Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
1 registered (Keegan), 99 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 ... 17 18 >
Topic Options
#68862 - 04/07/07 04:24 AM LadyCFII [contains new puppy update]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

Loc: Maryland, USA
LadyCFII,

My condolences on the loss of your beautiful dog, Mysti. I apologize if there was a thread I missed about it.

What happened to Mysti, if it is not inappropriate to ask? I hope it was not the tainted pet food I have been hearing about on the news.

Again, deep sympathies for your loss. I have lost pets as well and I know that they are just like family.

Sadly,
-Borg

PS for people reading this thread, here is a picture of Mysti that LadyCFII posted just last month:

Edited by LadyCFII (05/03/07 04:35 PM)

#68863 - 04/07/07 04:33 AM Re: LadyCFII [Re: Borg]
Cecelia Offline
Adviser

Loc: Florida
Oh my, I just noticed! May I express my sympathies as well. Our furry family members can be so dear to us.

My avatar is a picture of my Sabel, I raised her and her sisters on a bottle from ten days old. For some reason she seems to think she is a people, more so than my other 'babies".

#68865 - 04/07/07 04:41 AM Re: LadyCFII [Re: Cecelia]
Kasey323.ink Offline
Plant Tycoon Millionaire

I was asking LadyCFII a few days ago about the change in her avatar. Again, it's very depressing to hear about precious pets dying.

Sorry LadyCFII. \:\(

#68866 - 04/07/07 04:45 AM Re: LadyCFII [Re: Kasey323.ink]
Nemyar Offline
Forum Games Enthusiast

Oh I'm sorry to hear that

#68891 - 04/07/07 03:45 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: Nemyar]
Anaksuel Offline
Consigliere

Loc: High Desert
I am sorry to hear about your precious Mysti. I know how hard it is to loose them.

#68910 - 04/07/07 05:27 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: Borg]
Umineko Otaku Offline

Originally Posted By: Borg
LadyCFII,

My condolences on the loss of your beautiful dog, Mysti. I apologize if there was a thread I missed about it.

What happened to Mysti, if it is not inappropriate to ask? I hope it was not the tainted pet food I have been hearing about on the news.

Again, deep sympathies for your loss. I have lost pets as well and I know that they are just like family.

Sadly,
-Borg

PS for people reading this thread, here is a picture of Mysti that LadyCFII posted just last month:

i heard about that food. I am sorry to hear about that. i have a dog too and i would hate to lose her especially if it was the dog food. the poison in it is rat poison which is also in cigarretes. again i am sorry. I will pray for you.

#68915 - 04/07/07 06:09 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: ]
Bannaner1993 Offline
Adviser

Loc: By the Lake
Hello,

As I have said before LadyCFII, my condolances. I hope you can recoupe from your loss as soon as possible.

#68917 - 04/07/07 06:28 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: Bannaner1993]
melizrod Offline
Adviser

Loc: New Jersey
Barbara,
You have my heartfelt sympathy about Mysti's passing. I have been through it myself several times and I know it feels as though a part of your heart has been ripped out. I can say it does get easier with time and the pain turns to a loving ache and remberance.

Mary

#68920 - 04/07/07 06:58 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: melizrod]
PurrfectPeach Offline
Adviser

Loc: USA
I'm sorry for your loss; she was a beautiful dog.

#68937 - 04/07/07 08:35 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: PurrfectPeach]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Thank you all for your kindness. This has been a difficult time for me. Mysti was 15 years old, which is amazing for a dog her size. She was just old, and it was her time to go. She was my constant companion all these years, and I miss her so much. I thought I would share one of her baby pictures with all of you - you can see why she captured my heart from the very beginning. \:\)

Attachments
1512-MystiBaby.jpg

#68944 - 04/07/07 10:00 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: LadyCFII]
Bannaner1993 Offline
Adviser

Loc: By the Lake
Aww, I can see why you fell in love with her. Are you getting a new puppy/dog anytime soon?

#68959 - 04/08/07 12:51 AM Re: LadyCFII [Re: LadyCFII]
Dannny Offline

What a beautiful sharing, Barbara. Mysti was a heart-grabber from the start, wasn't she? Our lives are blessed by the pets who put their trust in us. What a wonderful companion she must have been to you. All my condolences. May she rest and play in rainbows.

#68963 - 04/08/07 01:02 AM Re: LadyCFII [Re: Bannaner1993]
QuickStorm Offline
Legend

Loc: America's Birthplace
Barbara, my thoughts are with you and the heartbreak you are going through has been felt by all of us one time or another.

I've had many pets since my childhood but one will always have a big piece of my heart, Sable. Sable was a sheltie who adopted me. Friends of ours had puppies and we wanted to see them though they were only two weeks old; mommy brought her to me. Sable was so small that I held her in my hand with her head resting on my thumb. She was mine. Sable was born on my parents wedding anniversary and I was able to bring her home on my birthday.

Earlier today, as I was vacuuming under the dining room table, I was missing her so much. She had a habit of almost always eating her dog biscuits/bones under the table and, of course, when you vacuumed the little pieces would be heard when they went into it. Today, I missed that sound.

Sable, had a heart murmur. She left us one cold Friday evening. Being a good companion and friend for 12 years, she just went over and layed by the back door (which she usually did when she wanted out) and went to sleep.

Wouldn't it be cool if your Mysti, my Sable and all of our wonderful furry companions are living on an island with plenty of water to play in and drink, chew toys, the best food and lots of running space to live happily ever after.

#68966 - 04/08/07 01:22 AM Re: LadyCFII [Re: QuickStorm]
Terina Offline
Master

Loc: BC Canada
Oh my LadyCF, my deepest heartfelt sympathies, I hope your feeling better, sorry i havent said so earlier, but i have been away for a few days sick. many hugs and best wishes.

#68977 - 04/08/07 02:31 AM Re: LadyCFII [Re: Terina]
Neddog Offline
Expert

Loc: Canada
I'm really sorry to hear about this, Barbara.

It's good though, that she lived out a full lifetime, and probably had a good one, with a loving mom and all. \:\)

#69126 - 04/09/07 03:04 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: Neddog]
TheVillageIdiot Offline
Sage

Loc: Island of Isola
Hey BB, I've been busy and just got back from spring break. I just noticed your new avatar and see you must have lost your pet. And thanks for the link to this thread.

I know how hard it is to lose a pet that is part of your family. My most sincere condolences go out to you and your family for your lost. Mysti was a cute little bugger! We have three dogs’, two (Mugsy and Buddy) showed up on our doorstep that were apparently dumped. We gladly took them in and nursed them to good health. They are out door pets, but have a heated garage for shelter. The other is a Multi-pooh (Dash), which I gave to my wife as a Christmas gift in 2004. Just last night I was converting Christmas video’s to avi’s and was reminded how cute he was as a puppy. Our last indoor dog was a cocker spaniel. She died from a tumor in 2002 and was 15 as well. We got her the year my wife and I were married, so she grew up with our three boys (or was it the other way around). Our youngest was only three at the time, but he still talks about her “silly” quirks she had.

Fifteen years is a long time, but like children, they seem to grow up so fast. She was very blessed having you as her caregiver. Not many pets are lucky enough to have a caregiver that can take them to work, much less being able to spend that much time with them. Your sadness is clearly due to your over whelming love you two shared together. So as your heart aches over your loss, always remember it is due to the love the two of you had for each other. For that reason we cannot have love with out heartache. But knowing the love you two shared together she will always be missed, but just try to focus on that love, and the times you had together. In time this love will slowly fill the void she left in your heat.

Love,

VI

#69369 - 04/11/07 03:21 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: LadyCFII]
bethlham Offline
Guru

Aww, she was a precious pup! I am sorry for your loss but I am glad you had so many years to enjoy her company. I also understand how you must feel having lost loved pets as well. My thoughts are with you and I hope your heartache turns to warm nostalgia as soon as possible.

#69439 - 04/12/07 01:26 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: bethlham]
miskinsincap Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Turkey
I'm sorry to hear your loss. When I first saw your avatar, I thought the photo resembled my dog a lot. She is also 15 years old now and we're beginning to get worried to every little thing.
15 years is a long time, but when you have such a great companion, it just doesn't feel enough. Still, I think, Mysti and you were lucky to have known eachother. I hope another little rascal can steal your heart soon, and you can raise her (or him) by telling great stories about Mysti.

#69451 - 04/12/07 03:55 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: LadyCFII]
jlb67 Offline
Expert

Loc: Bristol, UK.
I'm am so sorry about Mysti, she looked a beautiful pup aswell as an adult. We had to have Sasha our GSD put to sleep just before christmas & we still miss her. But we think of all the good things we had when she was here, also we are lucky to have one of her pups Missy who follows in her foot steps in the way she acts. Again i'm sorry to here about your sad loss.

#69453 - 04/12/07 04:29 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: jlb67]
bajacalla Offline
Trainee

Loc: Terra Encantada
I am so sorry for your loss. my life has been spent in the service of animals, and there is no grief quite like that of losing a beloved pet. they are with us too briefly - and the love in their hearts is unconditional. my condolences.

#69476 - 04/12/07 09:20 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: bajacalla]
Izzy2k2 Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Oklahoma
You have my condolences, LadyCFII. It's so sad when a pet truly loved is lost. Mysti must have gripped your heart when you saw her. She almost reminds me of my uncle's dog, who's name was Lucky, but was the most unluckiest dog in the world! All of the forums understand how you feel. And, of course, all dogs go to heaven \:\) .

#69559 - 04/13/07 03:15 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: Izzy2k2]
RockLobster Offline
Trainee

Again, my condolences. But at least you can take comfort that she had a good life - which is clearly evident by the happy expression on her face.
And what a pup she was! Aren't they great when they're all soft, cuddly and squishy? And it only gets better as they grow to become remarkable companions.

#69607 - 04/13/07 10:04 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: RockLobster]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

Everytime a beloved cat or dog died (more than one of which was accidently run over by my sister when she was learning to drive!) when I was a kid growing up, and even when I was a young adult, it was not long before another pet or two (or three) joined the household.

Then I figured out I was allergic to dogs and cats and sadly I have been without their companionship since \:\( , but at least I don't wheeze and I can breath through my nose.

I miss them all but I miss Sandy, Strohs, Beowulf, Blackie, Stripes, and Fluffy the most.

Any thoughts about getting another pet after a beloved pet dies?

#69610 - 04/13/07 11:01 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: Borg]
eyeshigh Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Loc: Houston, TX
I think it is more about getting the right pet, not just another pet.

My cat Easu was killed when I was 14 years old, I was 26 before I got another one, Piaget. Actually, he got me more than I got him. Lil bugger jumped right in my car and sat in the passenger seat waiting to be taken home. He was freezing and starving and I guess he knew he couldn't survive without a person at his beck and call.

My dog Jorge passed just over a year ago. And we lost my mom's dog Gus a year and a half before that. I'm not sure I'll ever get another dog. Jorge means more to me than most people. I'm not sure that I could ever really love another dog, especially if I'm trying to. I've never tried to love a pet before, all of my pets have found me when I wasn't really looking.

Jorge followed me everywhere at my grandmother's house, escaped the kennel and waited outside for me every morning until my dad realized that the dog was going to follow me 200 miles back home. I think I wouldn't have survived if it wasn't for that dog. My cat was killed after I had surgery for my shattered knee shattered my knee, a week before my birthday. For months I had almost no contact with anyone, and I didn't want it. The amazing part is, the dog was the only one who could get near me without hurting my leg. Everyone else bumped it, the other dog ran right into it. Jorge never ever even brushed my knee, even when he was sitting less than half an inch from me. One day I fell, trying to get up and in the wheelchair on my own, and he ran and got my mom outside, going to the sliding door and using his paws to push it open, and going across the street where mom was talking to a neighboor. When she got there, I had passed out from the pain.

The only bad thing about Jorge was that it was a pain to get him to take medicine. He could always get the pill out of the treat.

The only other pet that was really mine was Esau. When I was little I used to go to daycare at this lady's house. Her cat had kittens, and one of the kittens liked to hide in my shoes (no shoes in the house). WHen the lady asked us if we wanted a cat, Mom said we could get a girl cat, but the day we went to get the girl kitten, no one could find her. We looked and looked and looked, and we finally gave up. When we left, Esau was sitting in my shoes, and he came home with us instead. He was my constant companion for 6 years, got along with my mom's pets, and everyone he ever met.

its sad, i still cry when i think about him
i love Piaget now, but he isn't anything like Esau
i expect to still cry for Jorge, I had him longer and his passing is more recent, but I didn't think i could still cry for my cat.

#69614 - 04/13/07 11:45 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: Borg]
melikevv Offline
Expert

Loc: texas
sorry about mysti see must have been a good dog such a tiny puppy and a big dog but a faithful companion.

#69620 - 04/14/07 01:19 AM Re: LadyCFII [Re: melikevv]
melikevv Offline
Expert

Loc: texas
my cat died 2 months ago it was sad \:\(

#69627 - 04/14/07 02:51 AM Re: LadyCFII [Re: melikevv]
DaisyGR Offline

Loc: Greece
LadyCFII,
I'm so sorry to hear about that. I lost a lot of pets and I know how you feel. It's really hard.
You have my condolences.
But I'm sure that sweet Mysti became an angel and she watches you from the heaven. She's glad when you are laughing, she's sad when you are crying and she wants you to be happy.

#69628 - 04/14/07 03:49 AM Re: LadyCFII [Re: LadyCFII]
Suze Offline

Loc: Jacksonville, FL
I'm very sorry to hear about your lpss as well. I too use one of my two dogs as my avatar - thats my Domino. We also have a Rotti, name Tank. the use of Domino is by no means that I love Tank less, I just love the pic.

#69634 - 04/14/07 04:48 AM Re: LadyCFII [Re: Suze]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

Domino looks like he is ready to drive the firetruck!

#69637 - 04/14/07 05:05 AM Re: LadyCFII [Re: Suze]
OINKA Offline

LadyCFII,

To lose a pet, especially one you raised from puppy, is so extremely painful. Basically, you have lost a "child" because you raised that precious "little person with four paws and fur", nurtured and loved her for many wonderful years. I am so sorry for your lost.

Take time to grieve and reflect on this precious gift, Mysti, was in your life. Remember all of her "barks", her good and bad times, and especially the joy she brought to you and your family.

Remember also, the poem "Rainbow Bridge" when you will be united with your precious Mysti once again.

Perhaps someday you will open your heart to another "little person with four paws and fur", however, take your time now and remember your beloved pet, friend and companion.

Losing a pet is as stressful as losing a human family member...because they "are" part of your family.

I wish you God's love through this difficult time.

#69696 - 04/14/07 09:23 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: Borg]
Suze Offline

Loc: Jacksonville, FL
He does love to go for car rides. Puts him right to sleep like a baby.

#69698 - 04/14/07 10:23 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: LadyCFII]
harry210 Offline
Adviser

Loc: Scotland
She looks like quite a character, I am sure you must have many fond memories of her. As Mary said it does get easier with time, I know as I have been in your position so many times over the years.

Her paw print will remain forever on your heart.

Take care,

Sandra

Keep on playin.....

#69707 - 04/15/07 01:50 AM Re: LadyCFII [Re: harry210]
McKittyKat55 Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: America's Dairyland
i have just found this thread and am sorry if i sound naive when i say: LadyCFII, i noticed the change in avatar and feel terrible, i have also lost a few pets very close to my heart.

my opinion on a new pet when one dies is you should get one, the old pet would want you to be happy with a companion. But you should wait until your over being heartbroken, it makes it much easier for you to choose that special pet.

again, stay strong but grieve enough to get over it.

#69793 - 04/15/07 09:54 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: melikevv]
Umineko Otaku Offline

Originally Posted By: melikevv
my cat died 2 months ago it was sad \:\(

I also had a cat. she was like only 1 when she ran away. I couldn't stop crying. Barbara, at least you got to see her for more than i did my kitten. Her name was Kaytie. It has probally been a year since she ran away. she is either dead or with a good family or with a bad family or at the SPCA. sometimes i still go to that website to see if she is still there. If you ever see a gray tabby with black stripes. get her and say "Kaytie". she will wag her tail. that is the only way to tell. and she has no claws. I really want her home so if you find her PM me please. My dad won't let me get another cat, but my mom said if she came back he would let me keep her. Please look for her if you are in Houston,Texas.

#69805 - 04/15/07 10:03 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: ]
Umineko Otaku Offline

great now im crying. i always cry when i talk or even think about kaytie. i love her and always will. sadly i don't really have a picture of her. not now anyways. im gonna ask my mom for it. she was(or is) really cute. the picture was made when we first got her. she was probally about 6 months old during the picture. it showed her wrapped in a string of red yarn. she was tiny and energetic. when we first got her she would literally run sideways across the front of the couch, you now where you put your back on. it was funny to watch her do that. after a while we started letting her outside at night so she would be less crazy. it worked but a few days after that is when she ran away. that is all i have about her.

#69809 - 04/15/07 10:09 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: ]
Umineko Otaku Offline

i do have another pet. she is a dog named jazmine, jazy for short. we got her when she was 1. when she was a little puppy, one of her sibliings were playing with her and accidentally clawed her right eye. she is blind in that one. and one time she almost lost the other one. when we were in the county, my gg, my grandma, and i went up a hill with jazmine and gg's dog Linley. well we got to the top and GG saw a house and went to look. then twoo rotwrilers attacked us. Jazmine bravely stood up and fought while me, GG, and linley ran down the hill. she was scratched under her good eye. She saved us from getting hurt. She is a hero!

#69820 - 04/15/07 11:05 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: ]
McKittyKat55 Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

isolakitten, i feel for you, i only had 2 weeks with the first cat i adopted ...

my neighbor found a family of kittens and a mother. she happened to work at a zoo and took them in. me and my mom went to look at the kittens, because our cat was getting old and ,frankly, boring. one kitten didn't hiss when i picked it up one only curiously at me. we adopted him and named him dozer. he wasn't neutared so we sent him to our regular vet. that night my mom told me he was dead. i was little, about 6 or 7, i couldn't believe it! he was only 2 or 3 weeks old so it wasn't of old age. as it turned out dozer had a terrible reaction to a drug that was nessasary for the surgery. i felt it was my fault for picking him in the first place. he could have been choosen by a family that wanted kittens and didn't need him to be neutared. he would have been 5 this year.

a few months later i came down with the stomach flu ,on valetines day no less, i swear i barfed more that night than ever. on the 4th day i felt better but it was saturday, so no school. we went to the humane soectiy right when it opened because you basically had 1/2 an hour to get a kitten. we chose a light brown one and named him benny. last night my mom said dozer happened for a reason, we got to meet benny. benny is the sweetest cat in the world. you can do anything with him! i hope to be a zoologist someday, so i practice on benny (gently!). i love him.

Edited by McKittyKat55 (04/15/07 11:08 PM)

#69823 - 04/15/07 11:19 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: McKittyKat55]
Umineko Otaku Offline

one time my neighbors, who are my best freinds, had a kitten in a box dropped off on their lawn. they knew i liked cats and didn't have one so they came and showed her to me. she looked like kaytie yet smaller. i took her inside and up into my gameroo, i was watching the Lion King, and whenever i put my hand just above her body she would jump up so my hand would rub against her fur. i named her Bastet, after the Egyptian goddess with a cat head; the reason they worshiped cats. She had a limp but it got better. i asked my dad if she could stay over night and pretty much he let me keep her. but she would always poop in the dirty clothes so we had to give her away.
oh and thanks Mckittykat55 for replying. \:\)

#69824 - 04/15/07 11:30 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: ]
McKittyKat55 Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

anytime \:\)

#70189 - 04/19/07 11:23 AM Re: LadyCFII [Re: McKittyKat55]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Barbara,

I'm ashamed to say that I've only just noticed the change in your avatar and what it implied, so I went searching and found this thread.

I realise it's rather late, but allow me to add my condolences on your loss.

#70415 - 04/21/07 11:25 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: LadyCFII]
colourmehappy Offline
Master

Loc: Portugal
My thoughts are with you and Mysti.

#70519 - 04/23/07 04:25 AM Re: LadyCFII [Re: LadyCFII]
salazar Offline

im so sorry tp hear this.mysti was a beautiful dog ,and it is so sad to hear about this loss of life.

#71501 - 05/02/07 10:34 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: salazar]
Unicorn

Everyone here has been so supportive and caring, both publicly and privately. I really appreciate it. As many of you have said, Mysti can never be replaced and I will always love and miss the special place she had in my life. It's still hard to think of her or talk about her without crying, but life goes on and I try to focus on the wonderful times that she spent with us.

Not long ago, my husband started looking for a special puppy for us, and we now have a new family member, Maggie. She is so full of energy and is the softest thing you can imagine. I'm sure that she will, like Mysti, bring us many years of happiness in her own way. I took a picture of her in our yard yesterday for all of you to see:

Attachments
1570-MaggieSmall.jpg

#71503 - 05/02/07 10:51 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: LadyCFII]
Wonka2 Offline
Expert

Loc: Waltham, Mass. USA
Sorry for your loss. Maggie is a cutie.
I hope you have many years with her.

#71505 - 05/02/07 10:54 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: ]
Unicorn

Thank you. That's some pretty nice teamwork your girls have going on. \:\)

#71526 - 05/03/07 01:34 AM Re: LadyCFII [Re: LadyCFII]
Wonka2 Offline
Expert

Thanks. They're my babies.

#71530 - 05/03/07 02:03 AM Re: LadyCFII [Re: ]
bajantara Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Loc: Barbados
LadyC, Maggie is just beautiful. I'm sure she's already wonderful company \:\)

#71542 - 05/03/07 04:25 AM Re: LadyCFII [Re: bajantara]
sfrose Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Awww, she's really cute. Enjoy!

Isola is a magic island! All sorts of strange things can happen, and often do happen. -- arnie

#71579 - 05/03/07 05:06 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: sfrose]
Carla Administrator Offline
Executive Producer

Loc: Italy
Yes she is super cute! She seems sooo soft and fluffy! \:\)

#71580 - 05/03/07 05:10 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: Carla]
Grann Offline
Adviser

Loc: Arizona
What personality she has, you can see it in the photo. I hope she becomes as dear to you as Mysti was. She looks adorable.
Cindy

#71582 - 05/03/07 05:24 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: Carla]
Yahya Offline
Trainee

LadyCFII,

Your new puppy is adorable. May I ask what breed she is, we too just lost our Abby? I'll post a picture soon. And while we can never replace her we do want another dog. We have really never been without a dog so it is very difficult. Not sure what kind we want but looking at different breeds. Abby was a Collie. I am not sure how old Abby was because someone left her on the side of the road, my friend picked her up and we took her in as a family member. She was approximately 2-3 years when she was found. I just couldn't see having her go to a shelter because we know what they do to animals in those places. We also had a Catahoula Ker with blue eyes (her name was Buzz), who was 15 years when she died. I was devastated when she died. The Vet said that was very old for a dog, which at the time I didn't realize.
I am leaning towards either a Cocker Spaniel, or Irish Setter this time. We may look at adoption too since there are so many dogs without homes. Just not sure.

Anyways have fun with your new baby, she really is a Cutie!

Yahya

#71584 - 05/03/07 05:25 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: Grann]
Kasey323.ink Offline
Plant Tycoon Millionaire

Sooooooo cute, LadyCFII!!! By the way, Maggie is one of my mum's names!! LOL.

#71588 - 05/03/07 05:36 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: Kasey323.ink]
harry210 Offline
Adviser

Loc: Scotland
I agree she is adorable, is she a labrador retrevier?

Our pup Harry has just turned six months, I wish we had been brave enough to get another dog sooner we were seven years without. We have four cats and they are fantastic but not the same as a wee dog.

I wish you and Maggie many happy years together, I am sure she will have a gaurdian angel called Mysti watching over her...

Keep on playin.....

#71605 - 05/03/07 08:18 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: LadyCFII]
tibicar Offline
Trainee

Loc: Morecambe, UK
I send my condolences as well.
Have been away a couple of days and only just noticed the change in avatar.
Rachel

#71614 - 05/03/07 08:42 PM Re: LadyCFII [contains new puppy update] [Re: Yahya]
Unicorn

Maggie is a Golden Retriever. My husband chose that breed because Golden Retrievers are such excellent family dogs - they are wonderful companions and great with small children (like my 3 young grandsons, who live next door). She will probably grow to be about the same size that Mysti was: 60 pounds or so. We both agreed that we should have another dog, and I'm actually glad that he decided to start looking. I probably would have waited too long, and I think that would have been a mistake. \:\) Maggie has already become very attached to me, and (of course) has snuggled her way into my heart, to start taking her place alongside Mysti.

Mysti's brother, Kodi, is my grandsons' dog, and although he is old (as was Mysti), he is still doing reasonably well. Once he joins his sister, Maggie will be the only dog in the family, since my son and his wife plan to get fishies next. \:D

#71616 - 05/03/07 09:30 PM Re: LadyCFII [contains new puppy update] [Re: LadyCFII]
McKittyKat55 Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

awwwwww! Maggie is really cute! \:\)

#71683 - 05/04/07 03:27 AM Re: LadyCFII [Re: LadyCFII]
Zia Offline
Expert

Wow what a cuddly-poo! Congrats! She's darling!!!

#71686 - 05/04/07 03:55 AM Re: LadyCFII [Re: Zia]
blue_koka Offline
Consigliere

LadyCFII I have been posting all day. I have been away from the forum for awhile and didn't know that you had lost your dog Mysti. We have a dog named Duke who is so much part of our family that we can't even bare to think of him leaving us. He is now 16 years old. You would never know it he is still so playful,but he can no longer hear.
I have a black cat named ash who is a year and a mini pincher named kokakola who is 6.And I never could understand anyone who cried over losing an animal before.Because they have actually had funerals for thier pets.
But a couple of years ago we had a mini pincher named chandie.She was the cutest and the sweetest little thing who was hit by a hit and run driver.I never felt such a loss in my life.And my other animals I feel the same about.
So you have my most deepest sympathy.And even though your new puppy won't take mystis place,there is always room for more.So again I am so sorry for your loss.

#71693 - 05/04/07 04:14 AM Re: LadyCFII [Re: Grann]
Magick Offline
Adviser

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
My condolences on the loss of your beautiful baby Mysti. But also congratulations on the new addition to your family. Maggie is gorgeous and I'm sure that she will bring you many years of new and wonderful experiences \:\)

#71714 - 05/04/07 11:27 AM Re: LadyCFII [Re: Magick]
tibicar Offline
Trainee

Loc: Morecambe, UK
Maggie is gorgeous, and I am sure she will bring years of happiness which is what Mysti would want for you. \:\)

#72432 - 05/11/07 05:31 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: tibicar]
JenW Offline

Loc: Maryland
Dear LadyCFII, I too am sorry to hear of Mysti's passing. I know how hard it is, having lost pets too, but you will see her again someday, that I'm sure of and until then I'm sure she'll be keeping an eye on Maggie for you ! Maggie is a DOLL!!! We just got a cream-colored Shiba-Inu and my son named him Cujo (very appropriate name as he can be quite a little devil when he wants to be!!) This is him at 2 months. He's almost 5 months now. \:\)

#72434 - 05/11/07 05:49 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: JenW]
Funkiroller Offline
Expert

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
I am sorry for you loss. It is hard to get over the loss of a pet. They are like your kids. You raise them and nurture them. I am glad that you had 15 wonderful years with your dog. I am sure that she had 15 wonderful years with you!

#72435 - 05/11/07 05:52 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: JenW]
bajantara Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Loc: Barbados
Originally Posted By: JenW
We just got a cream-colored Shiba-Inu and my son named him Cujo (very appropriate name as he can be quite a little devil when he wants to be!!) This is him at 2 months. He's almost 5 months now. \:\)

Little devil he may be, but Cujo looks a real heart-stealer \:\)

#72436 - 05/11/07 06:05 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: JenW]
Wonka2 Offline
Expert

Cool!

Dog photo time!

Here are my girls as puppies.

#72453 - 05/11/07 10:21 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: LadyCFII]
jlb67 Offline
Expert

Maggie looks beautiful, enjoy the years you have ahead of you. She can help you get through this sad time.
Hera are some pics of my little darlings.
Sasha (mum) had to be put to sleep last Nov.
We still have (dad) C.J & (daughter) Missy.
Hope to more pics of Maggie as she grows.

Attachments
1590-Sasha19..jpg

1591-SashaJuly03.JPG

1593-C.J.jpg

1594-CJ.Lazing.jpg (327 downloads)
1595-Missy7mthsold.jpg (389 downloads)
1596-MissyguardingmygrandaughterLili.May.jpg (370 downloads)

#72688 - 05/14/07 01:39 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: jlb67]
JenW Offline

WillieWonka - they are PRECIOUS!!! as pups and adults - what breed are they? And I LOVE Willie Wonka BTW. lol

bajantara - thanks! Yes, he is - he's smart as a whip too!

Edited by JenW (05/14/07 01:40 PM)

#72754 - 05/15/07 08:19 AM Re: LadyCFII [Re: JenW]
PurrfectPeach Offline
Adviser

I believe they are German Shepherds, and yes, they are very good-looking dogs \:\)

#72765 - 05/15/07 02:09 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: PurrfectPeach]
Wonka2 Offline
Expert

Actually they are both purebred chinese shar pei.

#72770 - 05/15/07 02:54 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: ]
JenW Offline

the chocolate one looks like he's saying, PLEASE turn off the flash!!! \:\)

#72785 - 05/15/07 07:15 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: JenW]
Wonka2 Offline
Expert

Actually, many of the type with the excessive wrinkles have major eye problems. When they're this small, the hair turns in and scratches the eye, causing eventual blindness. We were lucky, no damage or surgery needed. Once their head grows, it is no longer an issue unless the eyes swell because of allergies or a _bug_ bite.
Here she is at a year and a half.

#72808 - 05/15/07 09:13 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: ]
JenW Offline

Aww - that's really something, didn't know that. but they are so cute!! I'm glad you got 2 healthy ones. \:\)

#72817 - 05/15/07 10:49 PM Re: LadyCFII [contains new puppy update] [Re: Borg]
Krystal Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: The 'Merica
LadyCFII- I know what it feels like to lose a pet. I myself lost a very precious cat a few years ago. I think she got into rat poison or something else internal.

And unfortunately, I have to give up the cat I have now! She won't use the litter box , and we are giving her to a co-worker of my father's.

I'm really going to miss her!!

Edited by Krystal (05/15/07 11:32 PM)

#72818 - 05/15/07 10:52 PM Re: LadyCFII [contains new puppy update] [Re: Krystal]
Krystal Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Here are some pictures of my cat that I have to give up. She's so silly!

Attachments
1600-Bigfoot.JPG

#73099 - 05/19/07 12:30 AM Re: LadyCFII [contains new puppy update] [Re: Krystal]
Wonka2 Offline
Expert

OK
Since we have alot of pet lovers here, I am making a plea to anybody in the Savannah Georgia area.
I am also a member on another forum where we are trying to find a hurt, lost dog.
Maybe someone here can help.
Please read about Brandy:

http://www.sharpeiforums.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/ubb/get_topic/f/2/t/000942/p/1.html

#73106 - 05/19/07 01:59 AM Re: LadyCFII [Re: LadyCFII]
MochaJew Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Anywhere but here
Dear LadyCFI:
My husband and I are so sorry for your lost. Having been gone for awhile, we just found out. Maggie is just precious.

#73107 - 05/19/07 02:01 AM Re: LadyCFII [Re: ]
MochaJew Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

I love your girls. They appear to bring you much joy.

#73130 - 05/19/07 12:33 PM Re: LadyCFII [contains new puppy update] [Re: Krystal]
Kasey323.ink Offline
Plant Tycoon Millionaire

Originally Posted By: Krystal
LadyCFII- I know what it feels like to lose a pet. I myself lost a very precious cat a few years ago. I think she got into rat poison or something else internal.

And unfortunately, I have to give up the cat I have now! She won't use the litter box , and we are giving her to a co-worker of my father's.

I'm really going to miss her!!

Krystal, I'm very sorry about your cat. Ihope you don't get rid of her in the end. \:\)

#75572 - 06/11/07 04:18 PM Re: LadyCFII [contains new puppy update] [Re: Krystal]
Unicorn

Several people have asked to see newer pictures of Maggie, so here's a picture from the weekend. She's almost 5 months old now and looks less like a puppy and more like a dog. She weighs 35 pounds and will start filling out over the next few months. She has started to lose her puppy fluff (all over the house and our clothes), and parts of her are getting her grown-up fur. I'll post pics about once a month until she loses all that puppy stuff and turns into a dog! \:D

Attachments
1646-MaggieSunset.jpg

#75579 - 06/11/07 04:46 PM Re: LadyCFII [contains new puppy update] [Re: LadyCFII]
QuickStorm Offline
Legend

I love Maggie. She is so beautiful.

#75599 - 06/11/07 05:51 PM Re: LadyCFII [contains new puppy update] [Re: QuickStorm]
Tmac Offline
Master

what a beautiful picture.
what a beautiful face.
it looks like she has very soulful eyes.

Edited by tmac (06/11/07 05:53 PM)

#75603 - 06/11/07 06:07 PM Re: LadyCFII [contains new puppy update] [Re: Tmac]
eyeshigh Offline
Senior Uber-Member

howw on earth do you get her to sit still for pictures?

#75605 - 06/11/07 06:13 PM Re: LadyCFII [contains new puppy update] [Re: eyeshigh]
Unicorn

Maggie and I are working very hard on her manners. I tell her to sit and stay, and she does (mostly).

We have a wonderful trainer that teaches me how to train her gently and effectively, and it is working beautifully. When it's time to eat, she sits down, waits for me to put her food bowl down and give her permission before she starts eating. She's becoming a very polite puppy. \:\)

#75609 - 06/11/07 06:20 PM Re: LadyCFII [contains new puppy update] [Re: LadyCFII]
eyeshigh Offline
Senior Uber-Member

wow

our dogs would knock out of the way to get their food

and when they saw a camera they went nuts

but Gus and Jorge (i do miss them both) never responded well to training

Jorge just looked at you like you were an idiot when you tried to train him, and Gus...well...lets just say he was a very special dog..he would sit (rear end on the ground for an average of 3.4 seconds), and shake (one paw, and then the other, sometimes not getting the first on the floor before trying to lift the other), and speak (loud, repeatedly), and fetch (but not return) and he loved getting our newpaper (and the neighboor's to the left, the one across the street, and neighboor's two doors down on the right)

and Gus woud take a sandwich right out of your hand if you were not careful

Jorge on the other hand prefered atealing pizza, once slice at a time from the box when your back was turned, and corn on the cob (he got every kernel, and never ate the cob)

#75624 - 06/11/07 07:05 PM Re: LadyCFII [contains new puppy update] [Re: eyeshigh]
Unicorn

You have to admit, Jorge displayed some raw talent there!

#75627 - 06/11/07 08:06 PM Re: LadyCFII [contains new puppy update] [Re: LadyCFII]
eyeshigh Offline
Senior Uber-Member

no one ever beleived it until they would see him do it

Jorge was a smart puppy

I'm not sure I ever want another dog after that

the vet was joking today that no other dog could live up to our legendary dogs, Gus and Jorge

they have as many stories as we do about the babies

Jamie, the receptionist called Gus, King Gus, because every time we brought him in, we had to roll out the red carpet, literally

he couldn't walk on their tile floors without slipping, so we would have to bring a rug and roll it out for him to walk on, and roll it up and take it with us when he was done

she said the first time she saw that she nearly died because he just stood outside the door, waiting for the carpet to be rolled out

#76007 - 06/13/07 02:03 PM Re: LadyCFII [contains new puppy update] [Re: eyeshigh]
Unicorn

Could Jorge do this? I took this picture of Maggie in my office last night.

Attachments
1658-ExecutiveMaggie.jpg

#76014 - 06/13/07 02:30 PM Re: LadyCFII [contains new puppy update] [Re: LadyCFII]
QuickStorm Offline
Legend

Not only is Maggie a looker but she is extremely organized. Look at how neat the office is.

#76030 - 06/13/07 04:20 PM Re: LadyCFII [contains new puppy update] [Re: QuickStorm]
Terina Offline
Master

Loc: BC Canada
LOL ohh how cute, shes so pretty, quite the good looking young lady, your gonna have to buy a gun to ward off them icky males LOL.

Their only slightly different from kids.

#76065 - 06/13/07 06:40 PM Re: LadyCFII [contains new puppy update] [Re: Terina]
eyeshigh Offline
Senior Uber-Member

ooh, Jorge was decidedly less neat than that! and he never really liked chairs, didn't see the point i suppose when he could get up on the couch for a snooze.

seeing your new baby almost makes me want another dog.

#76075 - 06/13/07 07:05 PM Re: LadyCFII [contains new puppy update] [Re: eyeshigh]
Unicorn

Shall I keep posting adorable little pics until you cave??? <evil grin>

#76106 - 06/13/07 09:16 PM Re: LadyCFII [contains new puppy update] [Re: LadyCFII]
eyeshigh Offline
Senior Uber-Member

its not actually my choice right now anyhow, so it would just torture me

i got a cat less than a year ago, and he isn't dealing so well with my brothers dog, who is a lazy bulldog and hardly even chases him, so i don't know how Piaget would deal with a normal puppy who is full of energy, and I'm not ousting him from his position as King for quite some time... poor thing had a hard life before he came to live here

#76120 - 06/13/07 09:32 PM Re: LadyCFII [contains new puppy update] [Re: eyeshigh]
Unicorn

OK - I'll make sure that any pictures of Maggie that I post aren't aimed at coaxing you into puppy ownership! \:\)

#76121 - 06/13/07 09:35 PM Re: LadyCFII [contains new puppy update] [Re: eyeshigh]
Kasey323.ink Offline
Plant Tycoon Millionaire

Yes, LadyCFII, do keep posting more pics of your little doggy. \:D

#76139 - 06/13/07 10:56 PM Re: LadyCFII [contains new puppy update] [Re: Kasey323.ink]
QuickStorm Offline
Legend

I wish I could get a puppy. Maggie reminds me of how much I miss having one.

We got bad news yesterday, my mom (80 yrs)found out that she has cataracts and needs to see an optimologist to have them removed. Obviously, she's nervous remembering the old way of surgery. She is finding all types of excuses of not making an appointment for just a consultation. I'm going to give her a few days and try again maybe with a few guilt trips (I learned from the best).

I don't want to have a puppy (we already have a cat) running around until we get her to have the surgery and all is healed.

#76144 - 06/13/07 11:22 PM Re: LadyCFII [contains new puppy update] [Re: QuickStorm]
Unicorn

I don't blame you. My situation is much different from yours. I really hope you can convince your mom that cataract surgery has improved substantially. I have several friends who have had that surgery, and it went very, very well. Good luck! \:\)

#76145 - 06/13/07 11:29 PM Re: LadyCFII [contains new puppy update] [Re: LadyCFII]
QuickStorm Offline
Legend

Thanks, Barbara. I'm trying my best but know when to stop pushing. My niece and nephew live with us (she's 15 and he's 11); I told mom that the summer would be the best time because the kids out of school and my nephew will be staying with his father. Please keep your fingers crossed. Not just for getting a puppy but for her to see properly.

#76147 - 06/13/07 11:31 PM Re: LadyCFII [contains new puppy update] [Re: QuickStorm]
Unicorn

I will certainly do that. It's important. \:\)

#76285 - 06/14/07 09:06 PM Re: LadyCFII [contains new puppy update] [Re: LadyCFII]
MochaJew Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

What a little sweetheart Maggie is. How fast can she type?

#76305 - 06/14/07 09:37 PM Re: LadyCFII [contains new puppy update] [Re: MochaJew]
Unicorn

Really fast, if accuracy doesn't matter! \:D

#76747 - 06/19/07 05:31 PM Re: LadyCFII [contains new puppy update] [Re: LadyCFII]
Amaya's village Offline
Trainee

Loc: PA
dear quickstorm- my mom was 76 when she had her cataract surgery-maybe your mom would find comfort in talking to other people who have had it done - thats what my mom did - she was glad she had the surgery. Sadly, the Lord called her home at the age of 78 unexpectedly. (How I miss her and it over 6 years now) Tell your mom that life is to short and to take care of herself she will be glad she did. Don't forget she is an adult and the ultimate descision is hers - so do not push too hard and get her frustrated. Keep us informed - I wish you well ; )

PS Lady CFII I know how had it is to lose an animal too - you will never replace your beloved pet (family member) but another new "child" helps to soften the pain.

#76871 - 06/20/07 06:58 PM Re: LadyCFII [contains new puppy update] [Re: LadyCFII]
jlb67 Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: LadyCFII
OK - I'll make sure that any pictures of Maggie that I post aren't aimed at coaxing you into puppy ownership! \:\)

Maggie is looking more sweeter than ever, she will have lots of bones dropped on your doorstep from lots of admirers (of her own kind) as she gets older lol.
I put some pics of my GSD's on a while ago. We now have a new pup called Alfie 4 mths old, he is a Rotteweiller & loves to play/fight with Missy nearly 3yrs, but C.J. 5 1/2 yrs will just sit & watch. Here are some pics of him & my grandaughter. Oh & 1 of my new grandson who is just 1 week old. Sorry just had to share.

Attachments
1677-LiliandAlfie..jpg (340 downloads)
1678-LiliandAlfie2..jpg (363 downloads)
1680-Lili&Harrison.jpg (285 downloads)
1681-4.Alfie.jpg (365 downloads)
1682-Picture054.jpg (313 downloads)

#76873 - 06/20/07 07:39 PM Re: LadyCFII [contains new puppy update] [Re: jlb67]
Unicorn

Cute! Alfie won't be a lap dog for long! \:\) I'll bet you're very happy to have a new grandson!

#76916 - 06/21/07 01:50 PM Re: LadyCFII [contains new puppy update] [Re: LadyCFII]
jlb67 Offline
Expert

Thank you, he is a cutie, he was only allowed to sit up on there for the pose as we have been told that with this breed you have to not let them take possession of things or they will think they own it & if he thinks its his chair as he gets older he may not let no one sit there. I thought all dog breeds could think that & it was up to you to train them not to try to take over. We all are happy with the safe arrival of Harrison. His sister adores him (we're waiting to see for how long though, lol). Hope to see more photos of Maggie soon. She looks such a lovely dog.

#76937 - 06/21/07 04:57 PM Re: LadyCFII [contains new puppy update] [Re: jlb67]
Tmac Offline
Master

hi ,jlb67

we have had rottweilers for 10 years, they are awesome family dogs!! my 150 pound rottweiler took it upon herself to adore my little nephew who has downs syndrome. when ever he came over she would kiss him silly and then lay next to him the whole time. it was very sweet. our other dog would greet him then leave. we have a 1 year old rottie now. ( we had to put our big girl to sleep, she got old and sick ) now the puppy is starting to act like her at times .they seem to be breed traits, i always joke that a rotts motto should be ,whats mine is mine and whats yours is mine!! they do tend to be a little bossy if you let them. but they love love love their pack!! when ever we come home our little foxi will just love us to death if we let her!!
she will try to get in our laps and just lay on us like we left her forever. talk about feeling the love! i hope you enjoy your little guy , or should i say both new little guys! they are very cute!!

p.s. the only time our rott was possesive of anything , it was a rawhide and i could take them away , but me husband couldn't she wouldn't let him. all of our dogs could sleep on our funiture. but if we want them off, they listen and get down. but they do tend to be bossy to other dogs . not in a mean way, just they will do things to let them know that the rott is alpha dog

Edited by tmac (06/21/07 05:06 PM)

#77052 - 06/23/07 12:23 AM Re: LadyCFII [contains new puppy update] [Re: Tmac]
Wonka2 Offline
Expert

I just finished building my girls a doghouse.
Mikki seems to like it but Maris doesn't know what to make of it yet.

See for yourself.

http://pets.webshots.com/video/3005309070086459421PEGqqO?vhost=pets

#77467 - 06/27/07 02:22 AM Re: LadyCFII [contains new puppy update] [Re: Tmac]
jlb67 Offline
Expert

Thank you for the info tmac.
I am glad someone as possitive things to say about Rotties, all we get to hear from friends & relatives is bad stories about them. We have 2 GSD's aswell, they can be so loving (licking us to death aswell) & Alfie is just the same he is only 4 mths old & already got the licking down to a tee, Especially with my 2 yr old grandaughter. Thank you again, i may PM you for advice now & again if you dont mind that is. Here are a few pics of my little darlings, Sasha who is standing we had to have put to sleep last November. C.J With her is still with us & so is their daughter Missy, aswell as Alfie. Hope you like them. Jane

#77470 - 06/27/07 03:02 AM Re: LadyCFII [contains new puppy update] [Re: jlb67]
Tmac Offline
Master

i love the pics they're too cute!! pm me anytime , if you have questions. guess what? our other dog is a german shepard too . right now our rottie, her name is foxi or i call her foxi mamala. is 14 months old. she was a good little puppy, but when that 6-7 months teenage werewolf thing kicked in. watch out!! if we didn't crate her she would look for thing to get into!! but then again i remember our german shepard doing that to . but this dog did chewup my hubbys favorite chair . but that was our fault we didn't crate her when we left for the day. well enjoy your new babies , they both grow up way too fast!!

p.s. i read in a book about rotts , that they mature slower when it comes to guarding the house . but our 9 year old german shepard taught her well. now she guards more then the other one.
i always joke about my german shepard ,that guarding is her job and she takes it serious!!

bye , tracey

oh by the way your from bristol uk,
i am from bristol township, usa, too funny!!

Edited by tmac (06/27/07 03:11 AM)

#77479 - 06/27/07 07:15 AM Re: LadyCFII [contains new puppy update] [Re: Tmac]
Keza132 Offline
Forum Games Enthusiast

Loc: England, U.K
Awww the pictures are so cute!!!!

#77554 - 06/27/07 11:31 PM Re: LadyCFII [contains new puppy update] [Re: Keza132]
jlb67 Offline
Expert

That is weird both being from a Bristol town, will take you up on the PM tmac, as i dont want to mess up with the do's & dont's with rotties. Thank you & keza_ere 07 on commenting at how cute pics are. Will talk again. Jane \:D

#77567 - 06/28/07 02:24 AM Re: LadyCFII [contains new puppy update] [Re: jlb67]
Laurelshere Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: MD

Love all of the pics Jane. The dogs are beautiful and your grandchildren are precious. I can see why you want to share with everyone!

#125551 - 03/25/08 03:53 AM Re: LadyCFII [Re: LadyCFII]
Rockmower Moderator Offline
Master Poet

Loc: The Beautiful Ozarks
//Before I start, I will tell you that this is a work of love for all our canine companions who have passed on. As many of you know, I just lost a little buddy due to a carless and irresponsible driver who was not only speeding but was passing the stopped school bus as my nieces were preparing to get off. I still don't know if the police ever caught up to this creep, but it was a horrible experience for all the youngsters on the bus to see him die like that. I have been trying to write a poem for him, which I was going to post in Off Topics, when they return. I wish to thank Barb for giving this space to write a tribute to him and all our other fine friends. I hope you enjoy it.//

Avvie by Airstream Raider
Where have all the Fan Fiction Fans gone?
(I miss Laurence cry)
I miss my wife cry

#125552 - 03/25/08 03:56 AM Re: LadyCFII [Re: Rockmower]
Unicorn

It's wonderful, Rockmower, that you will write a fitting tribute to all of the cherished companions that have been loved and lost by our forum community. Mysti's passing nearly a year ago is only one of many "lost loves" here, and I'm sure that your poem will be a fitting tribute to them all. Thank you from all of us! \:\)

#125553 - 03/25/08 04:02 AM Re: LadyCFII [Re: Rockmower]
Master Poet

My Friend

I once had a friend
so young and so bold.
My friend and I frolicked
in sunshine of gold.

My friend liked to play
in fields and near streams.
My friend would not stray
too far in my dreams.

My friend liked the children
both those young and old.
My friend would watch o'er them
when out they would roam.

My friend was so special
to more than just me.
My friend was much more
than a mere dog could be.

My friend was a hunter
of all hidden things.
My friend would find treasures
and then home them bring.

Oh maybe not a treasure
to you or to me.
But, to my friend it was special
to give them to me.

My friend has gone on now
to a place I can't yet go.
But I know in my heart
that it's where good doggies go.

Up there in the heavens
where Jesus does live.
My friend is now waiting
and again, plays with kids.

(I miss Laurence cry)
I miss my wife cry

#125556 - 03/25/08 04:13 AM Re: LadyCFII [Re: Rockmower]
Tmac Offline
Master

aw, rock you made me cry
i am sorry about your dog !
i know that you love them like they are family .
there loss can be devastating.
and if i get to heaven and there aren't dog and cats
i'll leave and go where they are \:D

r.i.p. my gypsy, my best friend for 10 years
i always told her i loved her too much
she was the best cat in the world.

#125559 - 03/25/08 04:23 AM Re: LadyCFII [Re: Tmac]
Master Poet

Originally Posted By: tmac is a girl
aw, rock you made me cry
r.i.p. my gypsy, my best friend for 10 years
i always told her i loved her too much
she was the best cat in the world.

As a supposedly gruff old man, I have to confess that you're not the only one I made cry. (I'm still wiping my own eyes) I'm sorry I didn't do it for cats too, but I think it's fitting enough for all our late animal companions.

(I miss Laurence cry)
I miss my wife cry

#125562 - 03/25/08 04:46 AM Re: LadyCFII [Re: Rockmower]
Airstream Raider Offline

Loc: blululup. Im not telling you!

i am so sorry lady. and no worries. your friend will soon meet my doggy for shes leaving us in a few weeks

rock, that was beautiful

Edited by Airstream Raider (03/25/08 04:49 AM)

tgff (ThankGoodnessForFrosting)

#125564 - 03/25/08 04:55 AM Re: LadyCFII [Re: Airstream Raider]
Airstream Raider Offline

I... Im not ready to loose her

#125568 - 03/25/08 06:29 AM Re: LadyCFII [Re: Rockmower]
Houjun Offline
Consigliere

That's such a touching tribute to those animal friends we've lost over the years.

My thoughts are with you as you deal with the loss of your friend, with AR as she deals with the imminent loss of her dog, and with all of those who have lost any of their animals friends.

Track your currency.

If you like brainteasers, you might like Braingle.

#125576 - 03/25/08 09:25 AM Re: LadyCFII [Re: Houjun]
SecretSeahorse Offline
Trainee

Loc: Travelling through space-time
Sorry to all forum members who lost their beloved pets..especially LadyCFII. Repeating what Houjun just said: "What a touching tribute!"

#125931 - 03/27/08 06:16 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: SecretSeahorse]
Joine The Great Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

I Lost Miles My 17 year old cat. he was blind AND Deaf and my mom loved him. Now he's with Mysti And Bugsy (Another dog) And many other animals too. Including a goldfish...Anyway there all up there waiting for us. I'm sorry for EVERYONE here!

P.S I know i used the wrong "there" But this comes from my heart

#125937 - 03/27/08 06:38 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: Joine The Great]
HelloWorld! Offline
Consigliere

Loc: My Dragon Cave and Isola.
My black cat Princess........she was hit by a speeding truck...She was only two.And my dog Ace,a German Shepard,The best dog in the world,my dad went out to feed him one day and.................

#125940 - 03/27/08 06:49 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: HelloWorld!]
Joine The Great Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

And what? Was he ya know? (Thats What happened to Miles Too!)

#125959 - 03/27/08 08:42 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: LadyCFII]
Annthewhofan Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Northwest, England
I'm sorry your dog Mysti passed away. My Benji a westie died in 2001 age 12 I was very sad when he went. now I got a cat called Smudge she's 7 years old.

This is Benji

Attachments
3452-Benji3.JPG

Edited by Annthewhofan (03/27/08 08:53 PM)

#125964 - 03/27/08 08:54 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: LadyCFII]
VVMeggie Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: In The Basement
Oh,I'm so sorry!Cute baby picture!

www.virtualvillagerstories.blogspot.com

Visit My Forums
www.storiesanddrawings.chocoforum.net

#125967 - 03/27/08 09:09 PM Re: LadyCFII [contains new puppy update] [Re: LadyCFII]
Annthewhofan Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Northwest, England
I love your puppy LADYFCII

#125981 - 03/27/08 10:28 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: LadyCFII]
Vict0ria Offline
Trainee

Loc: Canada, BC
so cute!!

#125999 - 03/27/08 11:27 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: Vict0ria]
*Erica* Offline
Master

Loc: Somewhere over the rainbow
oh im sorry \:\( cute puppy pic!

I have two fan fictions called "Dear Diary" & "The Sad Life of Soda" check em out

#126040 - 03/28/08 02:40 AM Re: LadyCFII [Re: *Erica*]
VVFanatic Offline
Guru

Loc: Texas
ahhh I am sorry 4 all yer losses

VF2 -80%

#126052 - 03/28/08 03:47 AM Re: LadyCFII [Re: Rockmower]
Llulabell Offline
Adviser

Loc: Darlington, SC
That is a wonderful tribute, as I sit here typing thru tears. I have 4 dogs, 2 bulldogs & 2 bulldog daschund mixes. The baby, Oscar, one of the mix dogs, has had 2 surgeries in the past month & will have a 3rd one next week. If that doesnt solve the problem we will have to..well...I dont even want to think it let alone type it. He is only 1 yr old - its been a good year, but not nearly enough time.. The other mix, Little Bear, got hit by a careless driver, fortunately he survived, but has a broken pelvis. He walked for the first time in 2 weeks yesterday, so things are looking up for him.

Thanks for such a lovely tribute. You have such talent!

#126228 - 03/29/08 12:52 AM Re: LadyCFII [Re: Llulabell]
Joine The Great Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Heres a very sad story..

I was at the vet with my Dog Thor,and a Woman walked in and said she accidently hit a dog. She had the dog with her too. Anyway the vet said they could NOT Reapet NOT Serve Her! What Creeps! SHE HIT THE DOG YOU GOTTA HELP IT!!! That was the LAST time we went to that vet. \:\/ Creeps.. some people are crazy..

#126252 - 03/29/08 03:55 AM Re: LadyCFII [Re: Joine The Great]
VVFanatic Offline
Guru

Loc: Texas
I know some vets R just in it 4 the money !!!

VF2 -80%

#126272 - 03/29/08 07:30 AM Re: LadyCFII [Re: Joine The Great]
Kadgii Kailali Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Tokyo~ lol
my first dog got hit by a car and my cat ran away. several generaitons of dead fish and two rabits later i have a dog kitten and some fishies. \:\(

#126304 - 03/29/08 12:37 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: LadyCFII]
ColeDude101 Offline
Expert

Loc: The 1st state!Delaware!
She is so cute!So sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im playing VV3 again,and I'm going to be more active on here now!

#126346 - 03/29/08 05:38 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: Joine The Great]
Llulabell Offline
Adviser

That is really upsetting that they wouldnt even try to help!
We have some friends who had a bulldog that was in labor & having a hard time of it. It's common for bulldogs to have to have C-Sections because of their narrow hips. They took her to the vet & were told, yes, she needs immediate help or she & the pups will die, but the vet is leaving on vacation this morning, so there is nothing we can do. You need to take her to another vet. I just dont understand how people can do things like that! It makes me mad & breaks my heart at the same time.

#126772 - 03/31/08 11:43 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: Llulabell]
Joine The Great Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

My Mother had my smallest dog Bella, Fixed.. We WERE gonna breed here but my mom thought due to her size she'd die tryinmg to get them out.

She's doing better now..

#126816 - 04/01/08 03:17 AM Re: LadyCFII [Re: Joine The Great]
Llulabell Offline
Adviser

Joine, I am glad to hear Bella's better now

Please keep your fingers crossed for my Oscar. He is at the vet now he had surgery this afternoon. Hopefully he can come home in a few days. And hopefully, all will be fixed & he will be well again. \:o

#126828 - 04/01/08 05:07 AM Re: LadyCFII [Re: Llulabell]
Airstream Raider Offline

#150514 - 05/25/08 03:59 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: Rockmower]
Tahoe mom Offline
Trainee

Loc: Stateline, NV
Thank You very much I know a new friend will come when it's time. My grandson (who I raise) keeps wanting me to get another dog. I have told him we may start looking this summer when he's out of school. I don't want to leave a puppy home all day by myself when no one is home for him. The mountains are so great to have a friend to enjoy them with. However living on the meadow next to the lake you need to be home with them at first until they learn about the the other animals they share there space with.
I have raised my grandson sense he was born he's now 13 and he always had Moose around never had to train him and doesn't know how important it is to work with them their first years. It just doesn't come natural they have to be trained. Again thanks for the kind words.

#150524 - 05/25/08 04:21 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: OINKA]
bunnylover Offline
Consigliere

I feel so bad for u. But at least Mysti will be in heaven now, having fun with other dogs. I hope my cat Cosmo doesn't die soon!!!!!!!!!!!! He's a wonderful cat and I love him sooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!! But, alas, everything with a start has an end.

Chicka Chicka! Boom Boom! Will there be enough room?

#158786 - 06/21/08 06:48 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: Airstream Raider]
Airstream Raider Offline

Originally Posted By: Airstream Raider

i am so sorry lady. and no worries. your friend will soon meet my doggy for shes leaving us in a few weeks

rock, that was beautiful

our dog finally left us this morning at around 9:30 AM \:\(

#158791 - 06/21/08 07:04 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: Airstream Raider]
Unicorn

I'm very sorry, AR. \:\( I know that she has left a big hole in your heart, but you will always have good memories of her. Maybe she and Mysti are playing together right now.

#158798 - 06/21/08 07:30 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: LadyCFII]
Airstream Raider Offline

\:\) thats a nice thought!

especially from someone who knows what its like loosing someone so close to you! thanks \:\)

#177256 - 11/13/08 05:45 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: Airstream Raider]
Havetia Offline
Guru

Loc: Somewhere in NC
I don't mean to be bring up an old topic, but LadyCFII how is your puppy and do you have any recent pictures?

#177269 - 11/13/08 07:09 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: Havetia]
Unicorn

Just for the fun of it, I just took another picture of Maggie in the same chair. Here is a "side-by-side" comparison of Maggie at almost 5 months and now (at almost 22 months). laugh

Attachments
Maggie all grown up.jpg

#177270 - 11/13/08 07:13 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: LadyCFII]
QuickStorm Offline
Legend

AAAAAHHH, OOOOOOHHHH! How sweet she is; makes me want one.

#177271 - 11/13/08 07:15 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: QuickStorm]
Kasey323.ink Offline
Plant Tycoon Millionaire

That coat is SO SHINY. Cute!

#177272 - 11/13/08 07:18 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: Kasey323.ink]
Havetia Offline
Guru

Awwww, she is so cute Lady. Thank you for updating this. She has grown alot since the first picture. laugh

Edited by Havetia (11/13/08 07:20 PM)
Edit Reason: Just noticed something.

#177275 - 11/13/08 07:22 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: Havetia]
Unicorn

Thanks, everyone! She's all grown up now and barely fits in the chair! That doesn't stop her from getting up on it, though! grin

#177276 - 11/13/08 08:12 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: LadyCFII]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: One of the thirteen colonies
She's cute smile

#177277 - 11/13/08 09:14 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: halidog]
Krystal Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

KAWAII!
lol, sorry. Really, she's so adorable!
I like how her ears look a little like pigtails in the new picture. grin

Edited by Krystal (11/13/08 09:15 PM)
Edit Reason: Had something to add

#177278 - 11/13/08 09:20 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: halidog]
laurence Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Paris, France
Wow! What a beautiful, elegant lady is your Maggie!! She's really very... thoroughbred! laugh

#177279 - 11/13/08 09:31 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: laurence]
Lovelychunks Offline
Expert

she is gorgeous!

#177283 - 11/13/08 10:35 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: Lovelychunks]
HarryFan17 Offline
Master

Loc: in the front row of a concert!...
She's such a beautiful dog!!

#177292 - 11/14/08 01:45 AM Re: LadyCFII [Re: LadyCFII]
knksmiles Offline
Master

What a beautiful lady you have Lady! laugh

#177308 - 11/14/08 03:59 AM Re: LadyCFII [Re: knksmiles]
Airstream Raider Offline

how cute!

#177316 - 11/14/08 06:01 AM Re: LadyCFII [Re: Airstream Raider]
Miss Monkey Girl Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Home
Very cute! grin

#177319 - 11/14/08 08:52 AM Re: LadyCFII [Re: Miss Monkey Girl]
TG3 Offline

nice looking dog!

#177322 - 11/14/08 10:22 AM Re: LadyCFII [Re: ]
CaszaGirl16138 Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Australia (via TARDIS)
Maggie is a really cute dog smile grin

You are very lucky Lady grin smile

#200053 - 06/24/09 01:54 AM Re: LadyCFII [Re: Krystal]
Joine The Great Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Aaaws! Beautiful dog reminds me so much of my teacher's dogs, Kahula and Florida, and my own boy, Thor!!

Don't worry, timid little Thor won't show up at your doorstep asking for Maggie anytime soon (At least, not while he lives at my place!), but they would make an adorable couple. I wish I had a picture of Thor to show you all!

#200060 - 06/24/09 02:05 AM Re: LadyCFII [Re: LadyCFII]
Lewanda Offline
Legend

Loc: Ky
Lady, she was a cute but she is georgeous now. What breed is she?

I'm a real dog person! smile I had a red doberman named Dixie that passed away. I still miss her! She was beautiful too, like your dog. Her coat shined like a new copper penny. She was the most intelligent dog I've ever known. I have a white toy poodle now, and she is my baby, though she doesn't keep me from missing my Dixie girl. frown

#200070 - 06/24/09 02:30 AM Re: LadyCFII [Re: Lewanda]
Unicorn

Maggie is a Golden Retriever, and a very long-haired, fluffy one, at that. I'm going to try my hand at some grooming techniques (involving clippers) to keep her nice and tidy.

Yes, it is very difficult to lose a pet, especially when they've been with you a long time. I still miss Mysti (who was also an extremely intelligent creature), even though Maggie is a wonderful, loving, intelligent companion. It's good that our hearts are big enough to hold and love them all! smile

#200073 - 06/24/09 02:37 AM Re: LadyCFII [Re: LadyCFII]
Lewanda Offline
Legend

Sometimes that very special pet comes along. Dixie was one of those. I feel that your Mysti was too. That doesn't take away at all from the love for another pet like my little Puff.

#200084 - 06/24/09 03:04 AM Re: LadyCFII [Re: Lewanda]
Havetia Offline
Guru

Sorry about your lose Lewanda. It hurts. I'm afraid I'm going to loose my buddy soon. He's is 14. This year he has: lost his hearing, when he sleeps it is hard to arose him, and when he's walking he'll all of a sudden stop and stare into space. One time he was standing still, and I waved my hand in front of him and poked him gently and he didn't make any response. frown He's been with me since I was a baby. By-the-way he is a chihuahua. I have a pic of him below.

Lady, we have a few Golden Retrievers in our neighborhood, and Maggie looks prettier than them all. smile And good luck with the grooming. smirk

#200089 - 06/24/09 03:51 AM Re: LadyCFII [Re: Havetia]
Lewanda Offline
Legend

I'm so sorry about your little dog Havoria. It's going to be really hard for you when he passes. He looks like he may have cataracs on his eyes. That may part of the stareing problem. My little Puff is getting up in dog years too, and I'm dreading the day when we lose her. I don't know if I'll get another after that or not.

#200099 - 06/24/09 05:18 AM Re: LadyCFII [Re: Krystal]
Lyssaria Offline
Legend

Loc: Suburban Isola
Maggie is a gorgeous dog! I'm so sorry about your loss of Mysti, but she had a wonderful long life with you and through your memory she'll live on.

I volunteer for various animal rescue groups so I get to hear both good and bad stories almost every day. It's great seeing pet owners like you that really love and take care of their pets, thanks for sharing. smile

Havoria, your dog is adorable! It's sad when they get older, but as long as they know they're loved it's going to be okay.

My dog is turning 17 next month and although he has his moments of weakness, he'll get right back up and start running around like a little puppy. I even have trouble getting a picture of him, this is the best I can do.

#200120 - 06/24/09 02:16 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: Lyssaria]
Havetia Offline
Guru

WOW! 17! That;s amazing! What kind of dog is he?

Lyssaria and Lewanda thank you for your kind words about my "puppy" Because we've all been fearing the day he goes we have a puppy. She a Jack Russell/Rat Terrier (terror LOL) mix. I used to have a pic of her on here, but that was taken we she was.... 3 months old. She's a little over five months now. I *try* to get a pic of her.

#200150 - 06/24/09 05:19 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: Havetia]
Lyssaria Offline
Legend

Loc: Suburban Isola
Aww I love Terriers, and yes they can definitely be little terrors smile My 17 year old is half poodle and half cairn terrier. I did have a 16 year old that passed away that was half pekingese and half poodle.

My other dog is also getting old, she's 14 now and she's definitely a bratty little Jack Russell Terrier. She used to be in movies, commercials and seen on President's Choice dog food cans & bags so it sounds like she's obedient, right? Apparently that only counts for her trainer, she'll do very naughty things at home. Gotta love her though!

#237506 - 11/16/14 06:12 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: Lyssaria]
VF_Life Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Tyler, TX
I know what it feels like my pet cat Sassy died in March 2013. The same month my other cat had 3 kittens. 2 of the kittens and the mother were run away by their brother Rollie. But then Rollie got married to Dolly and had 4 kittens Patchy, Whitey, Fluffy, & Grumpy. But there will be no more kittens cause we got Rollie fixed.

#237869 - 02/02/15 05:42 AM Re: LadyCFII [Re: VF_Life]
VF_Life Offline
Consigliere

I never mentioned Fluffy ran away or died in December and Grumpy died on November 21st. And they were only a couple months old.
PS:Guess what, it turns out there was a fifth cat I still haven't seen it, but it looks like Fluffy & Grumpy apparently.

#237870 - 02/02/15 06:00 AM Re: LadyCFII [Re: VF_Life]
VF_Life Offline
Consigliere

Family Tree for my cats
Hello Kitty m. Unnamed
kids:Cutie (ran away), Rollie, Wonderful (ran away)

Rollie m. Dolly
kids:Grumpy (dead), Fluffy (dead or ran away), Whity, Patchy

#237871 - 02/02/15 06:03 AM Re: LadyCFII [Re: VF_Life]
VF_Life Offline
Consigliere

And yes Fluffy is my avatar photo smile

#237872 - 02/02/15 06:24 AM Re: LadyCFII [Re: VF_Life]
VF_Life Offline
Consigliere

Here is a picture of all of my animals (excluding Dolly the cat, Hermy the Hermit Crab and my pet fish)
PS:
Fluffy may be dead, he's missing
Grumpy is dead
Sassy is dead

Attachments
Fluffy.jpg

Ginger the Dog.jpg

Grumpy.jpg

Patchy.jpg

Rollie.jpg

Sassy.jpg

Tinky.jpg