Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
1 registered (Keegan), 75 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#71264 - 05/01/07 04:13 AM Gong of Wonder (Spoiler)
BeautyRedefined Offline

I've yet to find a specific answer to this question. When I ring the Gong of Wonder a random message displays. For example it'll say; "Gong of Wonder takes Technology or Health". I've done this 3 times and noticed that when it takes health, more of my villagers die. I thought the Gong was supposed to be good thing.

I have all of the puzzles solved, Level 3 in all technologies. The only collection that I've yet to complete is the Beetles and I'm only lacking one. Could that be causing my Gong to have negative effects or is it something else?

Edited by BeautyRedefined (05/01/07 04:14 AM)

#71265 - 05/01/07 04:25 AM Re: Gong of Wonder (Spoiler) [Re: BeautyRedefined]
eyeshigh Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Loc: Houston, TX
there are a range of different effects from the gong

some are good, some are not

it is a change you take when you ring it

how complete your collections are does not affect what effect the gong triggers

#71272 - 05/01/07 04:42 AM Re: Gong of Wonder (Spoiler) [Re: BeautyRedefined]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
And, as all of the messages that came up during the game reveal, there was a reason that the gong was broken up and hidden. \:\)

#71274 - 05/01/07 04:44 AM Re: Gong of Wonder (Spoiler) [Re: LadyCFII]
eyeshigh Offline
Senior Uber-Member

still completely superior to the GC

#71279 - 05/01/07 04:54 AM Re: Gong of Wonder (Spoiler) [Re: eyeshigh]
BeautyRedefined Offline

Well, the Gong just granted one of my villagers Wisdom; so that's good. But in the past its only made alot of my villagers die. I defintely won't be ringing it everyday.

#71281 - 05/01/07 04:55 AM Re: Gong of Wonder (Spoiler) [Re: BeautyRedefined]
eyeshigh Offline
Senior Uber-Member

i ring it every day

once your village is well estabilshed, even the taking health effect won't really hurt you much

#71289 - 05/01/07 10:47 AM Re: Gong of Wonder (Spoiler) [Re: eyeshigh]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
I usually choose to ring the gong an elderly villager who is a master in two skills but is unlikely to live long enough to reach master in a third. If the gong grants wisdom he or she will likely become an Elder. If the villager is killed it is not really a great loss to the village, and it could be said to be useful if the population is maxed out, making room for another child to be born.

Probably the worst effect I've seen is when the gong takes all the stored food. However, with a large village it doesn't take long to build up stocks to a safe level by pressing all available villagers into action as farmers. Everyone gets unceremoniously dumped into the ocean to fish - it, too, could be said to be useful in that it helps train a number in farming.

Sickness, though it might mean a busy few minutes for your doctors, has its useful side, as it helps improve their skills. The loss of tech points is immaterial as I've only ever seen small amounts deducted and there's nothing other than a change of clothes for the villagers to spend it on anyway.

One gong result I've never been able to fathom out is when it gives/takes technology. I've not seen any difference either way.

#71309 - 05/01/07 04:10 PM Re: Gong of Wonder (Spoiler) [Re: arnie]
drammars Offline

Loc: Maryland
I just rang the gong and got a message of "The gong grants vision". If anyone has any idea what that's supposed to mean (or do) I'd appreciate a heads up, because I could see no discernible difference to my villagers, the food, or the technology, nor did anyone act in a peculiar way.

I got a kick out of the one "The gong grants life" and suddenly all my females of child-bearing age were pregnant! Wasn't too pleased though, since I breed for blonds and redheads, and got a bunch of dark haired babies. (Made them researchers, and never made them parents.)

#71310 - 05/01/07 04:43 PM Re: Gong of Wonder (Spoiler) [Re: drammars]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
You have to look in the right place immediately after ringing the gong in order to experience the effects of granting vision. If you search for the word "vision" using the forum search function, you'll find more specifics. \:\)

#71349 - 05/01/07 09:04 PM Re: Gong of Wonder (Spoiler) [Re: BeautyRedefined]
poottersmama Offline
Expert

Loc: San Diego, CA USA
use the restore villager stew

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter