi laughed. Piku turned to Obi and said "And we thought it was tough with three of them at once. What did we get ourselves into?" Obi laughed again, looking at his beautiful wife in the distance and put an arm around his lifelong friend.

#166444 - 08/01/08 07:33 PM Re: A Twist of Fate - by SaxyT [Re: LadyCFII]
Unicorn

Chapter 25
The New Arrivals

Noa and Mua were relaxing on the beach, admiring the ocean and laughing over each others ever growing bellies when Noa saw something floating just offshore.

"What is that?" she asked Mua. Mua looked out and saw what Noa was looking at.

"I'm not sure" she said "It kind of looks like a barrel or something." The two looked at each other and turned quickly.

"Obi!" Noa yelled and Mua hollered "Piku!" The two men rushed over and after being shown the ocean promptly swam out to pull the barrel to shore. Coen, overhearing the commotion, rushed over with a spear to pry the barrel open with. As the men popped the top of the barrel off, Noa screamed at the top of her lungs. Wedged inside the barrel were two very small, very scared, and very hungry looking children, a boy and a girl. Obi reached in to pull them out the boy bit Obi's hand. He pulled back and looked at them, far from angry at the attack but very concerned. "I won't hurt you, I'm here to help." Obi said. His deep smooth voice seemed to calm the children and they allowed him to help them out of the barrel.

Mua knelt down carefully and turning to the boy, who appeared slightly older asked, "Do you have a name?"

"Weeko" he said in a scared voice, barely audible. "Nada" his said again, indicating the little girl.

"Is she your sister?" Mua urged. Weeko shook his head, no. "Where did you come from?" He shook his head again. Nada was crying silently, tears streaming down her face. She looked utterly terrified and both appeared starved and ill.

Noa stepped forward and took the little girls hand. "I'm going to make you feel better Nada, come with me now." And she turned towards her hut, where most of her medical supplies were stored. Obi reached out and picked Weeko up and followed Noa. After fixing the minor wounds the children had and giving them some herbs to help them feel better she turned to Obi and started to treat the bite on his hand.

"They'll have to stay, Obi. They're all alone and so small. We need to make them a part of our tribe." Obi nodded.

After a few days, Weeko and Nada were obviously doing better. The younger children took them in and played with them, and with Noa's constant care and medicines, they were showing much more strength and energy. The older tribe members gathered that night by the fire, after the children had gone to bed to discuss the children's fate.

"They need a parental figure" said Coen. "They can't grow up here without a parent." Jem agreed.

"But who?" asked Piku. "We all have pretty full families as it is. Are huts are already crowded." Mua put her hand on Piku's.

"I guess Obi and I could take one of them." Said Noa.

"We'll take the other" said Coen firmly. Jem looked at him in amazement. Coen always fainted at the slightest indication of children. And now he was offering to take another in. Everyone started talking at once, suddenly all wanting to help. Only Obi and Bibi remained silent.

Obi stood up and firmly stated, "No!". Everyone stopped and looked at him. "Bibi should take them. She has no children of her own, this is her chance." They all looked at Bibi.

"Obi" she said, "I'm so old now, I don't know how much more time I have!" It wouldn't be fair to them!"

"Yes it would!" said Mua, "You practically raised all of us, you could do this. Obi's right, you should take them."

"But what if I'm not here to see them to adulthood?"

"Then we'll all step in and take over. But if and until that time comes, the children will be yours." Said Obi with a definite air of finality.

#166445 - 08/01/08 07:34 PM Re: A Twist of Fate - by SaxyT [Re: LadyCFII]
Unicorn

Chapter 26
The Miracle

"Sweetheart, what's wrong?" Noa asked Tarita the next day when she found her daughter crying by the ocean.

"Oh Mom, it's just not fair!" Tarita sobbed.

"What's not fair?" asked Noa, concern in her voice.

"Why can't I have a baby? It's cruel that there is no man for Tiki or I. Ahi and Akio are going to have children, and I never will. I want to be a mother! I want to be just like you." But she couldn't go on.

Noa felt her heart break for her daughter and held her tight. "Oh, Tarita. Not everything in this life, on this island, is fair. There are some things we can't control. But, it never hurts to wish and hope." She paused when Tarita looked at her.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, if you really want to be a mother, then wish for it with all your heart. It may not happen, but it will never happen if you don't wish for it. Sometimes, dreams can come true, we just can't loose hope." Tarita nodded slightly and managed a quiet, broken "Okay Mom.". Noa continued to hold and rock her daughter until her crying finally allowed her to drift to sleep in Noa's arms. Obi came to check on the two and knelt down to gently pick up his daughter. Noa followed as Obi carried her to the hut and laid her in her bed. He kissed his daughter on the cheek and covered her with the blanket. Taking the nearby wash cloth, he wiped the tear stains from her cheeks and kissed her again. Turning to Noa he led her out of the hut and Noa told Obi what had happened. A tear formed in Obi's eyes and his heart went out to his daughter. He leaned down and kissed Noa. For the first time since they could remember. Neither had any clue what to do.

A few days later while working at the research table, Tarita was distracted. She felt awful, she hadn't felt right since that day with Noa. She didn't want to eat, she found it hard to work and constantly felt like she was going to be sick. Ahi noticed this change in his sister and was concerned.

"Tarita, you're really pale. Maybe you should go lie down and I'll get Mom to check you out." Tarita shook her head and stubbornly returned to work. Ahi watched her and before he could react, she fell. He reached out to catch her but couldn't catch her in time. She hit her head on the table and her arm caught some bottles as she fell, smashing them to the ground. Ahi grabbed his sister and yelled for help, slipping on the spilt liquid and cutting himself on the glass. A deep gash appeared on his forearm but he ignored the pain and lifted his sister up, moving her away from the broken glass. He carried her to the hut while Piku and Obi ran to them, responding to Ahi's shouts. Obi took one look at Tarita and saw the blood dripping off Ahi's arm and stopped Piku dead in his tracks. "Get Noa!" was all he said and ran after Ahi.

Inside the hut, Ahi held a cloth to his arm while Noa examined Tarita, a stricken look on her face. Thanks to Ahi, Tarita had avoided any injuries from the broken glass, but she had a large bump on her head and was obviously ill from something. Noa tried to revive her, needing to talk to her, and urgently. Obi came back into the hut, having left to find more clean cloths for Ahi's arm. He was looking pale from the loss of blood, but the bleeding had slowed greatly. Noa came over and started to clean and dress the wound, removing a large piece of glass in the process. Tarita stirred.

"Honey! Honey, wake up!" Noa cried out. "It's okay, we're here, open your eyes."

"My head hurts." She moaned.

"You fell and hit your head. Does anything else hurt?" Tarita slowly shook her head. "Do you know where you are?" She nodded. "Do you remember what happened?" She nodded. Noa breathed a sigh of relief. Her daughter would be okay. "Ahi, I need a minute with Tarita and your father. Could you please wait outside?" Without a word, Ahi obediently left the hut. Noa turned back to Tarita.

Noa looked at Tarita and then at Obi. "Honey, you have morning sickness. You're pregnant."

"I can't be!" Obi took a few steps back and eyed the two.

"I know it doesn't make any sense, but trust me Tarita, you're pregnant." A look of comprehension dawned on Tarita's face and she put a hand on her stomach.

"What is it?" asked Noa. "Did you remember something?"

"'Dreams can come true'" she whispered, quoting her mother. "Mom, dreams really can come true!" and she perked up. "You were right! You were right all along! I wished for a baby, I dreamed with all my heart for a baby and now I'm going to have one!" Noa and Obi looked at each other and Noa was transported back to the day he proposed to her, when he told her that it was possible that her dreams brought her to this island. That his dreams took him down a waterfall to meet her. A slow smile formed on his face and he moved to kiss his daughter then kissed Noa. "How are we ever going to tell the others?" he asked with a laugh. Noa, still in shock looked at Tarita and said, "I have no idea, but bring a mattress when you tell them, Coen will faint again if he finds out there's a sixth pregnant women running around." Obi chuckled and turned to let Ahi back in the hut.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter