Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 141 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
Yesterday at 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186930 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 3 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 17 18 >
Topic Options
#69476 - 04/12/07 09:20 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: bajacalla]
Izzy2k2 Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Oklahoma
You have my condolences, LadyCFII. It's so sad when a pet truly loved is lost. Mysti must have gripped your heart when you saw her. She almost reminds me of my uncle's dog, who's name was Lucky, but was the most unluckiest dog in the world! All of the forums understand how you feel. And, of course, all dogs go to heaven \:\) .

#69559 - 04/13/07 03:15 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: Izzy2k2]
RockLobster Offline
Trainee

Again, my condolences. But at least you can take comfort that she had a good life - which is clearly evident by the happy expression on her face.
And what a pup she was! Aren't they great when they're all soft, cuddly and squishy? And it only gets better as they grow to become remarkable companions.

#69607 - 04/13/07 10:04 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: RockLobster]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

Loc: Maryland, USA
Everytime a beloved cat or dog died (more than one of which was accidently run over by my sister when she was learning to drive!) when I was a kid growing up, and even when I was a young adult, it was not long before another pet or two (or three) joined the household.

Then I figured out I was allergic to dogs and cats and sadly I have been without their companionship since \:\( , but at least I don't wheeze and I can breath through my nose.

I miss them all but I miss Sandy, Strohs, Beowulf, Blackie, Stripes, and Fluffy the most.

Any thoughts about getting another pet after a beloved pet dies?

#69610 - 04/13/07 11:01 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: Borg]
eyeshigh Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Loc: Houston, TX
I think it is more about getting the right pet, not just another pet.

My cat Easu was killed when I was 14 years old, I was 26 before I got another one, Piaget. Actually, he got me more than I got him. Lil bugger jumped right in my car and sat in the passenger seat waiting to be taken home. He was freezing and starving and I guess he knew he couldn't survive without a person at his beck and call.

My dog Jorge passed just over a year ago. And we lost my mom's dog Gus a year and a half before that. I'm not sure I'll ever get another dog. Jorge means more to me than most people. I'm not sure that I could ever really love another dog, especially if I'm trying to. I've never tried to love a pet before, all of my pets have found me when I wasn't really looking.

Jorge followed me everywhere at my grandmother's house, escaped the kennel and waited outside for me every morning until my dad realized that the dog was going to follow me 200 miles back home. I think I wouldn't have survived if it wasn't for that dog. My cat was killed after I had surgery for my shattered knee shattered my knee, a week before my birthday. For months I had almost no contact with anyone, and I didn't want it. The amazing part is, the dog was the only one who could get near me without hurting my leg. Everyone else bumped it, the other dog ran right into it. Jorge never ever even brushed my knee, even when he was sitting less than half an inch from me. One day I fell, trying to get up and in the wheelchair on my own, and he ran and got my mom outside, going to the sliding door and using his paws to push it open, and going across the street where mom was talking to a neighboor. When she got there, I had passed out from the pain.

The only bad thing about Jorge was that it was a pain to get him to take medicine. He could always get the pill out of the treat.

The only other pet that was really mine was Esau. When I was little I used to go to daycare at this lady's house. Her cat had kittens, and one of the kittens liked to hide in my shoes (no shoes in the house). WHen the lady asked us if we wanted a cat, Mom said we could get a girl cat, but the day we went to get the girl kitten, no one could find her. We looked and looked and looked, and we finally gave up. When we left, Esau was sitting in my shoes, and he came home with us instead. He was my constant companion for 6 years, got along with my mom's pets, and everyone he ever met.

its sad, i still cry when i think about him
i love Piaget now, but he isn't anything like Esau
i expect to still cry for Jorge, I had him longer and his passing is more recent, but I didn't think i could still cry for my cat.

#69614 - 04/13/07 11:45 PM Re: LadyCFII [Re: Borg]
melikevv Offline
Expert

Loc: texas
sorry about mysti see must have been a good dog such a tiny puppy and a big dog but a faithful companion.

#69620 - 04/14/07 01:19 AM Re: LadyCFII [Re: melikevv]
melikevv Offline
Expert

Loc: texas
my cat died 2 months ago it was sad \:\(

#69627 - 04/14/07 02:51 AM Re: LadyCFII [Re: melikevv]
DaisyGR Offline

Loc: Greece
LadyCFII,
I'm so sorry to hear about that. I lost a lot of pets and I know how you feel. It's really hard.
You have my condolences.
But I'm sure that sweet Mysti became an angel and she watches you from the heaven. She's glad when you are laughing, she's sad when you are crying and she wants you to be happy.

#69628 - 04/14/07 03:49 AM Re: LadyCFII [Re: LadyCFII]
Suze Offline

Loc: Jacksonville, FL
I'm very sorry to hear about your lpss as well. I too use one of my two dogs as my avatar - thats my Domino. We also have a Rotti, name Tank. the use of Domino is by no means that I love Tank less, I just love the pic.

#69634 - 04/14/07 04:48 AM Re: LadyCFII [Re: Suze]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

Loc: Maryland, USA
Domino looks like he is ready to drive the firetruck!

#69637 - 04/14/07 05:05 AM Re: LadyCFII [Re: Suze]
OINKA Offline

LadyCFII,

To lose a pet, especially one you raised from puppy, is so extremely painful. Basically, you have lost a "child" because you raised that precious "little person with four paws and fur", nurtured and loved her for many wonderful years. I am so sorry for your lost.

Take time to grieve and reflect on this precious gift, Mysti, was in your life. Remember all of her "barks", her good and bad times, and especially the joy she brought to you and your family.

Remember also, the poem "Rainbow Bridge" when you will be united with your precious Mysti once again.

Perhaps someday you will open your heart to another "little person with four paws and fur", however, take your time now and remember your beloved pet, friend and companion.

Losing a pet is as stressful as losing a human family member...because they "are" part of your family.

I wish you God's love through this difficult time.

Page 3 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 17 18 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter